#161 taylor anne photo

A Most Peculiar Mademoiselle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts
  • LocationDeep in the heart of Texas

Posted 10 February 2017 - 10:00 AM

View Posttomspanks, on 10 February 2017 - 09:39 AM, said:

That's true - there are fewer older women/younger men couples in films. I would give Mitchell's 2 left testicles to see a female Bond with younger Bond boys (eww, that sounds gross).

I was so excited when they announced that Monica Bellucci was going to be a Bond girl until I found out that JK he's actually going to fall in love with Lea Seydoux...
"Taylor doesn't comment often, but when she does, she burns the whole fuckin' place down." - CakeBug Tranch

#162 Fister Roboto

#likesanimals

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 10 February 2017 - 10:05 AM

View Posttaylor anne photo, on 10 February 2017 - 10:00 AM, said:

I was so excited when they announced that Monica Bellucci was going to be a Bond girl until I found out that JK he's actually going to fall in love with Lea Seydoux...

Speaking of Lea Seydoux, I just want to point out Rachel Weisz is 6 years older than Colin Farrell, and that's one of the billion reasons The Lobster is one of the best movies ever. (also, Angeliki Papoulia, who plays the Heartless Woman, is about a year older than Farrell)
"Fuck this fucking movie!" -Cameron H

#163 tomspanks

jaded meowndarin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 04:30 PM

Guys, I was listening to The Book of Mormon soundtrack and my cat changed it to La La Land.

Posted Image

#164 Fister Roboto

#likesanimals

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 08 April 2017 - 07:43 PM

Soooooooooooo did anyone see the new Beauty and the Beast? I just watched it today, and....I have a lot of thoughts.

I don't want to add spoilers for anyone that hasn't seen it yet, but, generally speaking, what did you guys think?

Side note: I almost PM'd Taylor directly to see if she saw it, but I figure others might have thoughts, too, and I want to hear all of them

#165 taylor anne photo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 08:46 PM

Of course I saw it lol.

I thought it was okay. I feel like if I didn't have the extreme tie to the animated movie that I have then I might have liked it more.

Also trying to avoid spoilers which seems odd considering the whole story is the exact same lol.
"Taylor doesn't comment often, but when she does, she burns the whole fuckin' place down." - CakeBug Tranch

#166 kateacola

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 430 posts
  • LocationAZ

Posted 08 April 2017 - 08:51 PM

View PostFister Roboto, on 08 April 2017 - 07:43 PM, said:

Soooooooooooo did anyone see the new Beauty and the Beast? I just watched it today, and....I have a lot of thoughts.

I don't want to add spoilers for anyone that hasn't seen it yet, but, generally speaking, what did you guys think?

Side note: I almost PM'd Taylor directly to see if she saw it, but I figure others might have thoughts, too, and I want to hear all of them

I liked it but I didn't reeeally like/love it. The new songs I was kinda "meh" about and probably could have done without? It's been awhile since Ive seen the original but has been one of my favorite disney movies since I was a kid.
My friends and my siblings all loved it though, maybe my expectations were too high?

#167 taylor anne photo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 08:55 PM

View Postkateacola, on 08 April 2017 - 08:51 PM, said:

The new songs I was kinda "meh" about and probably could have done without?

I found myself checking out during every new song.

#168 Fister Roboto

#likesanimals

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,058 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 08 April 2017 - 09:09 PM

View Posttaylor anne photo, on 08 April 2017 - 08:55 PM, said:

I found myself checking out during every new song.

Agreed. I get what they were going for, which was to add more songs to the movie to make it more musical-ish. But none of the new songs really grabbed me. I also didn't like the changes they made to existing songs (ESPECIALLY "Gaston").

My biggest Taylor question is: how did you feel about Luke Evans as Gaston? I know you really like him, but he.....kind of didn't work for me.

#169 taylor anne photo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,122 posts

Posted 08 April 2017 - 11:39 PM

View PostFister Roboto, on 08 April 2017 - 09:09 PM, said:

My biggest Taylor question is: how did you feel about Luke Evans as Gaston? I know you really like him, but he.....kind of didn't work for me.

Oh I thought he was the best part! I genuinely kept thinking he was fuckin' nailing it!

#170 tomspanks

jaded meowndarin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 07:24 AM

I saw B&B the Thursday night of opening weekend and had a really fun time. I also liked Luke Evans as Gaston - so much that at times I found myself wanting him to win and get that Beast. I wouldn't be mad if someone made a Gaston/LeFou spinoff/prequel.