🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
adamwest

Dirty Love (2005)

My friends and I watched this while on DXM and we all thought we had lost gone insane. It rips at my conscious mind, still.

A jilted photographer sets off on a mission to get back at her philandering model boyfriend and along the way discovers that not all love is created equal. – IMDB. This is just the beginning of one of the most amazing comedies of the new millennium. Carmen Electra as the Latina hairdresser/roommate/ best friend…WIN. Jenny Mcarthy’s dating experiences….SOLID GOLD. PLEASE consider this movie!

This movie.... ohhhh this movie...

I rented it from Blockbuster like 6 years ago and I couldn't get enough of it. Wanted to own it, but couldn't find it. So I decided I would just rent it again from blockbuster and never return it. They'd just charge me like the price of the dvd right? Well, I was very wrong and blockbuster transferred my case to legit debt collectors that called multiple times a day... So I own a copy of Dirty Love that I paid $89.23 for.

• Like 2

This movie.... ohhhh this movie...

I rented it from Blockbuster like 6 years ago and I couldn't get enough of it. Wanted to own it, but couldn't find it. So I decided I would just rent it again from blockbuster and never return it. They'd just charge me like the price of the dvd right? Well, I was very wrong and blockbuster transferred my case to legit debt collectors that called multiple times a day... So I own a copy of Dirty Love that I paid $89.23 for.

Oh jeez, if you would have waited another year, you probably could have snatched that up at one of Blockbuster's going out of business sales for like a dollar :( I never understood, how can they charge you so much more than what the actual item cost? Of you COULD find a copy online, they wouldn't just call it even or something?

I have not seen this, but it has been brought up a lot this week since JMcC got the View spot. I have now seen a few clips of it though, including this gem:

And also spawned this Rober Ebert Review: http://www.rogereber...dirty-love-2005 - where he says:

"I would like to say more, but-no, I wouldn't. I would not like to say more. I would like to say less. On the basis of "Dirty Love," I am not certain that anyone involved has ever seen a movie, or knows what one is. I would like to invite poor Jenny McCarthy up here to the Toronto Film Festival, where I am writing this review while wonderful films are playing all over town, and get her a pass, and require her to go to four movies a day until she gets the idea."

It also gets a 4% on Rotten Tomatoes. Yikes

Ah sorry for not seeing the old one. I tried searching the forums but it didn't show up and I went back months to see if I could find it. How do the mods/admins find the old ones so fast? Just an encyclopedic knowledge of the forums or is there a better way to search?

I haven't seen this movie, and honestly I was afraid to because I thought Wiki's characterization of "McCarthy's trademark Toilet Humor" and mention on the barfing on boobs scene would scar me for life.

But I survived Nothing But Trouble, so I can survive this.

Ah sorry for not seeing the old one. I tried searching the forums but it didn't show up and I went back months to see if I could find it. How do the mods/admins find the old ones so fast? Just an encyclopedic knowledge of the forums or is there a better way to search?

The search is very tricky. It doesn't like words with less than 4 characters or more than one word at a time. It also gets stuck and will crash if you search more than once in a minute.

But also... After 18 months being in charge here, I do have encyclopedic knowledge of this forum. Don't sweat it, I don't mind merging the occasional duplicate. But make another Hobo WIth A Shotgun thread and so help me...

• Like 1

I find putting quotes around the title you're searching for helps.

Sign in to follow this