🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Best of 2018: Listener’s Picks

4 minutes ago, taylorannephoto said:

I've still not listened to War on Drugs and I really need to remedy that. Also heard that there's a small possibility Hulu will pick it up, since it has a deal with Disney, before they launch their own streaming platform, buuuut I also heard that if Jessica Jones gets to live on it won't ever be with the same cast and crew. To me that defeats the whole purpose because what I love about this show is what these specific people brought to that table. Krysten will forever be my Jessica.

I hadn't heard that about an entirely new cast and crew. The last I heard, they just weren't allowed to touch the characters for two years, and the issue was more about cast and crew availability at that time. Of course, this was in regard to Luke Cage and Daredevil specifically and it was awhile ago now, so I could be wrong. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, taylorannephoto said:

I've still not listened to War on Drugs and I really need to remedy that. Also heard that there's a small possibility Hulu will pick it up, since it has a deal with Disney, before they launch their own streaming platform, buuuut I also heard that if Jessica Jones gets to live on it won't ever be with the same cast and crew. To me that defeats the whole purpose because what I love about this show is what these specific people brought to that table. Krysten will forever be my Jessica.

I'm still blown away how fast the War On Drugs blew up. Like 8 years ago I saw them in a club with like 300 people. Then in 4 years ago, main stage on Coachella.  They are epic though. Lost In The Dream is to me their masterpiece (so far), but all 4 of their albums are pretty great.

Oh yea, if it's going to come back without Ritter I won't care at all. I didn't even know that was a possibility.  

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

I hadn't heard that about the cast and crew. The last I heard, they just weren't allowed to touch the characters for two years, and the issue was more about cast and crew availability. Of course, this was in regard to Luke Cage and Daredevil specifically and it was awhile ago now. 

Yeah I feel like a whole lot of the info is getting all screwed up, cause what I had heard was that Marvel keeps saying that this won't be the last you hear of all four Defenders, but then someone else mentioned that the cast and crews contracts were all with Netflix and not specifically just Marvel so if that leads to the whole two years thing I reeeaaallllyyyy hope that means that they can come back after that time for more and not just be recasted.

EDITED TO ADD: What worried me about Krysten and the gang not coming back for JJ at least is that she said on Instagram that they are doing a legitimate series finale that will properly wrap up everything. So even if they do get to come back I don't think any of them are looking at this like they will.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, taylorannephoto said:

Yeah I feel like a whole lot of the info is getting all screwed up, cause what I had heard was that Marvel keeps saying that this won't be the last you hear of all four Defenders, but then someone else mentioned that the cast and crews contracts were all with Netflix and not specifically just Marvel so if that leads to the whole two years thing I reeeaaallllyyyy hope that means that they can come back after that time for more and not just be recasted.

If Marvel was smart, two years after Endgame, they should basically do The New Avengers and promote The Defenders to the big screen with Captain Marvel leading the team. You don't even have to kill anyone off. Just say whatever the new threat is going to be (Which I'm guessing will be either Kang the Conqueror - if rumors of time travel in Endgame are true - or a full blown Skrull invasion) took out the original team so they need to step up to save the world. The best part is, if it's Kang or Skrulls, it leaves the door open for older characters to come if they want to. And if it's Skrulls, not only do you leave that door open, but you can get away from some of the poor casting or acting decisions. ("Iron Fist was a Skrull! That's why he sucked! Here's the "real" Iron Fist.) 

• Like 1

Just now, Cameron H. said:

And if it's Skrulls, not only do you leave that door open, but you can get away from some of the poor casting or acting decisions. ("Iron Fist was a Skrull! That's why he sucked! Here's the "real" Iron Fist.) 

Believe me, this is what I've been telling myself in terms for the shitty characterization of Hawkeye this whole time lol.

• Like 1