🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Off-Week 4 (Cakebug Tranch's Pick)

I think its streaming...I know I've seen it on either Netflix, Amazon, or Hulu.

It was on Amazon.

• Like 2

I thought it was going to be Once. Back to the shelf, Once DVD.

Intentional curveball! Why pick something I know I love when I can rather be not offended when people actively hate the one I picked? No, I'm not as brave as Taylor Anne to pick something I am invested in.

• Like 3

My wife said she wouldn't watch it if was Moulin Rouge. Too sad.

Too much perfection? Yeah, I get it.

• Like 6

Okay I haven't read all the replies yet, but this was seriously ALMOST my pick as well

I fucking love this movie and I can't wait for this next week because apparently I'm trash LOL

giphy.gif

• Like 5

Okay I haven't read all the replies yet, but this was seriously ALMOST my pick as well

YESSS TAYLOR

39bee4f33728e1f54402d858540d373c-weekend-update-high-five.gif

• Like 3

Intentional curveball! Why pick something I know I love when I can rather be not offended when people actively hate the one I picked? No, I'm not as brave as Taylor Anne to pick something I am invested in.

It's much easier to point fingers and yell "YOU'RE WRONG!" when someone tries to shit on Beauty and the Beast though lol

• Like 4

Too much perfection? Yeah, I get it.

That's exactly right. She literally loves it so much she can't watch it.

Actually, it's like me with The Beatles. I've been listening to them since I was fourteen and I've learned how to play the majority of their songs on various instruments. But since I have been so immersed in everything about them, catalog and history, it's gotten to the point that I don't actually listen to them all that often anymore.

• Like 5

tumblr_mgrbjbpL4a1qcrgoyo1_400_zps2f43d356.gif

• Like 5

Omg also I realized that I haven't watched this in over 3 years which is a travesty because it has no rating for me on letterboxd. Strap in, y'all, and get ready for that 4 1/2 star rating to pop up LOL

• Like 5

Seriously, I'm so apprehensive about this pick. I'm relishing the uncertainty.

• Like 4

That's exactly right. She literally loves it so much she can't watch it.

Actually, it's like me with The Beatles. I've been listening to them since I was fourteen and I've learned how to play the majority of their songs on various instruments. But since I have been so immersed in everything about them, catalog and history, it's gotten to the point that I don't actually listen to them all that often anymore.

Well, get ready to be delighted at some points, and horrified at others. The catalogue is there in all its glory, in a myriad of ways. My favourite story was a few years ago when I was talking to my mum on Facetime, and she was telling me about how she was watching this nice movie that she found on demand. She was watching, and about 45 minutes in, she turned to my father and said 'I feel like I recognise a lot of songs in this movie'. And then, after another 15 minutes, she turned and said 'Have ALL these songs been Beatles songs?"

She had no idea what the movie was. And that's the best. And she grew up alllll through the sixties as a major Beatles fan.

Ha ha! I'm so excited now!

• Like 3

So, Tomspanks is on the did not enjoy side and taylor anne and CakeBug are on the love side? Have I got this right?

• Like 3

Seriously, I'm so apprehensive about this pick. I'm relishing the uncertainty.

I've rattled the king!

F1cyJ5D.gif

• Like 2

Listen, I love the Beatles. I've attended a Beatles convention, willingly. Still cannot get behind this movie.

• Like 5

Listen, I love the Beatles. I've attended a Beatles convention, willingly. Still cannot get behind this movie.

I want to know why but I feel that's jumping the gun on the discussion way to early.

• Like 4

Perfect-GIF.gif

• Like 4

I want to know why but I feel that's jumping the gun on the discussion way to early.

You will see for yourself soon, young grasshopper.

• Like 5

You will see for yourself soon, young grasshopper.

Now, tomspanks, by the laws of Musical Mondays, you HAVE to watch the movie again. Just so we're clear. ;)

• Like 4

Now, tomspanks, by the laws of Musical Mondays, you HAVE to watch the movie again. Just so we're clear. ;)

You must have really hated Tommy

• Like 5

giphy.gif

• Like 6

Yes. It's in our Constitution.

• Like 5

Yes. It's in our Constitution.

It specifically says "And tomspanks will have to watch all movies suggested for Musical Mondays, even if they are rewatches."

• Like 6

It specifically says "And tomspanks will have to watch all movies suggested for Musical Mondays, even if they are rewatches."

Ahh, the fourth amendment. That was a good amendment.

• Like 4

You must have really hated Tommy

on the contrary! Much as tomspanks re-watched Tommy and realised it was way worse than she remembered, she'll get to re-watch Across the Universe and realise it's way better than she remembers! It's a public service!

• Like 4