🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
DaltonMaltz

Episode 249 - Guy Branum, Our Close Friend

Sean and Hayes do a show with GUY BRANUM, author of his book “My Life as a Goddess,” to help Chef Kevin with something.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I hope they ask him about the Mimby Project. I'm a sucker for the classics.

I'm also just proving that when I can't place a guest immediately I always Google them and/or check their IMDB. I have and always will, and that's the Henry guarantee.

• Like 5

Hey congrats on the big shout out to our own CMB at the top of the show!

• Like 10

I appreciate both your tone and specific consolations.  

Dalton, my hunky mansplaining friend, ewehh ewehh, that was a fine ass description.  You go boy 

• Like 6

This is a good one. I especially liked the funny parts

• Like 12

Mr Branum has a really endearing laugh so when he's around dem boys? You better believe you're in for some endearment, pal. That's what the flim-flam men and women of finance call a, "Take to the bank. It? By you? Yes".

• Like 10

Next week's episode 250 seems like a milestone number. 

Next week's Brett Gelman seems like a milestone guest.

• Like 11

hayes and sean should "break the seal" on the new forums update and do a popcorn gallery (much like those buckets of popcorn that had the butter sealed in and you'd break it with a fork and then the butter would drip down on the popcorn)

• Like 12

I haven't seen this much talk about "breaking the seal" since his divorce from Heidi Klum. 

Just wanted to say I haven't listened to the episode yet, but that's because I am saving it for later. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

one of the first instances of "The Podcast Sound," Treese's use of the 4/4 time signature in this podcast segment theme set a precedent that every segment theme song would seek to replicate, often with disastrous results. Some historians would argue that "The Podcast Sound" never actually existed, as Treese would go on to more traditional podcast duties with famous guest spots as "before everyone knew he was wack" Elon Musk on Podcasts Are Wonderful, and others, before finally stepping into the co-host's chair, playing himself in The Official the Orville Podcast's "Numbers Guy" Tim Treese.

With the updated software to the Earwolf forums, rumors abounded that the Popcorn Gallery Theme Song would finally be getting its due in the annals of recording history, but as any true fan of the genre knows, history can only crystallize looking back on the hits with the benefit of time. For now, we can just push play on the new forums and listen and enjoy, to the humble strums on his soon-to-become Signature Edition Squier "Treesocaster," as his voice dances in and out of the gallery, performing an essential task, explaining the inscrutable Popcorn with something that is all too absent from these days of Premium episodes and subscriber only reward q&a's: passion, spontaneity, creativity.

If you liked this post, I'd love to do more like it. These podcast history posts are very important for me to do and Im hoping to build some trust with you, the reader. Please emoji react and tell just one other person about my posts that you think might like them. Until next time... ?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 6

Absolutely livid b/c of Kevin's story about his neighbor muscling him for his parking spot, getting on my bicycle right now to go give em a piece of my mind.

• Like 8

OK I listened. When they said the guest was going to be Guy, they weren't kidding! Boy, is he ever! 

• Like 9

the new forum makes me want to do more posts

• Like 11

Kevin’s mom reads these forums, so keep it clean friends.  

• Like 10

dont be shy kevins mom, make an account and post with us 

(nobody do this as a bit, real mom only please)

• Like 12

Oh, hellllooo! I just wanted everyone to know that just because my typing voice sounds like Mrs. Doubtfire, I swear I'm not doing a mom bit. And if you haven't been reading my posts in the correct voice please make the proper adjustments. Thanks! ❤️

• Like 7

just want to say how truly grateful I am for H&S showing me love on the Chef Kevin AMA Pro Version and on this week's HH. for the past few years both my parents have had Alzheimer's disease, a form of dementia. my Mom was diagnosed in '04, my Dad in '15. during these years HH and this forum have provided a much needed escape from all the hellish bullshit of reality. making the pictures especially, getting lost in pixels for hours has been a valuable coping strategy throughout

my Mom passed away in April. I played ukulele and sang at her funeral. so to have the boys be so nice on top of doing their great funny shows makes me feel that despite life's gloomy dark thunderclouds dropping constant pain and sorrow, sometimes a warm ray of light might shine through, offering a little hope and healing

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

Love you/In love with you, CMB

• Like 5

You make this forum, and this crazy fucked up world in general, a better place CMB!  But who am I kidding?  All I care about is this forum.

• Like 6

You can always depend on the kindness of strangers, HH, the forums, and all the lovable ragamuffins here. Just as we can depend on you for some good, funny, high quality posts! Sorry to hear that things have been tough, but it is nice to know that you've had a good, healthy, and positive way to help power through. Dude, you are legend, CMB

Love and In Love,

Henry

• Like 7

word on the street is that kevin's mom, in her newly found 'love for travel', has been racking up the frequent flyer miles with monthly trips down under.  

is beefACE kevin's real dad?

• Like 5

You are the best this world has to offer, CMB, and you always have been. Thank you for brightening our days (and The Boys').

• Like 5