🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 213 — Dramatic Tornado

D'Arcy Carden, Craig Rowin, Neil Campbell, and Danielle Schneider discover the sexual double-meaning of pet adoption on this week’s improv4humans with Matt Besser! They'll also follow the career of an actor whose prime gig is pretending to be a monster in a child's closet, Wee-Man on his new prank show Cat Nuts, and a dramatic actor who regards himself as a Dramatic Tornado. Plus, humon Sarah Schultz stops by to interview Matt about becoming undeniably funny, honing your act, and being inspired by the work of other comedians in The Interview Challenge. Make sure to get the Upright Citizens Brigade television show season 3 now available on DVD, the UCB Comedy Improv Manual, and Dragoon’s new album at dragoongalaxy.bandcamp.com!

Even though I massively disagree with him I think that guy's music comment is fair. If you don't like the music being played on an episode, I can easily see it ruin the episode for you, since it's such a big part of the episode

If I don't like the music, I fast forward through the music and just listen to the discussion of the lyrics, which is the instigation for the scene.

Not everyone can be as perfect as me though, sorrynotsorry

• Like 2

I can sympathize with the music thing. One time when I was walking down the street in New York, this guy was pretending upside down buckets were drums and he was playing them like drums. Well, let me tell you. After writing several letters to the mayor and receiving no response I just decided to move to a shack in the Mojave desert. Things are so much better here with no music I don't like invading my life. It is really hot, though, so I've written the mayor.

• Like 1

If I don't like the music, I fast forward through the music and just listen to the discussion of the lyrics, which is the instigation for the scene.

Not everyone can be as perfect as me though, sorrynotsorry

Do you listen to them on your phone? Seems a lot of work

Yes! Neil Campbell!

Neil UNDENIABLY extended his GOAT status from CBB freestyle battlers to I4H guests. The number of times that he pops in with little jokes and makes the others break is amazing. The Kylo Ren and chipmunk cheeks lines fucking killed me.

• Like 5

I'm sorry in advance for this strident, sharply worded rant.

If you don't like listening to something you turn it off or skip the part you don't like.

Really really sorry guys.

• Like 2

Oh, I really came here to say D'arcy Carden has shot to the top of my favorite new regulars. What a killer quick and twisted wit.

• Like 1

I also love that off-in-the-distance-guy has been getting up on that mic lately.

• Like 7

It's probably between Deacon and Bazan for best musical guest for me

• Like 2

My co-worker overheard me listening to this episode as we were both arriving at work yesterday. When I told her what i4h was all about she told me a story about how she got her and her boyfriend, "kicked out of an improv show in Boston" because they were sat up front and she, "couldn't stop talking." She said, "I wanted to keep talking to my boyfriend but forgot I wasn't supposed to, so they had to keep asking me to stop until finally they asked us to leave."

I just love that she uses the word "couldn't", like she had no choice but to be horrifyingly disrespectful.

• Like 5

It's probably between Deacon and Bazan for best musical guest for me

Waxahatchee and Hallelujah The Hills all day, both have become two of my absolute favourite artists/bands recently

Some of the funniest improv scenes have been on musical episodes. Even if I don't particularly like the artist (which is rare), the show is still hilarious and FREE.

• Like 1

Even though I massively disagree with him I think that guy's music comment is fair. If you don't like the music being played on an episode, I can easily see it ruin the episode for you, since it's such a big part of the episode

I didn't like Dan Deacon. At all. Just fast-forwarded through the songs though. No problem.

I love it when Matt drops knowledge into the brains of the younger.

1:18:25

"Where ya at? Cause maybe you’re not ready to hone yet. Cause I think there’s a time to hone and maybe you’re not there yet. Maybe you’re still spreadin your wings and finding what you are, what should be honed, what you are guna be good at."

Thanks Matt!

:)

Some of the funniest improv scenes have been on musical episodes. Even if I don't particularly like the artist (which is rare), the show is still hilarious and FREE.

Which have you not liked

Not that anyone likely needs or wants to know, but I started I4H 4-5 months back and went through all the eps and this show is where I caught up!

More specifically to this episode, I enjoyed the use of an actual live interview with someone as scene inspirations. I saw it as much more than just 'comedy advice from working comedians.'

• Like 3