đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
JulyDiaz

Episode 206 - Little Italy

On 2/5/2019 at 6:20 PM, pscudese said:

I hear ya and not trying to be competitive... but marijuana wasn't legalize in Ontario till Oct 2018, before this film was in production.

"Before this film was in production."

That's literally impossible considering it was first released in Lithuania on August 17, 2018, and then in America on September 21, 2018. Both dates before weed was legalized in Canada.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, taylorannephoto said:

it was first released in Lithuania on August 17, 2018

Taking advantage of all those sweet sweet Euros from all the Christensen-heads in Lithuania. Smart.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Cakebug Tranch said:

So Paul and Jason mention that in the outtakes for this movie, Hayden Christensen and Emma Roberts are never seen having fun or goofing around, so that must mean that they didn't get along on set.  However, it seems like they really DID get on, off-set...

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/emma-roberts-blamed-hayden-christensen-rachel-bilsons-breakup

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4964194/Did-Emma-Roberts-come-Christensen-Bilson.html

https://www.mercurynews.com/2017/10/11/blame-emma-roberts-for-rachel-bilsons-split-from-hayden-christensen-reports-say/

Bilson shouldn't have been surprised, she knew he was a jumper when she met him.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cakebug Tranch said:

Taking advantage of all those sweet sweet Euros from all the Christensen-heads in Lithuania. Smart.

I think you mean those wild Aiellophiles! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, theworstbuddhist said:

I really hope that just like My Big Fat Greek Wedding, Little Italy gets a sequel where the two dummies from the first film are now married and running a hugely successful joint restaurant in TO - so successful that they decide to expand to Montreal, perhaps taking over the former Club Super Sex location downtown. The twist: it puts them in the Bon Cop Bad Cop universe. I'm starting to see potential for a shared universe of Canadian films uniting those with Goin' Down the Road, Ginger Snaps, Going The Distance (the Shawn Roberts one, not Drew Barrymore), Goon, One Week, Men With Brooms, Les Boys, etc.

There is only one Canadian film great enough for a crossover: GOOBY!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cakebug Tranch said:

Don't forget the happy bear, monster beaver, stuffed eagle and super subtle T that makes our coat of arms all the crazier...

u6z5ZYE.jpg

At least it's an upgrade on our old coat of arms which featured jolly native Canadian, Mera from Aquaman, attack beaver and surprisingly cocky old slogan...

okM5QUb.jpg

I love the weird beaver in any form it takes on your crest. I fully thought that bear was a drunk dog . It could honestly work either way.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2019 at 7:31 AM, Cakebug Tranch said:

Don't forget the happy bear, monster beaver, stuffed eagle and super subtle T that makes our coat of arms all the crazier...

u6z5ZYE.jpg

At least it's an upgrade on our old coat of arms which featured jolly native Canadian, Mera from Aquaman, attack beaver and surprisingly cocky old slogan...

okM5QUb.jpg

No Wendigo?

On 2/7/2019 at 1:14 PM, taylorannephoto said:

The funniest part to me was that this film has never been released in Italy.

It played in the only Italy that matters.

• Like 2

For a movie trying to be Canadian, why did they use Starbucks and not our beloved Tim Hortons?? Also, surely they could have found a better Canadian actor than Baby Jedi dude with dyed black hair. We are a country full of great actors (many of which are named Ryan). After the truly terrible movie Awake (which should be one of this podcast movie selections as it has to be the worst movie ever made), Baby Jedi should have been banned from acting forever. But, this movie was better than Awake so I didn’t feel the need to throw things at the movie screen. I brought my 11 year old (the movie was NOT rated R in Canada so I have no idea why it was in the US). She really liked it and wanted to go again. Her enthusiasm for the movie was worth it... even though we only went because the movie we wanted to see was sold out.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Canadiangirl said:

For a movie trying to be Canadian, why did they use Starbucks and not our beloved Tim Hortons?? Also, surely they could have found a better Canadian actor than Baby Jedi dude with dyed black hair. We are a country full of great actors (many of which are named Ryan). After the truly terrible movie Awake (which should be one of this podcast movie selections as it has to be the worst movie ever made), Baby Jedi should have been banned from acting forever. But, this movie was better than Awake so I didn’t feel the need to throw things at the movie screen. I brought my 11 year old (the movie was NOT rated R in Canada so I have no idea why it was in the US). She really liked it and wanted to go again. Her enthusiasm for the movie was worth it... even though we only went because the movie we wanted to see was sold out.

"Beloved" is a strong word for Tim Horton's. I suspect the answer to all of your questions lies in the budget of the film, which I'm guessing was about a week's worth of tips at that Starbucks.

Just now, theworstbuddhist said:

"Beloved" is a strong word for Tim Horton's. I suspect the answer to all of your questions lies in the budget of the film, which I'm guessing was about a week's worth of tips at that Starbucks.

Nah they would have to pay a hefty fee in order to use the actual Starbucks name and logo on screen. Tim Horton's would've been far cheaper lol.

17 hours ago, Canadiangirl said:

. I brought my 11 year old (the movie was NOT rated R in Canada so I have no idea why it was in the US). She really liked it and wanted to go again. Her enthusiasm for the movie was worth it... even though we only went because the movie we wanted to see was sold out.

I have a feeling the R rating was because of the weed scene. Even if it was accidentally (?) ingested, I think Americans are just more concerned about drug content. 

55 minutes ago, WatchOutForSnakes said:

I have a feeling the R rating was because of the weed scene. Even if it was accidentally (?) ingested, I think Americans are just more concerned about drug content. 

According to film ratings, it is "Rated R for some sexual references"

I don't recall anything remotely explicit. So, there must have been a particularly prudish MPAA employee watching this one.

• Like 1

I would like to imagine it's about those awful date rape jokes when she wakes up in the guy's bed! That was awful.  But yeah, very prudish indeed. 

• Like 1