🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
BrettMorris

submit youtube clips for improv4humans

hey guys, you can dump your youtubes in here and we might use them on the show!

Your video is more likely to be used on the show if...

• It's NOT an act, a fake, or funny-on-purpose.
  • It's NOT a music video.
  • It's NOT an "Everything is Terrible" style edit.
  • It doesn't rely on the visual to understand. It needs to work on an audio podcast.
  • For long videos, you let me know when I should start it to get to the good part. There should be a way to embed the video to start at the time you want.
  • It's not too similar to other videos and subject matter that has been used before.

I know that various creationist non-sense has been covered on the show before, but I just love this video so much. And it would be so ripe for a scene or two:

Peanut Butter, The Atheist's Nightmare!

• Like 2

Things to keep in mind: 1. this video was made in 2010. 2. Hope Floats was released in 1998.

Enjoy

• Like 1

Oh, man. I LOVE the remixed version of the surfer dude. If you search 'surfer dude' on YouTube, it's the one with the big white letters across the thumbnail. Catchy as HELL.

Here's one that I think would be great for a scene. This lady really loves her dog (and vice-versa, I suppose):

• Like 1

Not sure how to embed - this is a woman at a town hall meeting in Nebraska explaining why she thinks LGBTQ people should not be teachers. I'm pretty sure she's actually clinically insane, but one of many gems is that children raised by gay people will start "raping each other hetero" because they've never been told not to.

• Like 1

I think this works audio only as long as you explain that it's a man playing harmonica and cracking whips at the same time, and that it's the most American thing that's ever happened.

Thought this might be helpful to post here, since this is a video posting thread...

Tips for Embedding videos on the Earwolf Forums

- When copying the YouTube link, use the url in the top bar, the one that will include "watch?" somewhere in the link

- Any shortcut versions like the one YouTube provides when you hit "share" will only post as links

- All you have to do is paste the long "watch?" version somewhere in the comment and the video will embed correctly, no need to use any of the fancy link buttons

• Like 5

This guy's a real person. Your business card sucks, and his is awesome.

• Like 5

OH! i should also mention if it's over 2-3 minutes, please let me know when I should start it to get to the good part. there should be a way to embed the video to start at the time you want, actually.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/5gUKZpgVfMo

At :30, Tom offers a strange explanation about both why watermelon should not be eaten with a fork and an even more maddening explanation why we all think we should. This is the bit that made me think of I4H. But the rest of the clip offers alarmingly specific methods for the actual eating of watermelon.

At 5:00 and 7:37, he adds stuff to the watermelon that seems to indicate that, as my wife put it, 'someone is off their meds today.'

Edit: Apparently I am not qualified to operate BBCode.

• Like 2

Posted this in the new episode's page, didn't realize there was a separate thread...

If you still want a video suggestion, you might like the Super Broker Shuffle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVSVDO6QY7k

It's a shitty video submission for some grocery store contest in the 80s. A bunch of southern white people rapping their grocery store version of Super Bowl Shuffle.

It's 4 minutes long, but for playback purposes you could probably cut it off a little over a minute in and get the point. The rapping doesn't start until about 30+ seconds in.

• Like 3

Love the show and listen from the UK!

This a a real customer service call from BT (British Telecommunications) the largest phone provider in the UK

Dont we all want to react like this.......

• Like 3

I found this like years ago and it kills me. I had to send this around when I found it.

Here's a severely fucked up Calvin Klein ad campaign in the early/mid 90s. Around this time they were getting flack for using models as young as 15 in ads... This is a compilation of 8 commercials with 7 different people, basically set up as a creepy child molester talking to young models about their bodies.

The order is 2 guys, 4 girls, 2 guys. The guy ones are the best since it ups the creepiness tenfold.

I'd say the first minute is a good enough spot to stop since you see two commercials.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZVk21Pco-c

• Like 1