🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
HipsterNonsense

CBB In Your Life

Im also prone to singing wreaking ball in bob duccas voice when Im in the bathroom cause it gives it a nice reverb.

You should try getting a live drummer in there with you. Hi, I'm Todd Glass.

Also, the other day at my work, someone mentioned that we need two more of something. My response was "It's not a two-more" which got a laugh.

• Like 2

watching the great british bake off the other day and i turned to my former fiancee and said "i've heard of petits threes, but petits fours?"

it doesn't make sense on a lot of levels.

I did the same thing the other night but I forget what I was talking about . All I know is I cracked myself up but my friends didn't know what was going on.

I'll also say "baby"and "yummy" like Reardon, "bro" like Bro, "that's a good ____" in the Tiny voice and so many more. it is consuming my life.

I've also started bringing UTU2TM into my life as the other night I said "Are you poppin' my stones?" when I was playing Settlers of Catan. Oh and I always say turn off the dark now.

• Like 1

I can't even remember what ep it's from but every time I think of the MASH theme I have to sing the line "Frankenstein is my best friend."

I can't even remember what ep it's from but every time I think of the MASH theme I have to sing the line "Frankenstein is my best friend."

I know on the Jon Hamm ep one of the WYR options was to laugh to the theme of MASH.

For the OP, when I've watched Mulaney's awful show, when they show "Nasim Pedrad" in the opening credits, I havent been able to resist shouting it in the Pardo voice.

I will make references to adding reverb a la Todd Glass on UTU2TM

• Like 1

Let's see, many "iiiiit's beeeen"s and "it's been awhile"s. I like to use "great story if it ends there." My co-workers seem to enjoy it (no one I work with listens). There is no way to explain what you're laughing at without looking like "a real WEIRDO!" I also am known to say "y'all here a crime go?" during a normal conversation. The list goes on. "My Wiiffe" (which is usually followed by "My fridaaay niiight liiights) and my co-workers believe I have issues.

• Like 1

Recently, I was in a conversation where someone brought up Fievel. How do you explain your laughter by giving them the story of Fourval and not look and sound like a lunatic? You don't.

• Like 2

Is anyone else in a situation where they don't know anyone who listens to CBB or UTU2TM?? I had a friend that I introduced into the world of CBB but he moved away so now I have no one to reference jam with.

yup. my girlfriend will listen to certain episodes if guests she likes are involved (CAKE BOSS!, Fourvel, Jessica and Lennon) or if I find something she might think is funny (Russ the CEO of Ross, Casey Wilson and June Diane talking about peeing) but she won't go all in. I guess it's better than nothing! I have another friend who used to listen to the show but stopped a couple of years ago. I think I got him to start listening to UTU2TM as we had a nice Poppin' My Stones exchange the other day. Sadly that's about it. I'm stuck making references nobody but myself finds funny. Actually I have found when I use "it's been" (stain'd and barenaked ladies forms) or "my wiiife" even my non-earwolf friends laugh.

yup. my girlfriend will listen to certain episodes if guests she likes are involved (CAKE BOSS!, Fourvel, Jessica and Lennon) or if I find something she might think is funny (Russ the CEO of Ross, Casey Wilson and June Diane talking about peeing) but she won't go all in. I guess it's better than nothing! I have another friend who used to listen to the show but stopped a couple of years ago. I think I got him to start listening to UTU2TM as we had a nice Poppin' My Stones exchange the other day. Sadly that's about it. I'm stuck making references nobody but myself finds funny. Actually I have found when I use "it's been" (stain'd and barenaked ladies forms) or "my wiiife" even my non-earwolf friends laugh.

Similar story here. I got my ex to maybe listen to one episode of CBB and one HDTGM. Wasn't her thing. New girlfriend watches the CBB tv show with me on occasion, but I don't think she enjoys it as much as I do (though I think it's more accessible than the podcast for a first timer). Haven't had her listen to a podcast yet. My sister is into Phish so she enjoys Analyze Phish, but I don't really have anyone else in my life that listens to this stuff, which is too bad. I probably know people that enjoy individual comedians, but the podcast / improv stuff might not be there cup of tea. :/ Boo hoo.

Recently, I was in a conversation where someone brought up Fievel. How do you explain your laughter by giving them the story of Fourval and not look and sound like a lunatic? You don't.

For a second after reading this^ I honestly couldn't remember which name was the real one and which one was the charac.

Also at a live taping of Doug Loves Movies this weekend Doug used the words "It's been a while" and I couldn't help but repeat it outloud, Staind style.

• Like 4

It is truly crazy how often the phrase "it's been a while" is used in everyday conversation, and how it went unnoticed until we all collectively caught Aukermania.

• Like 7

If I'm listening to an older podcast or one where Scott isn't in full blown CBB/UTU2TM persona and someone says "It's been a while" or something that sounds even kind of like it and no one reacts with Staind, the tension becomes so unbearable I find myself having to say it out loud.

Brain's totes infected.

• Like 2

It's bad. It's really really bad. Complete Pavlovian response. Not even thinking about it at this point. It's been a while?

It's been a while

this weekend was terrible. my friend kept saying it's been AND it's been a while and i had to say it every single time. -_-

Sign in to follow this