Musical Mondays Week 9 Pete's Dragon (1977)

HDTGM Musicals Fun & Games

183 replies to this topic

#181 Cam Bert

Foreign Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts
  • LocationOsaka, Japan

Posted 16 April 2017 - 07:01 PM

As a Canadian the whole Peeps thing is lost on me. Never had them but they seem... okay. Although I did recently see Peeps Oreos and they looked very good.

Also I agree with everybody else, whatever you choose Jammer will be great!
My Howdy sense is tingling. Break out Google maps and my abacus...there's a C&O to be solved! And this time, it's personal...
(credit to Elektra and Cameron H)

#182 JammerLea

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio, Texas

Posted 16 April 2017 - 07:45 PM

My roommate and I caught the end of VEEP while waiting for the new ep Last Week Tonight to air, and look who showed up!

Posted Image

#183 Ⓜⓐⓧⓘⓜⓘⓛⓘⓐⓝⓞ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:48 AM

Late realization is late... When I noticed that this movie invented foam parties 40 years ago

Posted Image

Posted Image

#184 EvRobert

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 18 April 2017 - 09:31 PM

The last time I watched Pete's Dragon was probably 1987 or so, in my grade school gym waiting for Christmas break, Spring Break or Summer break to come. the movie, from what I remember, is strange as hell and I had vague memories of it being a musical. So revisiting your criticisms of it, made me cuirous. I'm going to check it out and report back because damn what vague weird memories of this movie.

FYI, the 9/11 theater talk...I auditioned for Heven Can Wait on 9/11. Most awkward audition of my life (and I didn't like the director either).

Peeps are okay as s'mores if you use really good chocolate (like Dove chocolate).