🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Blast Hardcheese

This Is 40

I know this movie would never, ever get reviewed on HDTGM given the connections to the Apatow universe Paul, June and Jason most likely have, but I would love to hear this crapfest of a film get the reaming it deserves.

My wife practically begged me to watch this movie with her. After the last couple of self-indulgent Apatow features, I wasn't really looking forward to wasting time and an Amazon rental on another one. But, being married is all about compromise, so I relented. After this unbelievable snoozer was finished, my wife turned to me and said, "I'm really sorry for making you watch that."

I'm almost 40 and I couldn't relate to this movie at all. I felt alienated from these characters and their "problems." The humor was lukewarm at best and I didn't care about anything that was going on on-screen ...at all. This movie might as well have been called "Issues You Wish You Had."

Someone tell Apatow to hook-up with Paul Feig again and make a Freaks and Geeks reunion movie already. Because shit like This Is 40 ain't cutting it anymore.

I am someone who actually really enjoyed Happy People, but I still found This is 40 to be a dull, self-indulgent snoozefest. I don't think it would make a good HDTGM episode, but it was SO frustrating to watch because of the talent involved. The whole time I was thinking, "don't these people realize how god damn uninteresting they are being?"

I am someone who actually really enjoyed Happy People, but I still found This is 40 to be a dull, self-indulgent snoozefest. I don't think it would make a good HDTGM episode, but it was SO frustrating to watch because of the talent involved. The whole time I was thinking, "don't these people realize how god damn uninteresting they are being?"

Counterpoint: Wasn'r being uninteresting the point of the movie?

Yeah this movie wasn't interesting, but it wasn't bad. I think some of you don't really get what makes a bad movie bad.

Counterpoint: Wasn'r being uninteresting the point of the movie?

Well, if it was some weird Dogme 95-like attempt to be as uninteresting as the filmmakers felt they were, then... most successful movie ever?

• Like 1

Yeah this movie wasn't interesting, but it wasn't bad. I think some of you don't really get what makes a bad movie bad.

I've sat through Eden Log. I've seen both G.I. Joe movies in the theater opening day. I watched Christmas With the Cranks just to see how truly maddening it is. The un-MST3K version of Mitchell? I've watched that from beginning to eye-bleeding end. I know what makes bad movies bad.

Sign in to follow this