🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 151 — Joey Cape’s One Week Records

Nope. The show is loved diehardedly, but there's a fair collective groan vs. music episodes. If all were as good as this one though....

My point stands. You and some others might not like the musical episodes, but a lot of people do like them and regularly post that they like them. That's why your original statement is flawed. You used the phrase "Music episodes asks a lot of the listener and never what people want honestly". That's a very general statement - and empirically not true based on posts in this forum and in this very thread.

• Like 4

I can safely tell you, the new Affirmation Nation is top shelf shit

It feels just like stealing, that this is all for free.

• Like 1

The music episodes have never bothered me. It's not like they're that much different structurally. There are still 4-5 talented improvisers in the studio doing great stuff. If you don't like the music, fast forward through the songs.... I happen to like the music and really appreciate that Besser is trying to do something new and creative. This is one of the most innovative shows on Earwolf or anywhere else.

Lil' Matty B, can you get Ted Leo for one of these?

• Like 1

Lil' Matty B, can you get Ted Leo for one of these?

That would be awesome. I was hoping he and Aimee Mann would be on CBB when their album came out earlier this year.

• Like 1

The reason why music episodes aren't beloved -- they take time away from pure improv. Improv fans just want more improv -- the music distracts from that without adding to it. This show is only once a week, and the only chance some of us get to enjoy improv.

The reason why music episodes aren't beloved -- they take time away from pure improv. Improv fans just want more improv -- the music distracts from that without adding to it. This show is only once a week, and the only chance some of us get to enjoy improv.

Yeah, again, this is not an objective truth. The same could be said for Case Closed, Crap on YouTube, etc.

• Like 1

The musical guest episodes are the best things going right now in the world of podcasting.

Even if someone dislikes the artist, it is fun to see what the improvisors take away from the songs.

I usually love the musical guests, but that acoustic-electric DI tone combined with the tired style of strumming brings back too many nightmares from my twenties sitting through open mic nights to support my friends.

Yeah, again, this is not an objective truth. The same could be said for Case Closed, Crap on YouTube, etc.

Are Case Closed(?) and Crap on Youtube your subjective favorite parts of the show?

I'm not sure what you're getting at, but I guess I don't really think about 'favorite parts'. I mean, yes, for what it's worth, I think the YouTube clips are almost always funny, and almost always lead to good scenes. My point was that those segments (and music) are all similar in that they set up the improv; strictly speaking, you could say they take time away from the improv (as if Matt is constantly looking at a clock during the episodes in order to finish under a limit), but I (and others, based on every time this is brought up) think they add to it in a meaningful way.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this