🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
agata

Episode 202 — Pickup Artist

How did this guy get on the podcast? Has he heard an episode?

"And you hear his voice and are not attracted, write to us! ... For free!" Hahahahaha!

I'm writing saying I do not like this guy's voice or what he stands for. I'm glad we have our hosts to really not take this guy seriously.

I couldn't be less interested in hearing what some misogynist creep pick-up artist has to say. Is this episode actually worthwhile to listen to? Those guys make my skin crawl.

Was this guy a total douche bag?.....yes

Was it amazingly hilarious to listen to the crew play off of his douche baggery? absolutely

p.s. Kyle's impression of a Swedish girl made me lose it

• Like 3

What a terrible guest!

"David. David. Listen. Listen to me." That was SO infuriating, we could hear David almost losing his shit.

If you're unsure about listening it will be worth it to get to the point where they all get what's happening and poke fun at Ross in his face. And he still doesn't get it.

• Like 5

Are we sure this guy isn't a Seth Morris character?

Once I saw your comment I could not unhear this. It's probably Seth's grossest bit since neck-mushrooms.

edit- I posted a link and it was deleted, so I'm assuming I was not supposed to do that, and I apologize.

• Like 3

Also, not sure if anyone has posted this yet, but heres some more Tig related insanity.

This is part of a years-long unpleasantness involving stalking, restraining orders, etc. Let's not perpetuate it here.

• Like 1

Oh GOD! I had no idea! I just stumbled upon it and thought it was just random internet craziness. Really sorry.

One good outcome of this is that I am really proud of you listeners. As a lady who's interested in comedy and posting on a forum, I'm likely in the minority and it is awesome to see all this anti vagina vending machine talk. Really cool guys. Really cool.

• Like 7

Okay....I retract my anger about last week. I want to go back to Tig's flirting and have her host this one. This guy was just awful.

• Like 2

Is this the most maligned guest in PB history?

Easily. I think the only question now is whether the negative feedback is so overwhelming that the hosts actually acknowledge it with something other than the usual dismissiveness.

• Like 1

"A woman's first response isn't always her real answer."

Whoa. ANNNNNNDDDDD stopping the podcast.

• Like 1

I really wanted Tig to throw out a "you're a gross person"

• Like 1

The creep factor is strong with this one. Which is definitely outweighed by the humor that Kyle, David, and Tig bring. Now are we sure this isn't some character who wandered in from CBB's podcast. We all saw his picture, right.

• Like 1

I like how everyone is outraged that this guy turned out to be an asshole. I thought it was hilarious listening to their barely-disguised disgust. Not like it's the show's responsibility to police the guests. It was an awkward episode, but you certainly learned something about "pickup artists."

• Like 7

Despite all of his "I'm not one of *those* PUA assholes" disclaimers he still didn't seem to view women as people but instead as sexual opportunities. One of the most cringey moments for me was when referring to swedish women and asked if he could use the f-word as a verb. He apparently hadn't heard of the show and didn't even bother to even look them up on Wikipedia since he had no idea that Tig had cancer or that Kyle was a comedian. He totally didn't belong on this show but I listened to the whole thing just to witness them turning the creepy shit coming out of his mouth into comedy gold with their responses.

• Like 3

I couldn't help it and listened to the whole thing. I did not see the surprise 'By the way, I was accused of murdering someone once' ending coming.

• Like 8

I totally knew the surprise twist of "I was accused of a serious crime" was coming at the end, Although I was a little surprised it wasn't a sexual crime

• Like 4

Im glad I was doing chores whilst listening to this cause I only was paying attention to the blastoff crews parts and I finished when they all went like woah woah about something he said I forget now but after that I was like wtf is this guy even doing on there? also continuously saying things aren't funny is real great ugh

I usually hate to criticize guests on the forums, for fear that they will read it, but...

What an oblivious, misogynistic guest. And I was willing to give him a chance at first, when he was so adamant that he wasn't like most scummy pick up artists. But then he just got scummier and scummier.

Thank goodness for the Blastoff crew, especially David, for not letting this guy get away with what he was saying.

• Like 6

I usually hate to criticize guests on the forums, for fear that they will read it, but...

Agreed, but this guy is in the business of dehumanisation. Fuck him.

On the one hand i'm shocked PB provided a platform to this maniac. On the other, comedy can come from anywhere.

At least the forum is giving him the feedback he (and no other guest (Adam Corolla excluded)) deserves. What a force for evil he is.

Still love the show & tig & kyle & david. But i'd rather the guests had something to say other that pure humourless bile.

But again, love the show muchly and it always makes me laugh.

• Like 1

This episode is hilarious. Agreed on all points about this guy, but Tig's automatic reactions to everything he says are amazing. And big ups to David for reacting honestly and not being afraid of confronting this bullshit.

• Like 3

This episode is hilarious. Agreed on all points about this guy, but Tig's automatic reactions to everything he says are amazing. And big ups to David for reacting honestly and not being afraid of confronting this bullshit.

His best point was his early one, "So, are you a sociopath?" Pretty much.

• Like 4