🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 315 — Sandwich Therapy

Ken Marino & Casey Wilson of NBC’s Marry Me sing their hearts out on this week’s Comedy Bean Bag! After giving us an oral history of their new show Marry Me, Ken & Casey collabo once more as they create a brand new going to commercial theme song. Then, Dr. Jerry Pensacola stops by to explain what steps you must take to get your blood singing. Plus, everyone breaks the mold during a game of Riddle Me This!

That episode made my blood sing. Or maybe I just need to go to the bathroom...

I am, however, concerned 'Riddle Me This' may have been irrevocably broken.

• Like 1

I am, however, concerned 'Riddle Me This' may have been irrevocably broken.

Scott needs to figure out how to start a game so that the guests immediately get how it's played! It's too hard to stitch together a pun about giraffes, businessmen, and Valentine's Day. Three things is too many. Something simper like "What did the giraffe give to his girlfriend on Valentine's Day?" or "What did the giraffe say to the businessman?" would have a chance of prompting a guest to think of a funny pun. Ken Marino's question would have been a good opener, but the game was already broken at that point.

I think he also needs to say that the answer should be a pun. No one seems to get that. He explains the game by saying that they're looking for the "best answer," but no one knows what that means.

Joe Wengert is really good at coming up with a funny conceit for a character and then forcing Scott and the other guests to figure out what it is. This guy being a food addict and the duck guy being a duck were slow reveals. They're like little mysteries for the guests to solve.

• Like 3

"I like the Avengers, but I've never heard of The Incredible Hulk."

"Did you see the Avengers movie?"

"Yeah, my favorite movie."

"He's in it."

"I don't think so."

"He's the large green monster."

The delivery of that last line killed me. Delightful episode, but I am a bit shaken by the sudden revelation that "Bat Dance" is no longer Scott's favorite song.

• Like 3

Each time I listen to a song in the car with my kids that I like I say, "That's a good song!' in Tiny's voice. My children hate it and me.

• Like 23

After a long, hot shower the bat squints at the mirror, says "squeak, squeak," then rubs the steamy mirror clean with a washcloth, says "squeak, squeak" again, then he smiles and says "hello, handsome!"

• Like 1

"Dogs have pedigrees, and so do TV shows. Those are the two things with pedigrees."

Professional wrestler Triple H also has pedigrees.

• Like 1

"I've heard of 'I Threw a Brick Through a Window' by U2, but... your window?"

Scott's ability to seamlessly shoehorn a U2 reference into conversation is flawless.

• Like 5

mow down on some pieces of bread Dr. Pensacola

• Like 8

I love episodes that don't necessarily escalate into absurdity but still maintain their hilarity throughout. Wengert's devotion to his simple premise, couched in new-agey spiritual nonsense, worked perfectly. I can't wait to check out the oral history of this episode on Netflix!

mow down on some pieces of bread Dr. Pensacola

Joe Wengert : eating bread :: Andy Daly : committing suicide

Casey was great in Gone Girl. I wish they would have discussed that a little more, but it seems like it might have been recorded before Scott had seen it.

Does anyone else find it funny that the most common way we find out that there will be a b-b-b-bonus-s-s-s ep is that Scott says the plugs theme artist will be famous for less than one week?

• Like 7

"When I was waiting I got a full pizza and I spun it on my finger like a basketball and I took bites as it was spinning around." Jesus was that funny! I literally choked on my drink.

• Like 7