🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 004 — The Travel Bug with August Lindt

Just listened to this again for the 8th time. This is the best.

I've listened to this episode countless times and PFT's reaction to the Unsinkable Molly Brown punchline only gets more delightful with each subsequent listen.

• Like 3

So, if there is a second episode of The Travel Bug and August Lindt wanted to invite an entirely different cast of Germans, who could he invite? What other German characters have made podcast appearances?

Thomas Middleditch's Klaus from the 6th anniversary ep of Comedy Bang Bang is a clear pick. He's even a fellow traveler.

Jamie Denbo's turn as Anne Frank on the Dead Authors Podcast had me in stitches. (The Pope was a really good get for the first episode, but getting Anne Frank on the podcast would be an even bigger coup.)

There are a few other Germans on the Dead Authors Podcast, including Adomian's Nietzsche and Carter and Gourley's Brothers Grimm, but you probably don't want more than one time traveler, if any. Adomian could play a Nietzsche scholar.

Who else is there?

• Like 1

Anne Frank was Dutch. (But yes, that was extremely funny and I'm sure she could do a similar character with a slightly tweaked accent.)

Over a year later, still listening to this podcast at least one time a month. I'd kill for another episode with these guys in season 2.

• Like 6

I only recently found the ADPPP... I nearly fell over when they started talking about the ER in war torn Lubumbashi. I forget exactly when they recorded this reference, but the level of accuracy in which they talked about the area was surreal. The reference to a mai mai militia was inspired.

I was listening to this podcast while going through a TSA screening at the airport and was legitimately worried that I might get flagged as an insane person because of my consistent fits of laughter.

• Like 3

This is the podcast episode I've listened to more than any other, by far

• Like 3

"One of the favorite hours of my life that I ever spent alive." --Paul F. Tompkins, re: this episode, on this week's Spont.

• Like 12

Over a year later, still listening to this podcast at least one time a month. I'd kill for another episode with these guys in season 2.

Indeed - I've listened to this one episode more than any other episode of any podcast, and it loses absolutely nothing with repeated listening. The Cake Boss/Ghost of H. R. Giger episode of CBB makes for a nice following listen!

• Like 1

Thank you for bumping this thread. When it was announced that episodes older than six months would be removed from public access, I decided that it wasn't worth going through and downloading stuff, but this reminded me that ADPPP is a worthy (a worthy uh, a worthy uh) exception. I don't ever want to not have access to these episodes, whether it's due to a paywall or some sort of dystopian post-Internet situation.

• Like 5

Thank you for bumping this thread. When it was announced that episodes older than six months would be removed from public access, I decided that it wasn't worth going through and downloading stuff, but this reminded me that ADPPP is a worthy (a worthy uh, a worthy uh) exception. I don't ever want to not have access to these episodes, whether it's due to a paywall or some sort of dystopian post-Internet situation.

Indeed. well before any sort of pay wall, I had an archive of podcasts I wanted to make sure I would always have (because sometimes stuff on the internet disappears!). That list consists of all of Analyze Phish, ADPPP, CBB, Dead Author's, Getting On with James Urbaniak, Harmontown, i4h, Pod F. Tompkast, Spontaneanation, Superego, and UTU2TM?.

I spend a great deal of time animating, editing and writing code, and it's because of Earwolf that podcasts have overtaken music in terms of what I listen to while I'm busy. I can't say how many times I've listened to this, but I know it makes me laugh just as much every time. I'm just restating what has already been said but, much like the Tom Leykis episode of With Special Guest Lauren Lapkus, this is one of the best episodes of any podcast I've ever heard.

I've recently re-listened to Eye on Theatre and the Dalton Wilcox episode, and man I can't wait for more of this podcast. I'm looking forward to many, many more goof-arounds.

• Like 2

If

August Lindt

doesn't make an appearance in the second series...there WILL BE...trouble.

...with ALL THREE guests??

...and HOW can this be 'The Travel Bug'? THAT insect has flown!... (directly into the face of Werner Herzog...)