🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 90 — Funkiest Lord’s Prayer

Megan Neuringer is a super funny person who you may recognize from TV, movies, and performing at the UCB Theatre in NY & LA. Megan & Jake chat about the dangers of having bed bugs, having fun with a crude Vine commenter, rave culture in NY, and why it was brutal for Megan when she was coming up in the UCB NY comedy scene. They also talk about a young gentleman’s love letter/Frozen parody, the funkiest Lord’s Prayer, and the Church of Satan. Check out all the videos from today’s episode over at youtube.com/TheFogelnestFiles! Jake will be a guest on a LIVE taping of How Was Your Week with Julie Klausner on Sunday, June 1st at The Bell House in Brooklyn, New York. Get tickets at the www.thebellhouseny.com!

• Like 3

Great episode. Love having Megan Neuringer on the Files....she's amazeballs.

BTW, no video on the YouTube channel at the mo'

-R

• Like 1

Great episode. Megan is indeed pretty awesome. Although I hate (and this is not meant to be a criticism of her at all) that she feels like she has to be secretive about her age, to the point that it comes up multiple times in this episode.

• Like 1

The Fogelnest Files is a place where the phrase "my friend Dogboner on Twitter" is not meant to be snarky or sarcastic. It ACTUALLY MEANS you have a friend, whom you like, named Dogboner who shares funny stuff on the Internet. Yes. <3

Also, I've always found the kind of "kinder, gentler" version of Christianity that was marketed in the 60s and 70s really interesting. Originally, the term "Jesus Freak" meant a big ol' hippie, peace-and-love type who was also into Christianity. There was a whole host of "____ Freak" subsets of Hippie culture. Weirdos! Now "Jesus Freak" kind of has the connotation of an asshole Christian Right, Pat Robertson-type. Way less interesting and not at all pleasant. I could get down with some of those funky nuns.

Finally, I give Pitchfork reviewers and any AV Club list that puts this podcast in the "Rest" section a 2.7/10.

• Like 1

When Jake was telling his flea story I kept imagining him talking about Flea from the Red Hot Chili Peppers

Great episode, loved it! I enjoyed the analysis of the Frozen parody (I'm dying to know what Jake makes of IceJJFish, who is so much worse).

Anton LaVey was a revelation. I've heard of him, but never seen him. I knew some Satanists in college and was invited to an orgie, but no. Not for me. Anyway, they weren't nearly as clever as LaVey. Would you go to a LaVey orgie? Would Pyne?

Song for the Stupid Raver Shithead was great. Unlistenable but great. I loved it when Meagan said she's listened to music like that. So have I, hell I make music like that!

Sign in to follow this