🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Week 24 Preview (Cinco DeNio’s 2nd Pick)

Is it wrong that when I read Neve Campbell's brother my first thought was "Mathew Fox?"

13f2jv.jpg

• Like 1

Bruce is awesome but *bzzzt*! Try again. (Although Bruce is from Michigan too!)

Ash-Evil-Dead.gif

If I was Neve Campbell, I'd just claim Bruce Campbell was my brother

• Like 4

I'd better offer one other warning. The subtitles in the Amazon streaming and Blu-Ray are below par. I think the Amazon ones are computer-generated and the Blu-Ray copied the streaming. When we discuss the movie we can talk about specific examples.

Whoever picks in December your job just got a lot easier. Ana Gasteyer's in it as well.

A Christmas Story Live!

I can only assume Matthew Broderick is doing the narration because otherwise that means he'd be Santa and I just don't see that. Or maybe he's that kid that likes the Wizard of Oz.

• Like 2

I can only assume Matthew Broderick is doing the narration because otherwise that means he'd be Santa and I just don't see that. Or maybe he's that kid that likes the Wizard of Oz.

If he is the narrator that means he has a cameo as the guy who tells Ralphie he's at the wrong end of the Santa line.

• Like 1

Whoever picks in December your job just got a lot easier. Ana Gasteyer's in it as well.

A Christmas Story Live!

Am I going to get shunned if I admit I don't like that movie? Hypothetically.

• Like 2

I don't think so. I can totally get that. What's your stance on How the Grinch Stole Christmas?

• Like 1

How can you not like the movie? They won't perform it until a week before Christmas! (side-eye) Are you a time traveler?

• Like 1

I don't think so. I can totally get that. What's your stance on How the Grinch Stole Christmas?

Love it. Not my favorite, but high on the list.

How can you not like the movie? They won't perform it until a week before Christmas! (side-eye) Are you a time traveler?

Yes. Buy stock in Grubhub and avoid rollercoasters in December.

• Like 3

Have you watched this, Cinco? Is it worth watching the non-Musical version to compare?

Unfortunately I've watched almost nothing else all week. I would watch the non-musical to compare but only after the musical. They changed the story to better fit a stage musical structure. This started as a stage musical in 1998 and then was filmed in 2004. The non-musical is available for free a lot of places but The Internet Archive is my recommendation. It will also come to play in my next post.

If you get the soundtrack from Ghostlight records (the only soundtrack listed on Amazon) you also get the stage show soundtrack CD.

I just received my DVD and the original movie is a bonus feature. Will check out the rest of the DVD later tonight (they frown on me watching it at work -- how dare they!).

• Like 2

I just want to thank everyone for making other picks so I could be the one to bring Anna AND Elsa into Musical Mondays. It was quite generous of all of you.

It turns out I've brought two Elphabas from Wicked into this as well. Idina Menzel in Rent and Ana Gasteyer in Reefer Madness. (Just waiting for KBell to make her debut as Elphaba.)

• Like 1

Watch The Good Place.

A) The Good Place is Amazing

B) Kristen Bell is Amazing in it

I either re-listened to the Jason X episode or the minisode and they mentioned that Zouks is in The Good Place. Is it a one-off or is he a recurring character?

I either re-listened to the Jason X episode or the minisode and they mentioned that Zouks is in The Good Place. Is it a one-off or is he a recurring character?

In two eps and I don't think poised to come back, but the show doesn't really play by any real rules.

• Like 2

In two eps and I don't think poised to come back, but the show doesn't really play by any real rules.

I really just want a gif of the scene where he

can't stop saying Jason.

• Like 3

I really just want a gif of the scene where he

can't stop saying Jason.

Talk to Avaryl (sp?). Maybe she can make a supercut for you.

• Like 1