🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
paulscheer

2nd ANNUAL HOWDIES - COMING SOON & WE NEED HELP

Best Mini Ep Correction & Omission

The windshield repair options available in Massachusetts from the Covenant wrap up mini-sode.

• Like 2

For host one liner, when Paul says he thought it was unrealistic that the dinosaur would keep his shoes in a drawer, from "Theodore Rex."

• Like 1

Weirdest Thing Jason is Turned on By

Ep. 100 Junior (conversation starts at approx. 57:13)

In response to June's question of whether or not Jason and Paul ever fantasize about being pregnant.

"I'm thinking of it all the time--when I'm jerking off..."

• Like 1

Best Moment of Realization (Think Rudy from Reindeer Games moment)b]

When Paul has to "reboot" after Jason points out "Shaft" is a dick joke in "Steel."

• Like 3

Best Recreation (When a Host/Guest acts out a scene)

Ep 119 Maximum Overdrive "WE MADE YOU!"

Best Tangent

Hackers ep 124 Junes problem with technology (BB8 whats its mission)

Best Guest Laugh

ep99 Matt Mira

Best Moment of Realization (Think Rudy from Reindeer Games moment),

ep129 Paul realizing The Apple is a metaphor for Adam & Eve

Best Thing that June is truly Upset by

Ep 108 Nic Cages prison sentence in Con Air

Best Guest One Liner

Ep 134 Pete Holms "I just bought car insurance that was so Progressive"

• Like 1

If anyone is interested in helping do some research for the HOWDIES, email us at howdidthisgetmade@earwolf.com, we appreciate any and all help!

Someone should do "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes (Knees and Toes)" supercut, but with the various utterances of Buns, Balls, Dick, Tits and any other body part that has been mentioned.

If anyone is interested in helping do some research for the HOWDIES, email us at howdidthisgetmade@earwolf.com, we appreciate any and all help!

What would the research entail?

Best Second Opinion

Ep. 102 Tango & Cash 1:05:31

"A good movie. There's some real good nudity in this movie--especially the topless woman in the car. Women in this movie have nice boobies."

Best New Movie Pitch based on a Movie that we watch (This Movie Should have been, a Sequel pitch or Alt movie)

Gooby: Gooby revealed as magical externalization of three generations of child abuse

Best Thing that June is truly Upset by

Gooby: the fact that he is an animal who wears a scarf but no other article of clothing

• Like 1

This one is a bit of a Dark Horse, but I feel like it is worthy for consideration

Best New Word Created on the Podcast Ep. 105 Save Haven (37:58)

Jason--"It's a scabber? Just a quick scabber?"

scabber-- a moderate to severe stab wound from a knife or other sharp implement that quickly scabs over and conceals all evidence or outward signs of injury

• Like 1

I would like to nominate myself for Best C&O for my triumvirate in the Death Spa episode. If it has to be just one though, then I'll go with finding all the connections to other HDTGM movies.

• Like 2

Two nominees for Best Tangent

Ep. 107 Lake Placid

(5:16) Paul and PFT discuss the tech troubles they had trying to watch the movies--culminating with Jason introducing "Tech Talk with Paul, Paul, and Jason."

(36:07) Discussion on the proper way to say "Reece's Pieces."

Best Audience Correction & Omission

Ep. 106 Deep Blue Sea

(Starts at 1:02:40) from Audience Member, Sammy

"So, we acknowledge that Michael Rapaport went to college at Cal Tech for for four years, and he is also the same one when asked how big the fences were, he said 'Eight feet--give or take one centimeter..."

(I recognize this one is maybe not as sexy as some of the other nominees, but during this listen through, it is honestly the first one to really make me laugh.)

Best Second Opinion

Ep. 106 Deep Blue Sea

(1:15:15) From S Ranch Sixty

"This is the best shark movie ever! Jaws is weak, children's G-rated material compared to this vicious, raw, brutal, blood-soaked movie. These sharks are killers! Dude! Great movie! The best way to watch this movie is on a big, Sony Wega TV when it's dark out. Yowza! Bite me!"

• Like 4

best correction and omission

in the quest thead:

At the end of the movie we see that it was being read to us Princess Bride style. However, the film makers didn't take the time to write a half page of story. Pausing the movie on the open book reveals that it is an advertisement for luxury yachts. WTF

and

Really? XD That's hilarous!

You're right. I pulled a shot: Unbenannt.jpg

• Like 1

9/11 supercut, here we go!

I've been meaning to put this together for months, and now I have the perfect reason to just do it.

Woo! Never forget!

• Like 1

I have an idea for a Howdie category (not really an award but just something to talk about). It's the list of traits of a bad movie, which Paul is always referencing.

MOVIE CAN'T MAKE 90 MINUTES

- The Avengers

- Lake Placid

ROLLER SKATING

-- Xanadu

-- Solarbabies

-- Can't Stop the Music

UNNECESSARY REMAKES/SEQUELS

-- Masters of the Universe

-- The Avengers

-- TMNT2

-- LOL

-- Staying Alive

-- Star Wars Holiday Special

-- Steel

SHARKS

-- Sharknado 2 & 3

-- Deep Blue Sea

ANIMALS WITH JOBS

-- Monkeyshines

-- Top Dog

-- Theodore Rex

MACHINES COME TO LIFE

-- Lifeforce

-- Maximum Overdrive

-- Runaway

CANNON PICTURES

-- All Cannon Pictures

SURPRISE ROBOTS

-- Theodore Rex

-- The Avengers

-- Toys

(Corollary: Characters that are supposed to be robots but are not. --Steel)

What else?

• Like 2

Maybe a more specific subset of "Grossest Sex Talk," but I'd like to hear a rundown on "Paul's Weirdest Sex Ideas." Off the top of my head, there's "All goddesses are sluts" from Hercules in New York, and the "Sex robot assumptions" from The Avengers, but there's got to be more than those two...

Can you guys do a Second Opinions of the podcast itself?

Like, take one star reviews of the podcast from iTunes and read them out.

• Like 3

i was going to save this till closer to the date of the howdies but the euros started last night so i might be abit distracted over the next few week.

so here it goes ... some of you might remember i made a site with a "beat the intro" type quiz based on pauls intros to every episode and also i made a little hdtgm based memory game. well in honor of the 2nd howdies i put both of them onto the one site and added another couple of things:

i know jason loves jigsaws so i made a really basic, and i mean basic, jigsaw puzzle site where you have to reassemble the posters from the movies covered by paul, june and jason.

and i put together a howdies 2 wordsearch (you'll have to print this out or else destroy your screen .. it's up to you)

so if you're interested click on the banner ... enjoy

24oaxzm.jpg

oh .. and if you find any issues or have some suggestions let me know ... i'll probably ignore them but if ireland get knocked out early i might have some free time on my hands in about 2 weeks. btw ... i only looked at this on a laptop so i have no idea how it will look on a tablet/phone or how the functionality is effected on same.

• Like 1

Here are some of the PRELIM CATEGORIES -- To get the get the nominee talk started

Best Recreation (When a Host/Guest acts out a scene)

-Jason imagines the "We're $13 million over budget" conversation (Xanadu)

Best Celeb Impression by a Guest

-Adam Pally as Michelangelo (TMNT 2: Secret of the Ooze)

-Pete Holmes Reprises Al Pacino (Can't Stop the Music)

Best Tangent

- Snacks and gum tangent (Hackers)

- Useful vs. Not useful sex organs (Can't stop the music)

-Animal actor rights (Monkey Shines)

Best Guest Laugh

Pete Holmes

Best New Word created on the Podcast

-Face Waterfall (Face/Off)

Best Thing that June is truly Upset June

-How that baby is going to get out of Arnold Schwarzenegger's body (Junior)

Best Guest One Liner

- I feel like something Cameron Esposito said in the sex organs talk was great, but I can't remember it. Maybe it was more than one thing?

Best Abuse of someone in the Crowd

- Moshe Kasher yelling at that guy for being sexist (Hell Comes to Frogtown)

Maybe a more specific subset of "Grossest Sex Talk," but I'd like to hear a rundown on "Paul's Weirdest Sex Ideas." Off the top of my head, there's "All goddesses are sluts" from Hercules in New York, and the "Sex robot assumptions" from The Avengers, but there's got to be more than those two...

I like this idea. How about Paul saying he just wants to see Rick Moranis cuckolded in Episode # 128: Streets of Fire?

Adding to my previous nominations:

Best thing June is upset by:

The woman who is maybe supposed to be the honeypot in Face/Off but is wear SO many clothing items.

Best "this movie should be" or "this movie is like":

From Jupiter Ascending:

"I wish this movie was just the wachowskis pitching me their story." - Paul