Musical Mondays Week 9 Pete's Dragon (1977)

HDTGM Musicals Fun & Games

184 replies to this topic

#181 Cam Bert

Foreign Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts
  • LocationOsaka, Japan

Posted 16 April 2017 - 07:01 PM

As a Canadian the whole Peeps thing is lost on me. Never had them but they seem... okay. Although I did recently see Peeps Oreos and they looked very good.

Also I agree with everybody else, whatever you choose Jammer will be great!
My Howdy sense is tingling. Break out Google maps and my abacus...there's a C&O to be solved! And this time, it's personal...
(credit to Elektra and Cameron H)

#182 JammerLea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 16 April 2017 - 07:45 PM

My roommate and I caught the end of VEEP while waiting for the new ep Last Week Tonight to air, and look who showed up!

Posted Image

#183 Society Max

Ⓜⓐⓧⓘⓜⓘⓛⓘⓐⓝⓞ

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 698 posts
  • LocationⓂⓐⓧⓘⓜⓘⓛⓘⓐⓝⓞ

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:48 AM

Late realization is late... When I noticed that this movie invented foam parties 40 years ago

Posted Image

Posted Image

#184 EvRobert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 299 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:31 PM

The last time I watched Pete's Dragon was probably 1987 or so, in my grade school gym waiting for Christmas break, Spring Break or Summer break to come. the movie, from what I remember, is strange as hell and I had vague memories of it being a musical. So revisiting your criticisms of it, made me cuirous. I'm going to check it out and report back because damn what vague weird memories of this movie.

FYI, the 9/11 theater talk...I auditioned for Heven Can Wait on 9/11. Most awkward audition of my life (and I didn't like the director either).

Peeps are okay as s'mores if you use really good chocolate (like Dove chocolate).

#185 Cam Bert

Foreign Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,119 posts
  • LocationOsaka, Japan

Posted 30 April 2017 - 04:21 AM

Today I had a long talk with my mother so you know what that means. It's time for the Ted Neeley Handsome Report!

"So one of the movies we watched was Pete's Dragon."
"We had that on VHS remember? You watched it all the time until we got Ghostbuster. I really loved Helen Reddy's voice. I had some of her records I believe."
"What are your thoughts on Mickey Rooney?"
"He was always creepy to me. Never cared for him. I mean he just seemed so off putting in everything he was in. I think your grandma liked him, but they're probably the same age. Were the same age, I think he's passed now. He was an odd little man."
"Do you remember any of the other men in the movie?"
"Red Buttons was in it, wasn't he? Your grandfather loved his hobo clown stuff."
"Jeff Conaway was in it too."
"Was he? I don't recall. I use to like him on Taxi it's so sad what happened to him."
"I thought you'd like him from Grease."
"I like Grease but... no when I think of him I think of Taxi."
"What about him?" (show her a picture of Jim Dale)
"I kinda remember him."
"Handsome?"
"Compared to the others? I suppose yes."
My Howdy sense is tingling. Break out Google maps and my abacus...there's a C&O to be solved! And this time, it's personal...
(credit to Elektra and Cameron H)