🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 269 — Smaug’s Kickstarter

I was laughing so hard when Besser started playing Morrissey, oh my god.

I wish they still played [The Who]: Whooooooooooooooooo [scott]: Said it?

They should play it next time that mookie brings his MJ character on the show.

"Who said it?.... 'Hee Hee, Shamone, Where's lisa marie, Dah! Where dem elephant bones? Where's Macaulay? Dah! Shamone Whoooo! Where my glove? Whoo!' "

• Like 4

the deafening silence after Smaug uttered that other f-word tho.

not cool Smaug. not cool.

Oh wow! I never realized that where Scott likes to sit and where Matt likes to sit for their respective Earwolf shows works perfectly when the two sit together for a podcast. I have the time, so I'm going to review pictures for all of Matt's CBB appearances and see if they always do that.

UPDATE: Of the CBB episodes recorded in the current studio that provide pictures (#168, #191, #195, #201, and #239), episodes #191 & #201 displace Matt from his i4h spot. #191 was the 2012 Holiday Spectacular with a bunch of people cramming into the studio, so that's expected, and #201 Matt's sitting next to Scott. All other appearances has Matt sitting in his usual i4h spot. Neat!

Thank you for your service. You're doing God's work.

When he broke out "Dildo Faggins", I lost it. That was a big insult on the playground when I was in 3rd grade. To hear it again coming from Matt Besser as Smaug? Holy shit.

Was Doug doing a subtle bit regarding the timing of the show? We're all aware the shows aren't always recorded that close to when they drop (yadayda1yearaheadyadayada) which can lead to mild guest confusion, first couple of times I thought Mr Benson was just making mistakes or the episode was recorded supes early but by the end it seemed he was deliberately taking every opportunity to make it sound like the episode was being recorded on different dates.

And I know it's not the cleverest bit but the Puff the Magic dragon line had me laughing harder than I can remember at CBB since maybe "Fuck off Blofeld"

• Like 1

Was Doug doing a subtle bit regarding the timing of the show? We're all aware the shows aren't always recorded that close to when they drop (yadayda1yearaheadyadayada) which can lead to mild guest confusion, first couple of times I thought Mr Benson was just making mistakes or the episode was recorded supes early but by the end it seemed he was deliberately taking every opportunity to make it sound like the episode was being recorded on different dates.

Yeah, he was definitely doing a bit. Before this was released, I heard him talking on some other show about how he had just recorded this, and Scott originally saying at the time that it might go in the can and get released much later (hence the jokes), but then saying he might end up releasing it sooner instead (which he did).

I was going to mention how clever I felt for noticing this. Not only did you outclever me quicker, but I realize now that Mr. Aukerman probably tosses dozens of these per episode, most of which fly over my head. Quite an unsettling thought to start my week, despite my enjoyment of the episode.

High sounded less Doug than usual as well, which I think is beneficial to his delivery. I thought he was a very good guest.

Regards

Scott, though, swung and missed on the Neko Case "IS THAT FAIR TO SAY?" callback.

See, if you appoint Charles Grodin as your second, he'd be too busy killing baby animals on your behalf to lecture you about your farts.

Sign in to follow this