Cameron H.

Shameless Self-Promotion

Listening to the second half of the Magnum pilot episode now and I am here to tell you, unlike the Hawaii 5-0 reboot, the new Magnum is really, really good. I would have liked to see them go with the original plan of having Magnum's daughter Lily be the protagonist, but as a fan of the original I appreciate how they have updated the show and how often they find ways to do fun callbacks to the old one. Since there are far more episodes of MSW than Magnum, my hope is that you will roll on into the new series when you run out of old ones.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, theworstbuddhist said:

Listening to the second half of the Magnum pilot episode now and I am here to tell you, unlike the Hawaii 5-0 reboot, the new Magnum is really, really good. I would have liked to see them go with the original plan of having Magnum's daughter Lily be the protagonist, but as a fan of the original I appreciate how they have updated the show and how often they find ways to do fun callbacks to the old one. Since there are far more episodes of MSW than Magnum, my hope is that you will roll on into the new series when you run out of old ones.

I will say this: we have a Special Edition dropping tomorrow that might leave an opening for this ;) 

Thanks for listening 😃

• Like 2

So my wife has been rewatching MSW since the summer and we are now in season 6. I am way behind on your podcast, I'm sorry if you have already discussed this extensively, but I wonder: does it ever seem to you like every episode of MSW is a backdoor pilot for some other show?

Hey, we appreciate that anyone listens at all. We actually touched on that a bit on (I think) the last Murder, She Wrote ep. The tone of that episode, Broadway Malady, felt really off and we wondered if it was originally written for another show (I guessed maybe Cagny and Lacey) and if maybe they tried to retrofit it to MSW. I have nothing to base that on. It just felt that way.