🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
jarrycanada

At First Sight (1999)

I forgot how horribly schmaltzy 90s romance flicks were as they were basically the last vestige for actors on the outs of their top level careers, like Christian Slater in Bed of Roses or the rom-coms Clooney did after Batman & Robin. God damn you jarrycanada for making me remember this hunk of shit.

When it comes to Val Kilmer there is only one movie you quickly think about or remember him for.

and that movie is.

Thunderheart

I don't know, for me it's a combo of Top Gun, Real Genius, and Batman Forever. After that it's all basically dreck.

• Like 2

You don't think of him for Oliver stones The Doors?

I never cared for any of the batman movies so it's all a write off for me.

I always thought The Doors were an overrated band so the movie wasn't my kind of flick, though I will admit he was a good double for Jim Morrison.

This is also the last notable film Mira Sorvino did after winning the Oscar for Mighty Aphrodite, alas we haven't heard from her since either!

Also i'm happy that Matthew Mcconaughey was able to rebound from god awful rom-com's and into the more interesting roles hes been landing the last few years.

• Like 2

This is also the last notable film Mira Sorvino did after winning the Oscar for Mighty Aphrodite, alas we haven't heard from her since either!

I would say the last notable film she was in came right after this one, Summer of Sam. It got a lot of press for the subject matter and being a Spike Lee film and if I remember right she did get a lot of praise for her role alongside John Leguizam.

• Like 2

Ha! I remember when "Bed of Roses" came out, the local paper's review said something like 'Christian Slater and Mary Stuart Masterson had the chemistry of a hungry lion and a wounded gazelle.' Hilarious!

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this