🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 008 — Kiss Me, I’m Patrick McMahon LIVE!

Got it. So it's not just the IRA thing. You're just kind of a dick in general.

Nice ad hominem, shall I also claim I've got a full understanding of who you are, based on a handful of words on a message board?

Definitely a first for me to be listening to a podcast walking down the street and being practically doubled over in laughter. Sure, I've chortled or snickered before, but I've never had to get my shit together in front of others.

I feel like Andy and his cohort have given us one of the greatest listening experiences ever regardless of how you rank them. Talk about going out with a bang! (Well, besides a Comedy Bang Bang host doing the best Scrooge McDuck version of an Irish accent that devolves into a pirate.)

• Like 1

If you like the songs, they're downloadable at the Superego Soundcloud:

As a native Irishman, the last one brings tears to my eyes. Because of Patrick McMahon's shitty verse.

• Like 2

The music on this one was just incredibly beautiful. Made me want to listen to actual Irish folk music, but then I'd get upset there aren't any jokes.

If you do want a starting point, I recommend soundtracks to Some Mother's Son by Bill Whelan and The Brothers McMullen by Seamus Egan, plus collaborative albums by The Chieftains - Tears of Stone and Voice of Ages. Not much comedy there but it's beautiful music.

Nice ad hominem, shall I also claim I've got a full understanding of who you are, based on a handful of words on a message board?

Hominem is not a word, so I'm not entirely sure what you're even saying.

Stop feeding the troll, folks.

On the episode, a great finish to a great run of shows.

Must say, though, while the outcome of the limerick contest was perfect from a plot perspective, the Monsignor's was clearly the best.

This has been one of those rare podcasts I unfortunately just can't listen to at work. Most others, I can stifle the laughter down to a NPR-type chuckle, but it just wasn't happening with the ADPPP.

I've always been a huge fan of Andy's - I think he's for sure one of the funniest people alive. Glad there are others on board, as well. Thanks to Earwolf for hosting, and to Andy and company for the many hours of free, hilarious entertainment.

Stop feeding the troll, folks.

On the episode, a great finish to a great run of shows.

Must say, though, while the outcome of the limerick contest was perfect from a plot perspective, the Monsignor's was clearly the best.

I'd put Mconvillies ahead of his. But those were the two best for sure.

Scott's Bonopirate dialect made me laugh for like 15 minutes straight

He's the Napoleon Bonopirate of comedic accents.

The music on this might be some of my proudest mixes

Listening to this ep again (for like the 10th time), and it really does sound fantastic. How much time do you think you spent mixing this? What kind of post-recording work has to be done for any podcast ep? This stuff intrigues me.

I think it would be fun to see some sort of "Behind the Scenes @ Earwolf" thing with the engineers and a tour of the studio and whatnot. (I'd love to see what the CBB plug bag actually looks like . . .)

• Like 3

Listening to this ep again (for like the 10th time), and it really does sound fantastic. How much time do you think you spent mixing this? What kind of post-recording work has to be done for any podcast ep? This stuff intrigues me.

It really depends on the needs of the podcast. The latest Sly Stallone probably took me 5-6 hours all said and done, at least.

I remember this one took a long time (I wouldn't be surprised if it was over 10 hours), because I really wanted to make it special and I was personally involved in putting it on. So I recorded the entire show multi-tracked for every single mic and instrument, which I've never done before or since for a live podcast. I basically broke it down and built it back up from scratch so I could get the band sounding this way. Took many hours because I mixed it like a record. Normally live shows are just mastering a basic stereo mix, as they usually don't call for more. I wish everyone could have seen it in person, it was magic, especially when Sean showed up.

• Like 17

"Its been a while" since I listened to this. Listening again, I almost forgot how absurd Scott's accent was. He loses it for a minute then tries to correct it and Paul says "oh, that was a close one" LOL.

• Like 1

Looking back, I wish that Lucius Charms had accepted the limerick suggestion of "U2."

From Liverpool there once were four lads,

You have seen them in those iPod ads.

They'd all put on suits, and get on their boots,

And play music for all of our dads.

• Like 7

Good new news: Andy Daly in Who Charted last week implied there'll be a new season. Even if it sucks it'll be great

Please based god, PLS

Looking back, I wish that Lucius Charms had accepted the limerick suggestion of "U2."

From Liverpool there once were four lads,

You have seen them in those iPod ads.

They'd all put on suits, and get on their boots,

And play music for all of our dads.

True, but then it possibly wouldn't have been such "a great day for commerce."

(Great limerick, BTW)

Scott recently debuted a Liam Nesson impression on Comedy Bang Bang.

It reminded me of a more polished Lucian Charms.

Man, the Superego guys really knocked it out of the park on this one.

(no surprise there though)

I must have listened to this episode 3 or 4 times now. Just did another listen while driving to a St. Patty's Day party out-of-state; entire car was cracking up.