๐Ÿ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ร—
Ofcoursemyhorse

Very Bad Things (1998)

Billed as a black comedy, but really its just incredibly mean-spirited and full of generally unlikable people.

ย 

• Like 1

Saw it recently for the first time... They should change the title to "Very Bad People"

It's kinda shocking looking back at this with the cast that it had and the initial setup, and how it just doesn't work for the most part. It comes off as a challenge to create the bleakest story and ending of all time, and it does a good job at that though the movie didn't end with "womp womp wwwooompp."

Yea its really fucking strange. Its got a solid cast of actors I generally like, and across the board Peter Berg managed to make everyone of them just fucking awful. Even Cameron Diaz is unbearable to the nth degree.

Even Cameron Diaz is unbearable to the nth degree.

Is there a film wherein Cameron Diaz is bearable? There's no debating that she's an attractive woman, but I think her acting is awful and can't name one role I've found her involvement as positive.

I saw this back-to-back with Tomcats (2001) at a friend's house, and felt both physically ill and stupider days afterwards. Needless to say, I'm no longer friends with that dude.

ย 

I seriously wouldn't wish this ugly, hateful and douche bag-filled movie on my worst enemy, much less a cast of comedians I admire.

• Like 2

Is there a film wherein Cameron Diaz is bearable? There's no debating that she's an attractive woman, but I think her acting is awful and can't name one role I've found her involvement as positive.

I was all ready to list a bunch of her roles, but then thinking back I really found myself hardpressed to name one. She was fun in Charlies Angel's and The Sweetest Thing last I remember.

The closest that I came to was Bad Teacher because I think that might be what she's like in real life, sort of how you can imagine Billy Bob Thornton is like his character in Bad Santa in real life.

The closest that I came to was Bad Teacher because I think that might be what she's like in real life, sort of how you can imagine Billy Bob Thornton is like his character in Bad Santa in real life.

Interesting. I haven't seen the movie, so I can't picture it. When I was thinking about films she's been in, her Vanilla Sky character was the first one that stood out as what might be her real-life persona.

I think Cameron Diaz is great in "Being John Malkovich" ( IMHO her best acting to date ) and "There's Something About Mary" "The Mask" and "Bad Teacher" are 3 good comedies that she was good in

• Like 1

I forgot Theres Something About Mary and Being John Malkovich, I thought she was good in Gangs of New York as well.

• Like 1

I forgot Theres Something About Mary and Being John Malkovich, I thought she was good in Gangs of New York as well.

I thought she was horribly miscast in Gangs, as they did literally NOTHING to make her look like she belonged in that period outside of making her hair slightly red. At least Leo and Daniel Day-Lewis were dirtied up and looked like they fit in the dirt of the five boroughs, but Diaz was ivory clean and had perfect teeth to go along with her horrible accent.

• Like 1

Her accent was terrible but I dont think she was entirely alone on the questionable accents in the movie, I'd also argue any innaccuracy in her wardrobe would more than likely be on the fault of the producers and studio who i'm sure werent too keen on having their leading lady with missing teeth and skin problems.

ย 

Because to be fair, even Leo Di Caprio's character is a pretty clean shaven dude throughout the movie considering he was raised in an orphanage and dirt poor his entire life.