Jump to content


Episode 72 — Heading Down To Glinishmore


21 replies to this topic

#1 July Diaz

    Earwolf Buddy

  • Administrators
  • 1,377 posts
  • LocationUnder a roof

Posted 23 April 2014 - 12:02 AM

Mildred (Sarah Guzzardo) is back to join the gang as they exit the mines and finally make their way to the beautiful and bustling town of Glinishmore. Will the town be entirely comprised of clones? Tune in to find out!

#2 hhlightcap

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:08 AM

Thanks for all the love back guys!!!
Sark you looked amazing in your purple robe!!!

We loved putting together the box of fun for you guys!!! I still want to see Sarah and/or Jerry drink their whisky in a picture!!!!

Clay and Tina Carver

#3 hhlightcap

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:50 AM

Also please god, remember your strength bonuses when you attack. Bart's sword should never do 3 damage!!!! They will never beat the old man fighting like that!!!!!

#4 xJxVx

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 23 April 2014 - 09:14 AM

While listening to this episode, I was certain that, traveling through the book, they'd traveled back in time to before Glinishmore was taken over. I was CONVINCED that they were going to run into a two-handed Richard the Rogue on the run from the authorities for stealing. I WAS SO SURE.

Even though that doesn't seem to be the case, I applaud a return to the main quest. And they're now closer to the Old Man than ever before! That months-long detour of episodes in the mines paid off by actually furthering the story. Well played, Sark! Well played.

Also, I just saw Under The Skin (It is SO great!) and I suspect Sark saw it, too, with the whole limp-skin-bag, soul-sucking pop thing. If not, Sark, see that shit.

Great episode.

#5 must turd

    half animal, part party machine

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:27 AM

View PostxJxVx, on 23 April 2014 - 09:14 AM, said:

While listening to this episode, I was certain that, traveling through the book, they'd traveled back in time to before Glinishmore was taken over. I was CONVINCED that they were going to run into a two-handed Richard the Rogue on the run from the authorities for stealing. I WAS SO SURE.

Even though that doesn't seem to be the case, I applaud a return to the main quest. And they're now closer to the Old Man than ever before! That months-long detour of episodes in the mines paid off by actually furthering the story. Well played, Sark! Well played.

Also, I just saw Under The Skin (It is SO great!) and I suspect Sark saw it, too, with the whole limp-skin-bag, soul-sucking pop thing. If not, Sark, see that shit.

Great episode.



i was convinced they were going to find that the book stayed behind when they traveled through it. i was yelling in my head, haven't you ever played Myst!! don't you know how this works? don't do it!

but i was happy how it worked out

other than that, the old man just happening to land at the exact right time in the exact right place seemed very convenient almost forced, but i have to assume it's just Sark trying to put an end to this particular quest, i mean they have been playing it for almost 2 years right? i don't know about everyone else but i'm ready for them to stop chasing this asshole and just put the hurt on him finally. then they can use the book to go to a cool new world (especially since now seemingly the entire population of glinnishmore are deflated bags of skin.) and hopefully meet a new gerry character too!

#6 xJxVx

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 23 April 2014 - 10:47 AM

View Postmust turd, on 23 April 2014 - 10:27 AM, said:



i was convinced they were going to find that the book stayed behind when they traveled through it. i was yelling in my head, haven't you ever played Myst!! don't you know how this works? don't do it!

but i was happy how it worked out

other than that, the old man just happening to land at the exact right time in the exact right place seemed very convenient almost forced, but i have to assume it's just Sark trying to put an end to this particular quest, i mean they have been playing it for almost 2 years right? i don't know about everyone else but i'm ready for them to stop chasing this asshole and just put the hurt on him finally. then they can use the book to go to a cool new world (especially since now seemingly the entire population of glinnishmore are deflated bags of skin.) and hopefully meet a new gerry character too!


1) I looooove Myst! I draw inspiration from it in my current D&D game at home.

2) I thought they were going to face off with the Old Man on the planet of dead people, but he got away. I don't suppose we'll see the end coming, whenever, if ever, it finally happens. Personally, I want to find out who this guy is; what's his story?

#7 Hoax

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 01:04 PM

I hope the name of the big boss bad guy is George G. Crickmore Esquire.

#8 HunterJE

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 05:22 PM

Great episode as always! Nice to be back on track, and great to see stakes rising once again.

I can admit that, a little bit when it became clear that the townsfolk were compromised, and then much more when everyone in town froze and then imploded, the main thing going through my head was "damn good thing Sir Richard isn't alive to see this, it would have ruined him."

View Postmust turd, on 23 April 2014 - 10:27 AM, said:

other than that, the old man just happening to land at the exact right time in the exact right place seemed very convenient almost forced


Of course, there are a few alternate explanations--one, the Old Man may have set up G'more as his base of operations, and comes and goes from the city regularly (hence, his landing as they arrived wasn't nearly as unusual as it would otherwise be), or two, and this one seems most likely to me, he wants to confront our team in G'more for some reason (or no reason, I wouldn't put it past him to set up that disheartening welcome party merely to screw with them). After all, he's been entirely aware of their presence on this planet at least since the village pyre...

#9 Concord Bismarck

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 07:15 PM

I really miss Gerry's contribution to the show, especially since Sir Richard never got to see Glinishmore one more time before his death. If this really is the final boss battle I want to hear him come back from the grave and deliver the death blow to the old man.

#10 Kevin Irmiter

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 08:20 PM

I agree with HunterJE. Both about Sir Richard, and almost being glad he wasn't around to see this, and about the "coincidence" of the old man showing up. It didn't strike me as THAT big a coincidence, because you had to figure he would be coming because he knew they were on the planet. He certainly seemed to be expecting them. Only thing is, why does he seem so shocked that they started destroying his ship like that?

#11 schadenfreudian

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 08:33 AM

I'm glad Mildred is finally back.

#12 Uncle Dracula

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationLebanon NH

Posted 24 April 2014 - 11:01 AM

The "got no reason" mumbled by Ken (I think) while talking about the dwarves made me laugh. Probably referencing this: Randy Newman - Short People (1978): http://youtu.be/uFmv22ghzQw

#13 SteFoster

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 April 2014 - 02:39 AM

Yes very happy to see Sarah back here. Always the sensible yin to the rest of the gangs wayward yang.

#14 Stargoyle

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • Location???

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:05 PM

View PostHunterJE, on 23 April 2014 - 05:22 PM, said:

I can admit that, a little bit when it became clear that the townsfolk were compromised, and then much more when everyone in town froze and then imploded, the main thing going through my head was "damn good thing Sir Richard isn't alive to see this, it would have ruined him."


He'd be doing meth by now.

#15 HunterJE

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 25 April 2014 - 03:48 PM

What would the in-setting equivalent be?

#16 Bruce Reid Robinson II

    Over-educated and under-employed

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,179 posts
  • LocationChecking out the beavs in Corvallis

Posted 25 April 2014 - 04:49 PM

Alcohol poisoning?

#17 telegramsam

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 26 April 2014 - 12:38 PM

I think we're all kind of hoping for a new Gerry character to enter either right before, or during the final battle.

Also remember the "REJUVENATIONNNNNN" thing? Are they going to be looking for a YOUNG Necromancer now????

#18 Ghost_Anvil

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 03:35 AM

An episode with no Blackie Green is like school in summertime..."no class!"

(glad to have Mildred back...the group needs her sanity, even if Glinnishmore is bittersweet sans-Sir Richard).

#19 Krakka Glo-stik

    Member

  • Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:13 AM

I think Sark has invented a new genre--Soulpunk.

#20 must turd

    half animal, part party machine

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 27 April 2014 - 10:35 AM

View PostGhost_Anvil, on 27 April 2014 - 03:35 AM, said:

An episode with no Blackie Green is like school in summertime..."no class!"

(glad to have Mildred back...the group needs her sanity, even if Glinnishmore is bittersweet sans-Sir Richard).


did you just listen to improv4humans?