🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
martin van nostren

Year One

Hey guys, how bout "Year One". How can so many funny people make such an unfunny movie? And that lady (can't remember here name) was so very pukable. Thanks for the show!

This is the movie that killed Harold Ramis's directing career, as Year One would turn out to be the last film he helmed before his death last year.

But June and Paul are in it. And some friends of theirs. It seems unlikely at best.

Who cares, a bad movie is a bad movie. If theyre going to critically discuss other peoples movies, they can like June would say "Be a man" and turn the criticisms toward their own terrible movies every once in a while.

And to be fair they have a couple times, The Love Guru had Rob Huebel, Jack Frost had PFT and a bunch of Mr. Show people in it albeit in tiny fucking roles.

2zh4bnl.jpg

I sort of agree with you, Ofcoursemyhorse. but no one listen's to me.

You can be sure that someone will come up with a conspiracy theory about how they can't do this movie as a show because they don't want to step on others comedies toes.

This has always been my dream episode, but I don't hold my breath for it. And I can totally understand why they might not be comfortable doing it. Plus, it could be tricky now that Harold Ramis has passed away.

But I can dream...

• Like 1

I watched it with my girlfriend when we were hungover in a hotel and we hadn't been able to find anything remotely watchworthy for like 3 hours, so I actually have only fond things to say about it. It really helped me out for 2 hours there

Hey I watched this last night and enjoyed it, some what. I would give it, 3 out of 5 stars. because of jack black who can and does at times get super annoying.

June Diane Raphael is amazing in this and Paul's little cameo stole the movie for me. Too bad Jason Mantzoukas wasn't in it, I didn't see him in there anyway. It was funny watching June kissing jack at the end of the movie, I feel so sorry for her. You could tell she was not into that. it was like watching her kiss a camels back. I guess this is as close as we can get to a HDTGM staring in production so far. Good stuff if you haven't seen it yet, do it!!!

Not sure if it would make a great podcast but it was a entertaining movie.

My two cents on the subject.

The biggest bummer about them not doing their own movies are the on-set stories they could share. This movies biggest problem is that its a buddy comedy and Michael Cera and Jack Black have next to no chemistry. Which is a shame because June was great in it.

Lets be fair though, at least this movie isnt Your Highness.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this