🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

I myself really like this movie even to this day but it is perfect for HDTGM. Basically a sequel to Peter Pan with an adult Peter Pan and an aged Capt. Hook. While there are crazy things in this movie like pirate baseball, Robin Williams in tights, Tinkerbell being able to grow giant, and child murder, there is more than enough behind the scenes stuff to make an episode for this movie.

Apparently even Steven Spielberg hated this movie and he directed the damn thing, plus apparently Julia Roberts was in full on whore mode where crew members called her "Tinkerhell." Then add to it crazy cameos like David Crosby, Jimmy Buffet, George Lucas, Carrie Fisher, and Glenn Close dressed as a male pirate who gets tossed in the "Boo Box," this movie needs to be done.

It's what I like to call divas who go beyond being a diva, think Linda Fiorentino and all of the stories about her. That and Julia Roberts has had a history or being really difficult to work with, though I think that may be because she has a baboon's ass for lips.

I don't recall hearing about Spielberg hating the whole movie. Although I do recall hearing that he said he'd work with anyone from the movie again, except for Julia Roberts.

As for the scene where Tinkerbell suddenly becomes a regular-sized person, apparently that was done at Roberts' insistence, because she hated having to do all her scenes alone. I like to imagine the cast drew lots to see who had to work with her in the scene.

It's what I like to call divas who go beyond being a diva, think Linda Fiorentino and all of the stories about her. That and Julia Roberts has had a history or being really difficult to work with, though I think that may be because she has a baboon's ass for lips.

Ahhh okay, I thought there were stories she was sleeping with everyone on set or something.

I don't recall hearing about Spielberg hating the whole movie. Although I do recall hearing that he said he'd work with anyone from the movie again, except for Julia Roberts.

As for the scene where Tinkerbell suddenly becomes a regular-sized person, apparently that was done at Roberts' insistence, because she hated having to do all her scenes alone. I like to imagine the cast drew lots to see who had to work with her in the scene.

Yeah he has been quoted as saying that he liked parts of the movie, but there are hundreds of comments like that on this message board. Julia also apparently had an assistant whose only job was to make sure the bottom of Julia's feet looked clean since the majority of her role called for her to be using wire work, so I can imagine she was a treat to deal with in those moments of feet wiping.

Ahhh okay, I thought there were stories she was sleeping with everyone on set or something.

No, I would never demean prostitutes and loose women by comparing them to Julia.

• Like 1

The other thing I forgot to mention is that this movie created a great, longstanding rumor that Michael Jackson hired a voodoo priest to put a curse on Spielberg and WIlliams in revenge for not getting the part of Peter Pan, which he desperately wanted apparently.

While I agree it would be perfect for HDTGM I can't tell you how many times I watched this. We didn't have many movies when I was a kid but this and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade were two I watched constantly. And TMNT: Secret of the Ooze.

While I agree it would be perfect for HDTGM I can't tell you how many times I watched this. We didn't have many movies when I was a kid but this and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade were two I watched constantly. And TMNT: Secret of the Ooze.

I love it too for some unknown reason, probably because I have a special place in my heart for guilty pleasure movies. And from the reviews of the movie that I've read most critics were upset that they didn't completely redo the wheel, instead opting to make a straight sequel. I myself thought it was good to connect it to the original Pan instead of tinkering a lot with the story like the 5 or so re-imaginings of Peter Pan that are set to come out in the next couple of years.

I remember loving this one as a kid, but kids have bad taste. Curious to revisit it. I think it could make for a great episode though.

I remember loving this one as a kid, but kids have bad taste. Curious to revisit it. I think it could make for a great episode though.

I too loved it as a kid and tried to get all the McDonald's toys for the movie, back when McDonald's toys were awesome. But having just bought it and rewatched it, it really is an insane movie.

I saw this movie a long time ago, so I can't remember it that well. Is this the one that has the pirates-sing-and-dance musical number, or the pirates-playing-baseball scene?

Pirates playing baseball and one of them shoots a guy who tries to steal a base.

Hook was legit my favorite movie as a kid, and I still love it. I just had my wisdom teeth out and the only movies I wanted to watch were Hook and Mrs. Doubtfire. Apparently, when I'm super high on Vicodin, I'm an early 90s Robin Williams superfan.

I remember being blown away when Rufio got killed. Zero on screen deaths for the entire movie, except for Rufio who gets straight up stabbed in the belly.

I remember being blown away when Rufio got killed. Zero on screen deaths for the entire movie, except for Rufio who gets straight up stabbed in the belly.

Especially considering that it is a rarity almost to the level of taboo to show a kid being killed on screen, especially at that time. Granted he was teen, but with how all of the kids were acting like children the whole movie, it definitely was shocking.

One of my favorites as a kid. It is AWFUL! Fully support this for an episode. :-)

Rufio, Rufio, RUUUU-FEEEE-OOOOH!

OH MAN, if HDTGM ever does Hook, Doug Benson absolutely needs to be the guest. There's no other option.

• Like 1

OH MAN, if HDTGM ever does Hook, Doug Benson absolutely needs to be the guest. There's no other option.

yeah jesus, Benson won't shut up about this movie!

This or Clue.

Clue is a really funny black comedy. I don't think there's anything there to chew on.

• Like 1

Yeah but Doug has gone on record saying he doesn't get the popularity of those two movies.

I think that Hook is only popular among people who are in their late 20s to 30s who saw it for the first time as children and the nostalgia allows you to get around sillyness that you wouldn't be able to get around had you seen it for the first time as an adult.

• Like 1

I think that Hook is only popular among people who are in their late 20s to 30s who saw it for the first time as children and the nostalgia allows you to get around sillyness that you wouldn't be able to get around had you seen it for the first time as an adult.

I can see that. I remember buying the DVDs of the X-Men cartoon from the 90s because I loved that show as a kid, but watching it now there are times when it's laughably bad.