🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
DaltonMaltz

Episode 278 - The Pink Wink Man

Joel Spence, Colton Dunn, and Johnny Meeks join Matt Besser for this week’s episode of improv4humans. They perform scenes about a ragtag group of retail freedom fighters, children’s books that teach harsh life lessons, and a town up in arms about progressive snowmen. Later, they set unrealistic goals on their wish-boards, visit a shoe outlet that enforces a sock policy, and rescue their dogs from a rhino’s headlock.

278 - Colton Dunn, Johnny Meeks, Joel Spence

(0:26 - 6:47) Intro Story - Colton’s Superstore memes - Joe Mantegna is known mostly for his anal meme

(6:59 - 10:48) Let’s Talk Some More About That - “Pink Wink” search results - A visit from the Pink Wink man

(10:55 - 15:53) Twitter Suggestion - "Nordstroms" - Ragtag retail employees take on the army

(16:00 - 25:08) Question from Listener -”What was your worst movie going experience?" - A children’s book teaches a harsh lesson about following directions

(28:10 - 35:02) Twitter Suggestion - “Snowstorm” - A religious town takes issue with progressive snowmen

(35:08 - 44:22) Crap on Youtube - “Subway Customer Freaks Out Over Being Charged More Than $5” - A Subway hires someone specifically to be yelled at by customers

(46:12 - 54:05) What the Fuck Is Going On? - Andre Bauth stabbed someone and claimed he’ll win 5 Oscars - Setting unrealistic goals on your wish board

(54:08 - 1:01:59) Twitter Suggestion - “Shakeweight” - Personal trainers fuck their clients as part of the regiment

(1:02:07 - 1:06:29) Twitter Suggestion - “Dirty Sock” - A shoe store enforces the wearing of socks

(1:06:35 - 1:15:17) Crap on Youtube - “Man Punches Out Kangaroo” - Australians defend their dogs from a rhinoceros

(1:15:25 - 1:24:10) Crap on Youtube - “A Very Quick Lesson” - A support group for people who don’t know how to do simple things

I am so on the old guy's side. I've boycotted CVS because the register price didn't match the sticker, and no one offers to help fix the problem. I sound cheap, but there's principalities Smokey! Sure it's just 50 cents, but if you are cheating every customer 50 cents, it adds up. If it was mom and pop shop, maybe, but I don't let that shit slide at target or walgreens.

Was the cashier supposed to design and print out new posters that says "$5 + tax" or something?

like what was he supposed to do? he just pushes the buttons and the system tells him how much the sandwich costs

great ep all around

• Like 2

Another great episode of the podcast Improv4Humans with Matt Besser this was

I think it might be generational, because I'm totally on the Subway employees' side. First off, why would tax be unexpected? It's a well-established social contract. When something is labeled as "a dollar" it's actually 1.06, or whatever your state's sales tax is. Plus, with modern registers, you don't usually have the option to change or customize anything. It's all very automated. I don't see them as mopes, I see them as a bunch of minimum wage employees trying their best to do their jobs while an old man yells about sales tax. My broader point being that I wonder if where you would tend to fall on that argument is sort of generational.

• Like 2

I get why the old man was upset but I'm on the cashiers side. In reality it's the restaurants fault for having an incorrect price on a poster. So it costs more not only because of tax but because they didn't display the right price so i imagine if the cashier was like "hey its ok sir, only pay me 5 dollars plus tax." the cashier might get fired or reprimanded for not taking the full amount and following the restaurants rules. Places like Subway and that type of chain are notorious for having strict or asshole bosses so I could see the cashier getting shit if they get caught under charging no matter what the customer assumed the price was. The cashier is just trying to do what the business wants even if that means having to kinda screw over a customer.. which can been seen as a crappy move but if they're working there to begin with they probably cant risk getting fired. This is just my opinion though.

Sign in to follow this