🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
NerdPoka

Is anyone else liking Damien more than Amarth?

El Ryan was great, but when Gerry plays Sir Richard, you can hear him thinking like a paladin. He makes decisions based on his character's brain instead of his, which is awesome.

I love that he got much more fervent after his near death (far death?) experience.

• Like 1

El Ryan was great, but when Gerry plays Sir Richard, you can hear him thinking like a paladin. He makes decisions based on his character's brain instead of his, which is awesome.

They're both awesome, but my vote goes to Sir Richard. "Does this look infected?"

The "does this look infected" gambit is the funniest thing to ever happen on the show. That episode was also awesome in how Sark figured out how to reunite Sir Richard and Mildred with the rest of the crew on board the starship.

Damien is great, but I suspect the best is yet to come considering he hasn't yet been tested in battle. I love that Brian seems to put more effort into the roleplaying with Damien.

• Like 2

Amarth was cool, but you could tell Brian was doing something he was very used to. Sometimes it almost felt like he was going on autopilot. With Damien, you can tell that Brian is going outside his comfort zone and enjoying the game in a way he hasn't before. He's definitely a lot more actively engaged as Damien than as Amarth. Brian has definitely been a lot more fun to listen to since the transition.

At some point his brother will show up… "Todd, c'mon, it's time to take grandma to Olive Garden!"

This kills me everytime i read it. hahaha

Really no love For El Ryan and Spirit Bear!!!

Amarth and Damien are merely two sides of the same coin.... a coin made of

METAL!!!!!!!

:::::insert sweet 18 mintue guitar solo from Kerry King::::::

I read this in Brian's throaty 'Nerd Poker' metal voice from the beginning of the show. Thank you for the giggles, sir.

I think that this is actually really true of the characters though--Amarth was like old school metal, simple (stupid) but hard (strong) as fuck. He reminds me of a guy from a biker gang or something. He wants to headbang and get drunk, to have fun with his buddies, but he wont pass up a chance for some rape or murder if it behooves him. He acts like a badass and backs it up.

Damien? He's more like a 90's wanabee, on the goth/emo end of the metalhead spectrum. He's evil... but only because he thinks it's cool. He's emotional and vindictive and thinks the world is out to get him. He wouldn't just kill an unarmed prisoner for the good of the group, he'd roll his eyes and mumble about why they were taking a prisoner in the first place, and then command her to stop breathing. That's how I see it at least! Two sides of the same METAL coin. :D

• Like 1

As much as I loved Amarth... Damian is the perfect addition to the party. He and Sir Richards back and forth has kept me in stiches laughing.

Long live the little goth boy from the tower!