🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Ofcoursemyhorse

Life as A House

This movie is right in this podcasts wheelhouse. A drama that fails on all levels and everyone is a fucking lunatic. Including teenage Vader, who nearly becomes a prostitute for some weed.

I remember this as he was shooting this and Episode 2 at the same time. I thought Kevin Kline was good in it but seeing Christensen in it should have been a clue as to what the next two Star Wars were going to be. From the douchey faux-goth son whoring himself out for some reason to the mom of the girl he likes having sex with her daughter's boyfriend with no reason or warning and I mean that literally, there was never a hint of the mom wanting the boyfriend sexually until there is literally a smash cut to them in bed boning. Then there is the weird moment where the son's stepbrother calls him a fag in front of the stepdad and their mom, she's gets pissed and the kid says he heard it from his dad to which he just shrugs and admits it, and the mom doesn't get pissed at all meaning she kinda agrees with the sentiment.

Kevin Kline does a great job with what he has to work with and his character is somewhat sane despite his whole illness hiding thing.

Hayden is a fucking loon in this movie. He lives in a mansion and with parents who care about him. Cut to him huffing and trying to hang himself in his closet.

All the drama in this movie is always inexplicable and out of nowhere. The ending is pretty goddamn nuts too.

I didn't understand the ending for the longest time as the voiceover work that Kline did was considerably overpowered by the background music, so I couldn't hear what he was saying. Thanks wikipedia for clearing it up for me.

Just rewatched this movie in the morning to see if it was as crazy as I remembered, and it did not disappoint.

Theres so much crazy shit in this movie. So just Anakins plot alone is worthy of an entire podcasts discussion. His introduction in this movie is waking up from sleep and within ten seconds he is huffing and asphyxiating himself in his closet. The mom says nothing about it even after walking in with her two younger sons.

Cut to him at high school. The girl hes interested in is apparently dating a pimp who wants to add Anakin to his stable of he-bitches. And she seems to be totally fine with all of this.

I really cant even begin to explain all the goddamn insanity but this movie would be perfect for the podcast.

I generally find Kevin Kline to be smug, he delivers his lines as if he's very very pleased with how he's doing it. However in this he looks like he actually avoids that pitfall.

All that said, they really should have just kept the goth makeup on Anakin. It would have made Ep. 2 make so much more sense.

Also, it's funny when you go to a film's IMDB page and see a specific actor recurring under the "People who liked this also liked..." In this case it's Hayden Christensen, meaning there are die hard Hayden Christensen fans out there in the world.

Hayden Christensen actually got good reviews for his role in this movie, as he ended up earning Best Supporting Actor nominations from both the Golden Globes and the Screen Actors Guild. He was almost this close to getting an Oscar nod! Then after this film we saw him as Anakin, and the public quickly turned their backs against him.

Hayden Christensen actually got good reviews for his role in this movie, as he ended up earning Best Supporting Actor nominations from both the Golden Globes and the Screen Actors Guild. He was almost this close to getting an Oscar nod! Then after this film we saw him as Anakin, and the public quickly turned their backs against him.

It's amazing he got accolades for this role. He's such an insufferable shit for the majority of the movie. And that he "wins" the movie by threatening the neighbor as the dude who was blowing him is fucking bananas.

• Like 1

This movie seems like it is attempting to ride on the coat tails of American Beauty; a father in crisis, an angsty child, a couple of quirky unusual characters, etc.

Sign in to follow this