🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 1 — Cat Ranch Chaos

Welcome to the first episode of The Pod Cats with Marc Maron’s cats Monkey, Boomer, and LaFonda. In this episode, Maron’s cats find themselves having to adjust to the changes that come with the filming of IFC’s Maron.

I hate to say it, but this looks really, honestly dumb. Why on earth is this a thing?

• Like 1

I hate to say it, but this looks really, honestly dumb. Why on earth is this a thing?

Don't underestimate sean conroys genuis.

• Like 5

This exists, I guess.

I just want to counter the negative posts. I got some good laughs out of this and am curious to check out the Long Shot podcast..

• Like 1

I never believe people on the internet when they say they "hate to say it", do you REALLY hate to say it? Kinda feel like you maybe might like saying it a little bit.

• Like 7

I never believe people on the internet when they say they "hate to say it", do you REALLY hate to say it? Kinda feel like you maybe might like saying it a little bit.

I honestly do, I love Maron, I love WTF, I enjoy the Long Shot podcast, I just can't for the life of me figure out why a podcast were his cats have a conversation would exist...

If you "hate to say it", wouldn't it have been easier to just not say it?

• Like 2

I apologize for everything I said about this, I feel like an absolute idiot. This was great! Pepitone was great, Conroy was awesome. Jeez, it really teaches you not to judge a book by it's cover.

• Like 1

I just can't for the life of me figure out why a podcast were his cats have a conversation would exist...

It might be marketing for that whole television series thing he has going on right now...

• Like 1

why not just listen to the very entertaining 5 minutes you were just given!? Maybe it's just me, but for me the utterly bizarre premise just makes it all the more interesting.

Plus it has Sean Conroy!

• Like 1

IF YOU ARE NOT LISTENING TO THE LONG SHOT THEN WHAT THE FUCK I DON'T EVEN KNOW WHAT TO SAY TO YOU

• Like 9

"Why does this exist?"

Why shouldn't this exist?

Yeah.

• Like 1

That was amusing. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. At risk of alienating KajusX I just can't get in to The Long Shot and this was a good reminder as to why. Sean Conroy is a genius but ... just meh for the ensemble.

That being said I am so happy for Earwolf that they are getting some of this sweet, sweet IFC money to fund their podcasts! The synergy that they've created is so impressive, I really applaud Jeff Ulrich for what he has done on the business side of things. This little podcasts is perfect "product placement" kind of work, fun on its own but clearly designed to move a product. Good stuff.

• Like 1

A lot of people put a lot of effort into this (you know who you are, thank you!) and I sat in on the session and was laughing the whole time. Big fans of WTF will love this.

I'm proud of this work.

• Like 3

@Sean G Obviously I was capitalizing on the internet's license for hyperbole. There is LITERALLY a podcast for everyone. The Long Shot is one of my favs, and it's due to the four distinct voices interacting with each other. Eddie is a freight train, Sean is a painter, instructor & critiquer, Amber Kenny is a ray of bubbles, and Jamie Flam cannot tell a story to save his life, which thankfully works with the other three there to pounce all over his vague details, inane time jumps, and lack of endings or eventfulness. Then of course there are guests!

Saying all that, OF COURSE people are allowed to not like it or check it out. I just don't know what to say to those people other than 'Ok. Do what you want.'

ANYway. This a fun 'pilot' podcast. I imagine that if Eddie, Sean and Amber had to play the roles of Monkey, Boomer and LaFonda for a 5 minute podcast on a weekly basis, this thing would lift off and fly just like Long Shot.

• Like 1

I like to think this was all made without Maron knowing anything about it.

• Like 1

This was cute, I liked it. Especially their criticism of the "union cats." I just have regular old dirtcats but it seems there's always purebreds on TV.