🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 16 — The Water Box

Honestly, though, I think Brian would like having Vin on, but as a fan...I am more intrigued by Oswalt being on...Vin will end up giving Blaine a wedgie before the shows over.

"Vin Diesel's publicist would never let him join Brian and Friends...ever. "

He should fire his publicist then. Having Vin on a popular podcast just as the new F&F film comes out seems like a win/win.

I'm not a fan of Vin's, so I don't care whether he's on it not for myself (though it seems to tickle Brian so I hope it works out). Any publicist who doesn't get the new social media and podcast popularity isn't worth their salary.

But really, if he wants to play then he just should do it for the fun and screw publicity.

#VinFearsSark

"are you going to gag Blaine during that episode?"

He's just a guy. He's not royalty. And I'm guessing he has some sense of humor about himself if he tattooed his D&D character name (ripped off from Tolkien) on his body.

If the gang can't be the gang in the presence of Vin, what's the point?

"Jerry [sic] couldn't even put up a fight against the invisible snake or whatever it was that got him"

It was 12 Pack's reprogrammed Collector Construct. Gerry was ahead of the group and Botched against the Construct.

Honestly, though, I think Brian would like having Vin on, but as a fan...I am more intrigued by Oswalt being on...Vin will end up giving Blaine a wedgie before the shows over.

I think Patton might make an appearance this week.

Yes Sark mentioned it in one of his Machinima vids that he had already turned up and done his dwarf song, but as they bank episodes I guess we can't guarantee it will be the next episode that Oswalt will guest appear.

I hope so though, love that guy. Love this podcast.

Whoa. I'm not the only Montanan that listens to this show?? Weird...

That is weird, only like 4 of you people even vote in front page ESPN polls.

That's still more than Wyoming.

Sorry...too busy churning butter and boiling water for the 'warsh'...

• Like 1

Tomorrow, if Mildred eats a big cookie and all the dudes in sheet/cloaks turn blue, I'm going to lose my goddamn mind.

"This post brought to you by URBAN OUTFITTERS! URBAN OUTFITTERS: If your parents are giving you money, why not spend it ironically at URBAN OUTFITTERS!"

• Like 2

That's still more than Wyoming.

You've always got that!

Enjoyed the episode. If it was just constant fights it wouldn't hold my attention. The water box and the finding of an armoury raises questions and allows the characters to become stronger.

Oh and I'd have hid round the corner too... It was a weird water box. Bart gets MVP for this episode. Can't wait for tomorrow's episode.

• Like 2

With whats coming down to greet them in Episode 17, I think levelling has never been so important. I am sure their new friend Squishy McGee is going to pitch in significantly, but I'm just saying....

Vin Diesel would be great, but what's more realistic would be to get the Insane Clown Posse.

They're avid players that are guaranteed to entertain!

Guest appearances are a potential gold mine for this podcast. Something very unique in the actual play podcast world, but a possible DM nightmare for Sark. I hope Sark never looks at a 4e rulebook again and just lets fly a one of a kind "guest PC" homebrew that breaks new ground. I worry that 4e has lost so much momentum, while DnD next will be the hot new podcast before everyone at the table learns all the crutch of 4e rules...especially guests.

I am unfortunately suggesting a TPK or cliffhanger at the end of season 1. Start a new game system (DnD Next, Pathfinder or whatever) and leave behind the 4e system. That ship has sailed in the RPG world. All new material produced in the future will be moving to 5e and I would like to see NP leading rather than following.

Vin Diesel would be great, but what's more realistic would be to get the Insane Clown Posse.

They're avid players that are guaranteed to entertain!

is this true? never heard anything about this

from all the stuff they do that could be quite fun

I keep reading and watching playtest reviews on youtube saying that DnD Next is basically the Pathfinder starter box, which was supposedly mostly based off of DnD 3.5, which was supposedly way, way more complicated than 4e which these guys have even said they don't feel like bothering to really learn. So I doubt they're going to jump on the next edition.

Start a new game system (DnD Next, Pathfinder or whatever) and leave behind the 4e system. That ship has sailed in the RPG world. All new material produced in the future will be moving to 5e and I would like to see NP leading rather than following.

I wanted to say thanks for mentioning D&D Next. Being someone that still dusts off the old 2nd edition manuals, I don't really pay attention to what the company is currently up to. Because you mentioned it I looked into the D&D next playtest. They just released a new version of the playtest packet yesterday. At the very least I'm finding it interesting. Haven't decided if I'll try and set up a game or not.

Frankly I'm just glad Sark modifies 4th edition to his liking. I've heard other podcasts that heavily focus on the rules, tiles, and miniatures. It just sounds like they are playing a board game.

I have been playing 4e for about three yrs and have had a great time, but can't imagine Sark and the gang having nearly enough table space to run combats higher than 3rd level without maps and minis for almost all encounters. DnD Next is, in my experience, very simple to learn and much easier to run FASTER, no map combats with. IMHO Also cleaner in running skill checks.

I keep reading and watching playtest reviews on youtube saying that DnD Next is basically the Pathfinder starter box, which was supposedly mostly based off of DnD 3.5, which was supposedly way, way more complicated than 4e which these guys have even said they don't feel like bothering to really learn. So I doubt they're going to jump on the next edition.

Pathfinder is really not more complex than 4th. To people with a background in 2nd edition I'd say it's a touch more intuitive. Version 5 kinda remains to be seen, a fair bit of the final system is yet to revealed.

It is a shame though that they spent all that money buying 4th books at this point in history when 4th is over and done with.

"It is a shame though that they spent all that money buying 4th books at this point in history when 4th is over and done with."

How is 4e over and done with? I'm a 4e DM. There are people still playing 2e. And people even play the original box set. Just because you are done with it does not mean it is over with. Neither sourcebooks nor imagination have expiration dates.

I am so sick of hipsters nut-riding nerd culture from one trend to another.

I am a 4e DM too, and will continue to play for a while. However the last of the 4e books have been produced. Therefor done. No more. Ever. Play anything you want, that's cool, but 4e has only the past and no "future" (material).

Considering the limits of Sarks game I would suggest they switch soon. 4e will eventually break their table. IMHO

Why would a stoppage of 4e book production effect a DM who doesn't use modules and a party that has admittedly barely opened the books they have*? They are mostly playing Twilight in a Salem's Lot universe here, and enjoying it.

*(except Sarah)

Does Sark strike you as a DM who relies heavily on sourcebooks and modules?

*that was in response to Tiles, not RIP.