Jump to content
Cameron H.

Musical Mondays Week 69 Girls! Girls! Girls!

Recommended Posts

Just now, Cameron H. said:

Man, I feel like I wasn’t paying attention! You’re right. That’s a song about tuna fish. 😜

Third viewing's the charm. 😉

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
37 minutes ago, Cinco DeNio said:

Serious question: We're Comin' in Loaded isn't the tuna song?  What are they pulling in then?

 

31 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

Man, I feel like I wasn’t paying attention! You’re right. That’s a song about tuna fish. 😜

I thought that song was about boning.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, tomspanks said:

 

I thought that song was about boning.

Tom today:

tenor.gif?itemid=10815868

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

Tom today:

tenor.gif?itemid=10815868

I'm serious!  The lyrics to that song are bonkers.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
18 minutes ago, tomspanks said:

I'm serious!  The lyrics to that song are bonkers.

 

Ooh yes we're comin' in loaded, Ooh yes we're comin' in loaded
I'll hold the boat steady brother like a rock
Full speed a head until we hit the dock
We're heading for home, the fishing was great
We're comin' in loaded 'cause we're all out of bait
Well, well, well, well, well
Oh well now yeah!

We gottem packed to the water-line
Some got away but the catch was fine
Never saw such big ones, m'man oh man,
We're comin' in loaded just as fast as we can
Well, well, well, well, well
Oh well now yeah!

I'm gonna see my baby soon as I get back
Knock on the door with my pockets packed
She'll look at me well she can't say no
We're comin' in loaded so come on let's go
Well, well, well, well, well
Oh well now yeah!
Oh well now yeah!
Yeah! we're comin' in loaded

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, Cameron H. said:

 

Ooh yes we're comin' in loaded, Ooh yes we're comin' in loaded
I'll hold the boat steady brother like a rock
Full speed a head until we hit the dock
We're heading for home, the fishing was great
We're comin' in loaded 'cause we're all out of bait
Well, well, well, well, well
Oh well now yeah!

We gottem packed to the water-line
Some got away but the catch was fine
Never saw such big ones, m'man oh man,
We're comin' in loaded just as fast as we can
Well, well, well, well, well
Oh well now yeah!

I'm gonna see my baby soon as I get back
Knock on the door with my pockets packed
She'll look at me well she can't say no
We're comin' in loaded so come on let's go
Well, well, well, well, well
Oh well now yeah!
Oh well now yeah!
Yeah! we're comin' in loaded

giphy.gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Cameron H. said:

It was weird how much more I enjoyed this on my second viewing. I even ended up bumping it up a few notches on my Elvis List.

 I’m also fascinated by the idea of hat stores offering to set up accounts. That is intriguing...

Most stores had accounts back t hen. They were the precursor to a credit card. Women in that era wore a lot more hats than women do now.  So it's understandable that you would have an account when you need multiple hats to go with your outfits.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Cinco DeNio said:

Duh they moved to Arizona.  For their health?!?!  Hawaii's climate wasn't good enough? (I assume the movie is in Hawaii.)

Edit: @Cam Bert beat me to the Arizona part and said it better.

She probably has arthritis and the humidity is bad for her.

Share this post


Link to post

So we all know that June thinks the 70's were the best a man has ever looked. I disagree with that, and think that this time period makes men look pretty snazzy. 

also can we talk about how great the women's clothes are?

Really loved the clothes in this for everyone. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

So what do we think happened to Robin? I felt kind of bad for her. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, gigi-tastic said:

So what do we think happened to Robin? I felt kind of bad for her. 

I feel like she’s just fine. She made her peace with Laurel and indicated that she was over Elvis. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Cameron H. said:

I feel like she’s just fine. She made her peace with Laurel and indicated that she was over Elvis. 

I just hope he stops dropping by during work hours to cry about his problems. Rude! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

So how many married women have tried to proposition Russ on fishing trips with their husbands do you think? 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I know nothing about fishing but I was very worried to see several fishermen on Elvis's boat( including Elvis at one point I think) wearing jeans. Do you have any idea  how awful jeans are when wet? I would assume that you would wear something else ?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, gigi-tastic said:

So how many married women have tried to proposition Russ on fishing trips with their husbands do you think? 

It felt like it was pretty common. Maybe he shouldn’t have been so quick to turn her down if he needed the money so bad.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, gigi-tastic said:

She probably has arthritis and the humidity is bad for her.

Dehumidifier would be cheaper. 🙂 I just think they sold to get Ross moving and stop waiting around for the right chance.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

I was surprised when Ross and Laurel go to Paradise Cove and the lady of the house calls out that Ross and Robin are there.  Maybe it's me but Robin seemed too sour to want to go to a place like that and just hang out.  I know we only meet her for a little while and she seems to make her peace with Laurel over Ross but I don't see her being as lacksadaisical as Laurel was as the guest.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Finally making some time to comment on my own pick :) I had some oral surgery last Friday and was a bit knocked out with pain meds, and was probably thinking about Johnny's soliloquy from Dirty Dancing about how hard it was to have women throwing themselves at him and no one genuinely cared at him. That was my take on Russ. He was a man with a goal to get the ship he and his dad built together, and girls were a distraction. I do think all of the married women hit on him, and some of the guys too! I wondered why he was so hesitant to sing at the club. He could totally bank on his sex appeal and his talent without actually having to sell his body. Did working on the boat make more money? My first thought is, no, but that he just loved being on it so much. 

I'm so glad you all enjoyed this as much as I did. What did you all think of the song with the two girls at Paradise Cove? 

Oh, also, I was really surprised by how much I loved Laurel. Given the opening song, I really wasn't sure how much sexism I had signed up for. Not so . much, it appears. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, WatchOutForSnakes said:

Finally making some time to comment on my own pick :) I had some oral surgery last Friday and was a bit knocked out with pain meds, and was probably thinking about Johnny's soliloquy from Dirty Dancing about how hard it was to have women throwing themselves at him and no one genuinely cared at him. That was my take on Russ. He was a man with a goal to get the ship he and his dad built together, and girls were a distraction. I do think all of the married women hit on him, and some of the guys too! I wondered why he was so hesitant to sing at the club. He could totally bank on his sex appeal and his talent without actually having to sell his body. Did working on the boat make more money? My first thought is, no, but that he just loved being on it so much. 

I'm so glad you all enjoyed this as much as I did. What did you all think of the song with the two girls at Paradise Cove? 

Oh, also, I was really surprised by how much I loved Laurel. Given the opening song, I really wasn't sure how much sexism I had signed up for. Not so . much, it appears. 

I don't remember the song with the two girls.  Watching the movie again and I'll comment after.

Share this post


Link to post

I just saw Robin call Ross Sir Galahad.  It reminded me of Elvis' movie Kid Galahad. I wondered if one led to the other.  Turns out Kid Galahad was also released in 1962, three months before this movie!  Not only that but this movie is the THIRD Elvis movie released in 1962!  Previously he had done at most one movie a year up to 1961.  He did two in 1961 and then ramped up the movies.  No wonder he needed the Comeback Special in 1968.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

OK, let's play Six Degrees of Separation.  This technically isn't that but still...

I have Elvis' movie Love a Little, Live a Little (1968) in my list of possibilities because of Michele Carey.  She has a big role in El Dorado, one of my favorite Westerns.  Looking at her IMDB page it turns out she just passed away in November, on the exact release date of Girls! Girls! Girls!.  I'm very sad I didn't hear about her passing at the time.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
31 minutes ago, Cinco DeNio said:

OK, let's play Six Degrees of Separation.  This technically isn't that but still...

I have Elvis' movie Love a Little, Live a Little (1968) in my list of possibilities because of Michele Carey.  She has a big role in El Dorado, one of my favorite Westerns.  Looking at her IMDB page it turns out she just passed away in November, on the exact release date of Girls! Girls! Girls!.  I'm very sad I didn't hear about her passing at the time.

On my Elvis movies list, Love a Little is my number two movie! (Mostly because it was cuckoo bananas)

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×