🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 114 — Surfing Rainbows

I'm disappointed at how one-dimensional most of your expectations of a podcast are.

Run away if people aren't smiling, happy, and laughing together at all times. RUN!!!

Sorry for the negativity, but I loved the change of pace even though Steve-O was out of his element and talked a lot.

Maybe Scott and Jeff should give him a show :)

Big ups to WC for branching out.

Big ups to Steve-O for moving forward in life.

- Open minded fan

I'm very opened minded when it comes to podcasts, hence why I listen to a bunch of different ones. I just think Steve-O was inconsiderate in conversation with the hosts. He seemed rude to me, they didn't seem to mind but I did listening so I turned it off.

Then again I also dislike Steve-O, I know people change, but the fact he seems to hold himself so high and mighty after being in Jackass and being a drug addict seems really lame. It was a mix of preachy and almost like a monologue ignoring what our beloved hosts tried to add to the conversation. I for one think the beauty of podcasts are funny, interesting people having fun with each other not one talking over the others.

steve o has a great podcast voice.

Signed, rosanne barr, fran drescher, and gibert godfried.

Have you ever heard Gilbert's real voice? It's downright soothing!

"The Steve-O that I met today is a great guy, a three-dimensional guy with a lot of great qualities" - Howard Kremer, WC-114

"We did a great show, in my opinion, earlier this week on Who Charted, with Steve-O" - Kulap Vilaysak, TC-53

Speaking of being hypocritical, I couldn't help but notice that a bunch of peeps who're railing at Steve-O for not paying enough attention to Wie and Ku also didn't pay enough attention to Wie and Ku themselves or they would have noticed that Wie and Ku were having an absolute ball with this week's guest.

I've never been the biggest Jackass fan, so I was surprised at how much I enjoyed Steve-O. He sounds like a great guy and that he has really grown up. All the Howard connections were great. I really like it when people are positive and don't just decide to shit on everything. Admit that you love pop music and The Hunger Games if that's what you love. I do!

Yup, this was me too. I don't think I ever watched an entire episode of Jackass, nor either of the movies or spinoff shows so I went into the episode a little half-heartedly regarding the guest - even moreso once his foghorn TJ Miller-on-meth of a voice started blasting into my ears - but he slowly won me over as it became clear that:

1.) Wie and Ku were having a ball.

2.) Contrary to my previous opinion of him he's actually a fairly thoughtful, good-hearted and humble dude. Clearly I'm not saying he's a genius or a saint, but he's at least significantly more than just the meathead narcissist I'd previously mistaken him for.

3.) His stories are better than any other guest I can remember.

4.) The half hour before getting to the music chart was made up of the kind of stuff which is always covered in the third chart, so the script was nicely flipped and even though we didn't get the usual goose or a pinada or whatevs.

5.) He's as new-age loopy as our beloved Wie and Ku, and like them he's self-aware enough to make fun of himself for it too.

I really hope he makes a return appearance someday and feels a little less pressured to "perform". His overtalking and interuptions seemed born of a mixture of out-of-control enthusiasm and of being so used to having to drive interviews because most interviewers who would talk to a guy like Steve-O don't bring anything to the table.

The funniest part of the episode was maybe when, ironically, it was Steve-O himself who got the show back on track by announcing the arrival of Numberrrrrrrr One on the movie chart.

• Like 1

Just finished listening to this episode and I loved it. I was actually very impressed with Steve-O and loved hearing his stories.

Not a Steve-O hater, but I feel like the Stern show is a much better venue for him.

I was able to make this episode vastly more entertaining by pretending that the guest was Gallagher. Am I nuts in thinking that they sound very similar?

Big ups to WC for branching out.

Big ups to Steve-O for moving forward in life.

- Open minded fan

Isn't it also open-minded to be open to the possibility of not liking an episode of a show that one almost always likes?

Don't step on lines from people who are much better at being funny.

Love Steve-O or hate him, worst guest ever.

I think you guys have the funniest podcast around, Thanks!

and just to clarify one more little thing: this IS a free show, I don't feel ripped off or that I'm owed anything, not in the slightest. this is about a guest who flat out refused to let the hosts be a part of their own show, and I felt very awkward on their behalf.

btw, I think I know who the worst guest is from last weeks discussion but I forget his name. maybe I'll. browse that thread and see if everyone agrees. it was the guy who kept shitting on Howard right? last spring (or so)? now THAT episode was much more awkward than this.

The prevailing theory in these forums is that Chris Gore was the worst guest, because he was just sort of sleezy in a not so funny way. Howard and Ku seemed icked out.

You may be referencing Eric Andre who was my least favorite guest, what with his Cheetos and burping, and dissing Howard's chart themes.

Hey Steve-O.... save it for WTF. Not even you could get in more words than Maron.

I heard the Music chart theme some time ago.... have yet to hear number 5. Switching it off.

Sign in to follow this