🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Minisode 28.5. Post your shirt designs here!

This week we have the first of our new, longer minisodes! You'll hear next week's movie announcement as well as some movie facts, information about t-shirts, news about our upcoming live show on February 7th at Largo and a Q&A straight from Facebook. What do you think of these new longer minisodes? Let us know on Facebook and you might hear yourself on the next one!

• Like 1

Liked the longer minisode.

I think the people involved with Bucky Larson know you didn't like it.

I love the idea of these minisodes! Looking forward to hearing more about the movies and more viewer mail.

This next film must have really flown under the radar. I didn't even know Nicolas Cage did movies anymore where his head wasn't on fire.

Since it came up in this minisode, I'd like to concur that I'd love to hear the HDTGM crew discuss Indiana Jones 4. That movie was one of the most disappointing midnight screenings I've ever attended. There were many sad kids sporting hats and whips that night. I think they felt personally betrayed. Who would have thought you could make Temple of Doom seem decent?

• Like 1

I just watched the trailer for Birdemic and holy shit. Is it just me or was this movie definatley trying replicate the acting style of "The Room". There is no way in 2010 that you could purposely make a movie this bad with z list acting.

I'm 10 minutes into Birdemic. What the fuck?

39 minutes in and still no killer birds. I gotta turn this off. Sooo boring, sooo painful. I do look forward to hearing what the gang has to say about this movie, though. Well, I'll at least fast forward to see some birds.

• Like 1

I watched some clips of Birdemic and it pissed me off. I don't think I can sit through a full movie of that crap.

Trespass, though.... wow. I watched it last night, and I wish I did this show with ya'll. I've got some things to say.

Trespass, though.... wow. I watched it last night, and I wish I did this show with ya'll. I've got some things to say.

You can contribute to the episode! Paul said he forgot to mention it in the minisode, but the game for the Trespass episode is to send in your best Nic Cage pleading for his life in under seven seconds. You can send it via Eardrop. Here's Paul's Facebook post: http://www.facebook.com/HDTGM/posts/268206583245505

I'm 10 mins into Birdemic right now. I think this is a movie about driving a car slowly.

Never thought I would find myself longing for the basketball action of Catwoman.

First - LOVE the new mediumsodes.

Second - just watched Trespass. Holy hell. I hope a certain scene with a convertable without an AIRBAG!? comes up.

Lastly - according to the Netflix subtitles, there are three different kinds of music on this soundtrack. [incidental music] [suspenseful music] and [intense music].

First - LOVE the new mediumsodes.

Second - just watched Trespass. Holy hell. I hope a certain scene with a convertable without an AIRBAG!? comes up.

Lastly - according to the Netflix subtitles, there are three different kinds of music on this soundtrack. [incidental music] [suspenseful music] and [intense music].

Tresspass = "NO!! NO!!!! NO!!!!!", followed by a second half that goes as far out of its way as possible to emasculate Nic Cage. Its no wonder he wanted to switch roles midway through, its embarrassing.

It should just be a picture of "Catwoman" using her crossover, complimented with the text "HOW HAVE WE NOT TALKED ABOUT THE ONE-ON-ONE BASKETBALL GAME!?!"

Birdemic

I hated this movie. Hated, hated, hated this movie.

Until half way through.

I thought it was just a b-reel compilation of driving and shopping at the farmer's market. But, oh no, once the birds get Angry, the movie develops into the best worst movie I have ever seen. I think the bad (though that word doesn't do what the acting was like in this movie justice) acting pissed the birds the fuck off so much that the eagles went nuclear. Literally!

I consider myself an environmentalist. I try to bike to work most days of the week, compost waste, save energy, and recycle. This movie was so heavy handed about its environmental bias, it made me want to go up to the tar sands and get whatever we can get out of them so we can use the fucking gasoline on the goddamn cast of this goddamn movie. Also, Rod needs to be fracked.

Okay, enough of this. I'm going to go burn some hefty bags in my backyard.

Birdemic is so unbelievable. Every second is baffling in its awfulness. It has, without a doubt, the worst sound editing to ever see its way into a motion picture. It's like you're sticking your ear in a seashell every time someone talks. There's this constant "WSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH" noise in the background...well, I say constant, but it cuts in and out without notice. Keeps you on your toes, I guess. And the special effects! WHOA, man! Special is either the exact wrong word or the exact right word to describe them. They're essentially just stagnant images of 1) Birds, 2) Orange-ish blobs resembling fire or 3)Smoke? I think that's supposed to be smoke. Now, sometimes the stagnant birds move around the screen, as a real bird might. But they'll probably just sit there in the middle of the screen, with only their wings moving slightly. You've truly seen nothing like this movie before.

It did, however, inspire me to make a t-shirt design. It's just a quick and dirty design I did in my sketchbook while watching the movie but it's a good one, I think. I'll post it soon. Loving the new minisodes, by the way :)