🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
gregoryg

Guest Idea: Worst Idea Of All Time Podcast

"...in which the hosts watch and review Grown Ups 2 once per week for a year. They are currently on viewing/review #22 as they descend into madness and despair."

I think the HDTGM crew should steer clear. By the time anything might come together, the Worst Idea guys'll just be blubbering masses of insanity. I mean; man... might as well just have a couple pudding cups on as a guest. That's gotta be equal to talking to any human being after watching Grown Ups 2 every week for months. I imagine most exchanges going something like this:

"What do you think, Guest?"

*blubbers incoherently, maybe screams and runs off*

"What do you think, Pudding Cup?"

*silence, maybe falls over*

See? Adds exactly the same amount to the discussion :)

• Like 1

I think it may be a pretty short trip to madness for Tim Batt, this is the guy used to do a segment on a TV show where he would review public toilets (including a rating for WiFi accessibility) and in one episode turned up wearing a garbage bag.

• Like 1

Okay so I think this would be pretty great. The guys over at the podcast called The Worst Idea of All Time are coming close to a full year of watching Grown Ups 2 for an entire year. I think Paul, Jason, and June need to have these guys on as a guest and do this movie. I feel like it would be perfect.

Some background if you don't know The Worst Idea of All Time: two Kiwis are watching Grown Ups 2 every week for a year. Why? They don't even know, but their show is pretty great as they dissolve into misery at each viewing with the occasional up.

This seems to be a pretty natural pairing and I think it would make for a great episode!

• Like 1

It would be a great crossover, but Paul has already all but said that they won't do Grown Ups 2 since they have friends (by which they mean Swarsdon). But honestly if Swarsdon doesn't have a sense of humor about how despicably bad these Sandler movies are, he's not worth being friends with. Yeah. Slam.

• Like 1

so when they come to LA to do their last episode just have them on to talk about a different movie or something...they would be very good on the show

• Like 1

I would definitely like to hear these guys on an ep of HDTGM. One of the first things that struck me about the two of them is how well they can dissect and articulate there dislike of the heaping pile of poopoo that is Grown Ups2. These guys talk to each other like brothers or more accurately like two POWs who spent time being tortured together. Anyway they obviously have great chemistry (Walter White) and would be great tearing apart any flick with Paul and the crew.

I really hope Paul considers giving them a shot at doing his show. I t would be great publicity for these very funny guys.

Heard about this on an old Minisode and it sounds like a dumb idea. The podcast itself, not the idea within it. At least pick an interesting bad movie. Grown Up 2 is just a blatant paycheck movie that no one involved would defend if you got them off the record.

Definitely agree with you. I know it's rather wrong of me, but I can't really enjoy a podcast if it's some random (white dude) jack-off, I need someone with at least a decade of stage experience otherwise it's just going to be monodrone-city.

I don't think it's wrong at all. I need to see some credentials.

Sign in to follow this