Jump to content
Laurita

Fateful Findings Seattle Show

Recommended Posts

Hi all, we’re going to the Seattle show on September 15th, and I can’t find the movie they’re doing (Fateful Findings) available anywhere in the US. Any ideas/recommendations?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

 

1 hour ago, Laurita said:

Hi all, we’re going to the Seattle show on September 15th, and I can’t find the movie they’re doing (Fateful Findings) available anywhere in the US. Any ideas/recommendations?

I am in the same boat. Apparently it is only available on pornhub (according to  a HDTGM post). It’s not even available to borrow from the library as a dvd. 

I am apprehensive—to say the least—on streaming it off of pornhub. I have no idea how safe it is. Chunks of it are available on YouTube and you can see the whole movie there too, but some random guy is giving a commentary track all over it.

And I’m not gonna give Neil (or is it Neal?) Breen $25 to own this. no forking way,

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

After seeing some clips on YouTube, there’s no chance I’m spending $25 for this piece of shit. Still love the show with all my heart, of course, but why’d they pick a movie that’s nigh on impossible to watch in this country?!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I love the show too, but good question. I have tickets for both this show and the second show. The movie they’re showing for the late show—The Visitor— is available to stream for free if you have a Seattle library card. It can be found on the Hoopla App, which works with most streaming devices (fire sticks, Roku, etc.) and on computers. Just FYI.

Share this post


Link to post

If you use private browsing I can't imagine that pornhub would be an issue. Hang on, I'll try it right now and see if it does anything sketchy re popups...

Seems fine to me. It did pop up a window underneath the main window, and you'll probably want to full-screen the movie once it gets rolling. Your mileage may vary, as they say. I'd post the direct link here but I'm guessing the nice folks at Earwolf would frown on that. So to sum up:

1) open a private browsing window
2) go to Pornhub
3) search for Fateful Findings
4) profit!

Edited to add: probably best not to do this on a work computer or public computer, like at a library.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

If the only place to realistically get the movie without spending $25 is going to pornhub, that's a really disappointing thing for the show to do to the audience. Even if the movie isn't porn, making the audience go to a porn site (understanding we don't need to watch the movie but ideally it's an option) to see it is definitely not cool. A lot of people don't want to see the adds on the side or support an industry that treats women as badly as the porn industry does. 

The show has posted links to stream the very hard to find movies like Rad or A Night In Heaven. Hopefully they will do that as it gets closer to the show date.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, grudlian. said:

If the only place to realistically get the movie without spending $25 is going to pornhub, that's a really disappointing thing for the show to do to the audience. Even if the movie isn't porn, making the audience go to a porn site (understanding we don't need to watch the movie but ideally it's an option) to see it is definitely not cool. A lot of people don't want to see the adds on the side or support an industry that treats women as badly as the porn industry does. 

The show has posted links to stream the very hard to find movies like Rad or A Night In Heaven. Hopefully they will do that as it gets closer to the show date.

I hear you and I don't disagree. But I don't exactly agree either, because you're making a pretty sweeping generalization there. There is such a thing as ethical porn just as there are other forms of ethical sex work with perfectly happy people doing it (pardon the pun) and getting paid. So at the risk of reopening a toxic circular discussion that people have stormed off in a huff over before, this is one of those calculations that people need to make for themselves. A poster asked how to find the movie, and they have been given an option. It's not an ideal option, not a nice neat mainstream way to see a film, but then it's not a nice neat mainstream film either. IMO it's more ethically defensible to point people to Pornhub than, say, Amazon, but again, ymmv.

Edited to add: I just want to emphasize that I do agree with the basic sentiment that it would be nice, especially in the case of an episode where it's a tour and people have had to buy tickets and get babysitters and such, to make sure the film is widely available. But the thing is, the film IS easily available - for $25. For someone already going to the show and paying for that and transport and whatever else, I don't think the extra $25 is that much of a hardship. So if the ask is really "how can I see this movie for free on a website that I am comfortable going to?" I don't think that is really HDGTM's problem, nor ours. All we can do is offer the info that we find and let people make their own choices.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, theworstbuddhist said:

If you use private browsing I can't imagine that pornhub would be an issue. Hang on, I'll try it right now and see if it does anything sketchy re popups...

Seems fine to me. It did pop up a window underneath the main window, and you'll probably want to full-screen the movie once it gets rolling. Your mileage may vary, as they say. I'd post the direct link here but I'm guessing the nice folks at Earwolf would frown on that. So to sum up:

1) open a private browsing window
2) go to Pornhub
3) search for Fateful Findings
4) profit!

Edited to add: probably best not to do this on a work computer or public computer, like at a library.

Haha! You mean I shouldn’t use pornhub in public? I guess I’ll have to rethink my life choices.

Thanks for the info!

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, GrahamS. said:

Haha! You mean I shouldn’t use pornhub in public? I guess I’ll have to rethink my life choices.

Thanks for the info!

If you were here in Halifax at the public library where my wife works, someone watching Fateful Findings on Pornhub would not be the worst thing she sees in any given shift. :P

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, theworstbuddhist said:

If you were here in Halifax at the public library where my wife works, someone watching Fateful Findings on Pornhub would not be the worst thing she sees in any given shift. :P

I work in the public school system, so it would be frowned upon, to say the least.🤪

1 hour ago, theworstbuddhist said:

Edited to add: I just want to emphasize that I do agree with the basic sentiment that it would be nice, especially in the case of an episode where it's a tour and people have had to buy tickets and get babysitters and such, to make sure the film is widely available. But the thing is, the film IS easily available - for $25. For someone already going to the show and paying for that and transport and whatever else, I don't think the extra $25 is that much of a hardship. So if the ask is really "how can I see this movie for free on a website that I am comfortable going to?" I don't think that is really HDGTM's problem, nor ours. All we can do is offer the info that we find and let people make their own choices.

Also, as a public servant, while I am not overly conservative on how I spend my money (I did see Hobbs & Shaw in 4DX, after all, which cost almost $25), I just don’t want to use my hard-earned money to support Fateful Findings, which I never would have watched ever, if HDTGM wasn’t coming to Seattle (which, again, I am very excited about). My love of bad movies has limits.

1 hour ago, theworstbuddhist said:

MO it's more ethically defensible to point people to Pornhub than, say, Amazon, but again, ymmv.

i also don’t want to get into the ethical debate of Pornhub because that’s just a massively complex issue, as theworstbuddhist pointed out in his previous post.  I will say though, as a Seattle native who has friends who work at Amazon (and as someone who realizes that cities are meant to change)...fuck Amazon and fuck Jeff Bezos for what he’s done to this city. Do I think change is bad? No. Do I think people who work for Amazon are bad? Of course not. Do I think Amazon’s change is bad for Seattle? Yes. Congrats to New York for keeping them out.

Sorry for my soapbox rant. Have a good day, all!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I saw it when I spent the day hanging out with  a girl I was seeing and her roommate and her boyfriend. They streamed it for us and I'm pretty sure they neither paid for it or used pornhub to get it. I know she said she was moving to Japan soon but I can text her tomorrow and ask if she can ask them. I'll keep you guys posted! It's truly a WILD movie and you must see it.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks! 

Quick question: I heard there’s a suicide in it (or at least one). Is it graphic or campy and over the top? The preview looks totally bonkers but I just want to have an idea of what I’m about to subject myself to.

if my question leads to a spoiler answer, I don’t care. Spoil away!

Share this post


Link to post

 I think it's an overdose not a suicide and there's a murder staged as suicide that is very clearly a murder

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, GrahamS. said:

Thanks! 

Quick question: I heard there’s a suicide in it (or at least one). Is it graphic or campy and over the top? The preview looks totally bonkers but I just want to have an idea of what I’m about to subject myself to.

if my question leads to a spoiler answer, I don’t care. Spoil away!

The end of the movie, as I recall, is a fever dream of multiple suicides. I will say that as a person who has struggled with mental illness and suicidal thoughts over the years, it was not triggering in the least FOR ME. Because it is just so stupid and poorly done.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
On 8/23/2019 at 10:11 AM, theworstbuddhist said:

The end of the movie, as I recall, is a fever dream of multiple suicides. I will say that as a person who has struggled with mental illness and suicidal thoughts over the years, it was not triggering in the least FOR ME. Because it is just so stupid and poorly done.

Oh God I forgot about that! I'm so sorry GrahamS! I have a deep aversion to self harm and I agree personally it wasn't very affecting. Granted I was drinking and trash talking the movie with a group of people and there was a cat I wanted to snuggle  so I might not have been the best viewer

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, gigi-tastic said:

Oh God I forgot about that! I'm so sorry GrahamS! I have a deep aversion to self harm and I agree personally it wasn't very affecting. Granted I was drinking and trash talking the movie with a group of people and there was a cat I wanted to snuggle  so I might not have been the best viewer

It’s ok, gigi-tastic. Honestly, no worries! 

Share this post


Link to post

Thought I would be the guinea pig and purchased the movie through the .biz site with PayPal. I got my receipt from PayPal but no comms from the seller whatsoever. Website says it takes 3-4 weeks for delivery. I have an email and phone number for the seller (films111) and will reach out to them soon. Oh and purchased 8/16/19.

Share this post


Link to post
@HDTGM said:

ATTN PPL OF EARTH: here are links to 2 of the hard-to-find films we're covering. They're both PW protected with the exact same PW. It's all lowercase, it starts with "b" and Jason says it a lot. It's not baby or boobs.
https://app.frame.io/presentations/db516725-c200-4902-9a04-ddc37c184feb
https://vimeo.com/355021485

The second link is for the Seattle show.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Ok, the link worked and I watched it. Holy shit, it’s like Tommy Wiseau directed the last 30 minutes of Mulholland Drive and stretched it into a 100 minute movie.

My only concern was during the final stretch of the film. I was genuinely worried that Neil Breen was autistic or had another disability. As someone who has worked with students with disabilities from kindergarten through high school, I could totally buy that he was trying his best despite a disability. I wouldn’t feel comfortable laughing at this if that were the case, but after doing some research, I didn’t find any articles indicating that this was so. So I guess we can all laugh away? Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×