🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
wysigr8t

Skype D&D Nerd Poker Group

G+ seems like it would be perfect for RPGing. I'd like to get into an online game, but I'm about to move to Asia and I doubt the time difference will work well--unless I want to game at 3AM!

I would love to play but I don't think I'd be able to keep up such a steady schedule to commit too, and I'm afraid I'd just end up pissing everyone off by playing like Jordan in that Key & Peele sketch

http://vimeo.com/39114507

• Like 7

Haha! Only one guy got pissed off in that sketch. Everyone else was on board. Love that show!

If anyone is interested in a Pathfinder game, I am set up to run those over the interwebs. I would be willing to run an intro game to people wanting to learn the rules or just try it out.

The Nerd Poker gang are running 4E, which is the current version of standard D&D. Pathfinder is a spin off the the previous version (3.5) that was released at about the same time 4E came out. Its closer to 3.5 rules, which means a litte less action / MMO based than 4E is, but still a solid system. I run a regular Sunday game for some friends, but I could set something up for another night or weekend afternoon.

What are you using to run it online, I've been looking into to getting into some online Pathfinder action but I'm yet to do much research. I hear G+ hangouts is a strong way to go but I don't have a cam on my desktop currently(and playing from my tablet sounds awkward at best).

I would love to play but I don't think I'd be able to keep up such a steady schedule to commit too, and I'm afraid I'd just end up pissing everyone off by playing like Jordan in that Key & Peele sketch

Just reminded me of an old roleplaying comedy video which I downloaded in 2004 or something, looking for it just now I found that it's a whole series. Can't vouch for the rest of them but this one amused me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb-sCNfE0bM

edited 4000 times in an attempt to embed the above video

Edited by Winterborn

ive got a ton of tokens and maps ive been building from old retro rpg games, all free since i ripped them from video games

Those interested in Pathfinder may be interested in looking here: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/

It's all the rules for Pathfinder. Online. For free.

Also, it's put up by Paizo, the company that makes Pathfinder. So, it's all legal.

Right now I have a local "in person: group I set helped set up using 4e, which, after a 20 year absence from playing (yeah, I'm going to be 40 this year!), has been just insanely fun. I can say that 4e is really easy to get up and running even if you know nothing about the game mechanics. I grew up on first edition primarily and a little second edition and 4e is way more combat driven and again, simplified. We have a kick ass DM and a unique group including another guy that last played almost 20 years ago as well. House rules, similar to the botch Sark and the crew talk about, can really add so much to a game, too. I'll keep an eye here, right now my company is just insanely busy but if I think I have some extra time I'd love to pick up a game with some of you online. good luck and definitely keep the updates coming!

Be Good, JP

Oh yeah, for 4e, maps are, as a few others noted, a 100% must! I know Sark and crew do without but to stick within some semblance of the rules it really does keep things tighter. Good luck and have fun!

JP

If there's any room left of stragglers looking to form another group, Please please please Add me. I've played D&D for years (ableit several years ago) and would love to get back into it.

If there's any room left of stragglers looking to form another group, Please please please Add me. I've played D&D for years (ableit several years ago) and would love to get back into it.

I've never played D&D but I really want to. I don't know anyone around here who would be interested (all of my friends are non-nerds, unfortunately. It gets lonely) so I'd love to play online.

If anyone wants to start up a skype version of D&D, send me an email. I'd be happy to DM one. Leave your name and best time you can play.

firemedic

@

yahoo.com

strange but i can't post my email address in one line

Hello everyone,

I play D&D over Skype semi-regularly. We still play old-school AD&D, kind of a mix of 1st and 2nd edition. Anyway I am DMing my own campaign with a couple friends and it works great. I have a tripod set up with a web-cam that is over my Megamat, so I draw on the map and show the location of my players, its really cool and works well. They have cameras showing their dice rolls, so its still very much pen and paper D&D.

I would absolutely love to play or DM, in the Skype manner. Please message me if you like.

Also I would totally play Pathfinder, or Hackmaster. I'll learn and play any system, but I really don't like 4th edition. Having never played, I'll give it a try but it appears to be abominable.

bmaxson@gmail.com

Last night we actually skyped in one of our guys that was unable to make it in person. our group ranges from 29 to 42 in age so most of us are pretty busy. It's no substitute for playing in person but all things considered, it worked well and kept us from getting our arses killed in the campaign we're in.

Riff Wizard

Sign in to follow this