🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Week 80 Preview (CakeBug Tranch’s Pick)

This is Me! Cakebug! I've missed you all!

Since I've been gone, walking a Tightrope of academia, I've had A Million Dreams about presenting a film which will help the forum Come Alive because, as I know, with this discerning crowd, too much is Never Enough. So let's Rewrite the Stars and realize that From Now On, you'll have a new guilty pleasure musical. Come with me to The Other Side.

Ladies and Gents, This is the Moment You've Waited For...

Hugh Jackman

Whoa-oh-oh-oh!

• Like 6

This was a promo done during the live A Christmas Story to get people interested in the movie.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Cakebug Tranch said:

Since I've been gone, walking a Tightrope of academia, I've had A Million Dreams about presenting a film which will help the forum Come Alive because, as I know, with this discerning crowd, too much is Never Enough. So let's Rewrite the Stars and realize that From Now On, you'll have a new guilty pleasure musical. Come with me to The Other Side.

Hugh Jackman

Whoa-oh-oh-oh!

STOMP STOMP clap

STOMP STOMP clap

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Cakebug Tranch said:

Hugh Jackman

Whoa-oh-oh-oh!

This is a great pick!

• Like 3

YESSSS! The best musical starring one if the universally accepted "nicest guys" in Hollywood... that is about a real-life absolute fucking monster. I look forward to revisiting it.

• Like 3

The one theater by my is doing a special tribute to "sound" at the end of the month for two weeks and one of the films they are showing is this. I promise if I am taken by this film on streaming I'll go see it in theaters at the end of the month.

• Like 3

I posted quickly this morning before I drove down to New York for work, so didn't get much of a chance to introduce this, but glad to hear everyone's pretty positive about it. I know it's a film many of us have already seen, but my second-to-last pick was La La Land, which many of us had seen too, which spurred great conversation.

I first saw this movie on an airplane, not having much of a sense of what it was. I cried like a baby throughout. Then I nudged my seven year old daughter and suggested she watch it. She watched it three times in a row. 

Long story short, we've seen this movie as a family at least seven times now, usually fast forwarding through the crap bits (Jenny Lind, Come Alive) and focusing on the bits we love. It's a hot mess of a movie but they commit SO HARD to what they're making that it sort of works. Anyway, good luck getting the music out of your head!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Cakebug Tranch said:

Anyway, good luck getting the music out of your head!

Already own the soundtrack ;) 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Cakebug Tranch said:

I posted quickly this morning before I drove down to New York for work, so didn't get much of a chance to introduce this, but glad to hear everyone's pretty positive about it. I know it's a film many of us have already seen, but my second-to-last pick was La La Land, which many of us had seen too, which spurred great conversation.

I first saw this movie on an airplane, not having much of a sense of what it was. I cried like a baby throughout. Then I nudged my seven year old daughter and suggested she watch it. She watched it three times in a row. 

Long story short, we've seen this movie as a family at least seven times now, usually fast forwarding through the crap bits (Jenny Lind, Come Alive) and focusing on the bits we love. It's a hot mess of a movie but they commit SO HARD to what they're making that it sort of works. Anyway, good luck getting the music out of your head!

Was your decision making process based on your love of High School Musical "Zac Efron in a musical? Say no more!"?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cakebug Tranch said:

Speaking of New York, a lot of it was filmed at Steiner Studios in Brooklyn.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cam Bert said:

Was your decision making process based on your love of High School Musical "Zac Efron in a musical? Say no more!"?

10,000%.

Also, that was the ideal way of selling it to my daughter. 

"Look who's in it! TROY!"

• Like 2

Also, I kind of feel as though I should dig up the world record holding longest ever thread for this, but given the proximity of Zac Efron, this feels right.

I'm... kind of really excited about this?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Cakebug Tranch said:

Also, I kind of feel as though I should dig up the world record holding longest ever thread for this, but given the proximity of Zac Efron, this feels right.

I'm... kind of really excited about this?

Oof! Disney+ was super glitchy for us today. We were only able to watch about half of Mandalorian. Hopefully it will be better tomorrow so I can dive into all of the goodies ;) 

• Like 1