Jump to content
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Week 59 Preview (CaleBug Tranch’s 4th Pick)

Recommended Posts

After last week's emotion-fest I bet he'll pick something upbeat like Sweeney Todd to lighten the mood.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
22 minutes ago, Cinco DeNio said:

After last week's emotion-fest I bet he'll pick something upbeat like Sweeney Todd to lighten the mood.

I've got about 45 mins left on The Last Five Years, but I'm predicting an extremely happy ending. I'm not wrong, right?

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
40 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

I've got about 45 mins left on The Last Five Years, but I'm predicting an extremely happy ending. I'm not wrong, right?

Depends on whether you're pulling for Jamie or Cathy.  Also, 45 minutes left is halfway through.  It's a short movie.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I have to give the movie credit.  It is basically the stage play with storyline changes but the lyrics and music are pretty much spot on.  The stage show is around 90 minutes as well.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, taylorannephoto said:

Calebug

tenor.gif?itemid=9759024

I sense a profile name change in CakeBug's future.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Cameron H. said:

I've got about 45 mins left on The Last Five Years, but I'm predicting an extremely happy ending. I'm not wrong, right?

You might be watching it backwards

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, AlmostAGhost said:

You might be watching it backwards

FemaleUnconsciousAngelwingmussel-max-1mb

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, taylorannephoto said:

Calebug

tenor.gif?itemid=9759024

I’m keeping that shit :) 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

Hi folks! Sorry about the delay, I was driving down to Oswego this morning and just got in.

Re: CaleBug: the pair of pants I just failed to fit into might agree that switching from Cale to Cake might be the way to go.

Okay! This week's pick! I had a lot of thoughts, and very nearly made you all watch the Sharpay movie, just so we could go back to HSM, or 'Descendants', because why should I be the only one to have suffered, but I know there's also a really good chance that everyone would just take a pass on contributing this week.

My last three picks were Across the Universe (arguably the best pick yet, still), Guys and Dolls (meh) and La La Land (the film that killed Fister).  This time, I thought I'd go a bit off the beaten path with a film I haven't yet seen myself but which comes highly recommended by a playwright I greatly respect, who without question calls this his favorite musical of all time. So, no pressure. I have a DVD copy that that playwright sent to me, so I might be able to do some rabb.it screenings, or it's available for rent on Amazon and Apple.

So what is it? Not sure yet! Folks, let's watch our first musical Spike Lee joint! Let's watch...

passing-strange-poster.jpg

Are there still spoiler tags?

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Cakebug Tranch said:

Hi folks! Sorry about the delay, I was driving down to Oswego this morning and just got in.

Re: CaleBug: the pair of pants I just failed to fit into might agree that switching from Cale to Cake might be the way to go.

Okay! This week's pick! I had a lot of thoughts, and very nearly made you all watch the Sharpay movie, just so we could go back to HSM, or 'Descendants', because why should I be the only one to have suffered, but I know there's also a really good chance that everyone would just take a pass on contributing this week.

My last three picks were Across the Universe (arguably the best pick yet, still), Guys and Dolls (meh) and La La Land (the film that killed Fister).  This time, I thought I'd go a bit off the beaten path with a film I haven't yet seen myself but which comes highly recommended by a playwright I greatly respect, who without question calls this his favorite musical of all time. So, no pressure. I have a DVD copy that that playwright sent to me, so I might be able to do some rabb.it screenings, or it's available for rent on Amazon and Apple.

So what is it? Not sure yet! Folks, let's watch our first musical Spike Lee joint! Let's watch...

passing-strange-poster.jpg

Are there still spoiler tags?

 

Yes, there are.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Hello for now I'm back and I'm gonna watch this Spike Lee musical and share my thought with you guys.

 

END OF LINE

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I'm really looking forward to this one :)

giphy.gif

  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, IMAHUGEHDTGMFAN said:

Hello for now I'm back and I'm gonna watch this Spike Lee musical and share my thought with you guys.

 

END OF LINE

welcome-back-gif-5.gif

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
6 minutes ago, IMAHUGEHDTGMFAN said:

Hello for now I'm back and I'm gonna watch this Spike Lee musical and share my thought with you guys.

 

END OF LINE

giphy.gif

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Is this our first foray into recorded Live On Stage Musicals? I've seen this years ago and am looking forward to revisiting it.

It was streaming for awhile on a couple of platforms, I'll check BroadwayHD, if it's there I could probably host a screening as well (if not, well I can't)

Share this post


Link to post

I hate to break it to you Cale, but Rabbit doesn't allow DVD streamings so that cuts out that option lol.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
26 minutes ago, EvRobert said:

Is this our first foray into recorded Live On Stage Musicals? I've seen this years ago and am looking forward to revisiting it.

It was streaming for awhile on a couple of platforms, I'll check BroadwayHD, if it's there I could probably host a screening as well (if not, well I can't)

Cinco chose Piya Behrupiya which was in front of an audience and a lot of us watched the live version of Rent when Cinco picked that one as well.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, taylorannephoto said:

I hate to break it to you Cale, but Rabbit doesn't allow DVD streamings so that cuts out that option lol.

Sweet! I'm off the hook! Sort your fuckin selves out! ;)

  • Like 5
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Cakebug Tranch said:

Sweet! I'm off the hook! Sort your fuckin selves out! ;)

Got it!

GTvsFtr.png

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Cakebug Tranch said:

Folks, let's watch our first musical Spike Lee joint!

Second!  We also did School Daze

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, AlmostAGhost said:

Second!  We also did School Daze

I wasn't here, so in my mind, it didn't happen... ;)

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×