🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 265 — LIVE from RIOT LA

Recorded LIVE from the Downtown Independent Theater as part of the RIOT LA festival, it’s a b-b-b-onus episode of Big Bang Theory Comedy! IT’S BEEN quite a while since high school student Traci Rearden has been on the show as she catches up with Scott about their time at prom. Harris Wittels also stops by with a fresh batch of Foam Corner and a mysterious vigilante hero hailing from Cumberbatch County, Florida simply known as JW Stillwater appears who fills us in on his life as a crime fighter.

(Photos courtesy of Liezl Estipona)

I just want to say that it was a pleasure to listen to the trombone side of the WYR theme (I guess the recording mic was positioned near the left speaker). Kudos for your arrangement chops mr. Sondheim.

"My therapist told me to look inward and I thought he said, 'Look, N Word!'"

orson_wells_Slow-Clap.gif.pagespeed.ce.e2S3muPZhq.gif

I'm not sure how I feel about Foam Corner having actual jokes

Wait, I do. Fucking fantastic

• Like 1

The closing sentiment-off is the greatest thing that has ever happened.

• Like 5

I loved this amazing tete-a-tete:

JW: Y'ever see Girl with the Dragon Tattoo?

TRACI: No.

SCOTT: Sure.

JW: Umm, Daniel Craig, the actor, he like uh, he hooks his glasses into his ear and just lets them hang under his chin like that.

TRACI: Harry Potter?

JW: Yeah, Harry Potter...? Did someone say Harry Potter? Did I say it by accident?

TRACI: 'DANIEL CRAIG-'

JW: 'DANIEL CRAIG?'

SCOTT: She's never seen any movies other than Blue Jasmine. She doesn't know.

TRACI: Is he in that?

JW: No. Not in that.

TRACI: Then I don't know who he is.

SCOTT: Any time anyone mentions a movie she says 'Harry Potter?' hoping that Harry Potter is in that.

TRACY: 'Cuz I read the books so I can keep up like I saw the movie.

JW: Hey, even a broken clock is right twice a day. You're bound to get lucky one of these times.

TRACY: Ok.

JW: Hey, you ever see that movie about them wizard schools?

TRACY: NO. I read the book-- Oh, Harry Potter?

• Like 3

"Do you cut the crusts off?.. Sure I do! Im not an animal" fuck this was better than a bonus it was glorious!

You came out of your moms vagina like willy wonka did ya say? Just eating the walls??

• Like 1

We really need Tracey Reardon/Gino episode.

a Wompler/Reardon/Gino Cage Match!

I believe that the near-sighted opossum is indigenous to Florida.

opossum.jpg

"You ever seena gator do a double take?!?"

5E3Ath.gif

• Like 5

Looking forward to Tracey Reardon's new Earwolf podcast: Snap Judgements!

• Like 3

I shout laughed at the "Smoking Section" joke in foam corner. I fucking love foam corner.

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe J.W. Stillwater, aka Eddie Lee Capers, is an expansion of a "character" PFT did during the Best of 2013 episodes. His voice also reminds me a little bit of the time PFT did a Huell Howser impression when there was an alternate universe Huell in the studio. Anyway, great episode; I predict that, with this, one of our Best of 2014s has already been released.

EDIT: Found it, it's in Best of 2013 Episode 4 starting at around 1:07:30.

• Like 5

I love that Paul F. expanded a silly riff in a Best Of episode ("sireens") into this JW character.

Yep, that was fantastic. I love that in his one appearance of the year where Paul isn't playing a character, he still manages to create a character.

The opening prom discussion and closing adage-off were both gold. Also gold - pretty much everything in between.

• Like 2

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe J.W. Stillwater, aka Eddie Lee Capers, is an expansion of a "character" PFT did during the Best of 2013 episodes. His voice also reminds me a little bit of the time PFT did a Huell Howser impression when there was an alternate universe Huell in the studio. Anyway, great episode; I predict that, with this, one of our Best of 2014s has already been released.

Wow, good ear! I love that JW's ACTUAL origin was Paul and Scott just messing around on the Best Of, coming back from a break only to have their recording immediately interrupted by emergency vehicles' driving down Sunset Blvd with sirens blaring, PFT spontaneously deciding he'll ask if we can hear 'them sireens' (from whatever cultural thing he had heard that twang from), and then fleshing it out with his 'Bearcat scanner,' being where he hears about 'crime go.' Add in an affirmation from Scott about the likability/desire to see more of 'this guy' that Paul's doing, and

BOOM.

Say hello to JW Stillwater.

I love it!

• Like 4

UGH this is still not on iTunes- same with Improv4Humans!

Edit: Finally up!

On the best of show where PFT started screaming about SIREENS, and it was obvious how much he'd tickled himself, I was almost certain that vague character would return. And I was right! And right is the best thing to be!

Also, Lauren Lapkus is a goddamn genius.

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this