🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

This is one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Almost everything about it is bad. Jason would have a field day with this.

• Like 1

I loved this comic book and i think that is the only reason i did not hate this movie. Don't forget it also has Donald Sutherland in it. Isn't their also a baldwin in it? I love how silly the ending is with the one guy who escapes, it felt like a cartoon.

It seems like this was another in a long line of bad scifi/horror pics that came out around that time. Event Horizon, The Relic, Mimic, etc.

Yeah it was Billy Baldwin I think and Donal Sutherland lets the alien/robot/thing take over his body in exchange for wearing a nice captain's hat.

Jamie Lee Curtis stars in the worst comic book adaption in cinema history. That's right. Worse than "The Spirit".

In an IGN.com interview, Jamie Lee Curtis said the following about Virus: "Rob Reiner for his 40th birthday had a bad show business party where everybody brought [clips from bad movies we were in]. Virus is so bad that it's shocking. That would be the all time piece of shit. It's just dreadful. That's the only good reason to be in bad movies. Then when your friends have [bad] movies you can say 'Ahhhh, I've got the best one. I'm bringing Virus.'"

• Like 3

omg this movie is bananas you guys gotta do a episode of this one its a doozy. the film scored a 9% approval rating on Rotten Tomatoes. the synopsis :Caught in a typhoon, a tugboat commanded by Robert Everton (Donald Sutherland) comes across a mysterious near-deserted ship. Excited to find a vessel that could be sold for as much as $30 million, Everton and his crew board and prepare to move the craft, despite the warnings of sole survivor Nadia Vinogradiya (Joanna Pacula). When a malevolent alien presence begins killing off the crew, navigator Kit Foster (Jamie Lee Curtis) tries to convince the rest of them to leave before it's too late.

With the film coming to Blu-ray next year from Shout Factory, got to bump this up.

This one seems to have slipped off the radar, but it is crazy bad, but somehow super fun to watch at the same time. I have no idea why Donald Sutherland is in it, Jamie Lee Curtis regrets being in it. It is about a mechanical virus on an abandoned ship, and the Donald Sutherland/monster is just one of the nuttiest things in any movie I have ever seen.

I think they would have a blast with it, though June would probably not be happy she saw it, but they would all have questions for days! Put this on your short list!

• Like 1

Its pretty crazy this movie managed to not only have its own videogame tie in, but a toy line as well. For less than $20 you can have your own Cyborg Sutherland action figure. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is based on a comic or graphic novel? A video game? Toys? Did they think this was going to be some type of hit? Even if they did a good job, this isn't the type of movie that would generally spawn merch and toy sales. WTF

They legit thought they had a hit on their hands, they really seemed to think they had the next Jurassic Park.

On 8/18/2020 at 7:28 AM, CNU2007 said:

This is based on a comic or graphic novel? A video game? Toys? Did they think this was going to be some type of hit? Even if they did a good job, this isn't the type of movie that would generally spawn merch and toy sales. WTF

It's based on a Dark Horse comic that was originally written as a screenplay in the early 90s, but when the writer realized that current effects wouldn't have been able to match his ideas and visuals, he sold it to Dark Horse to be turned into a comic. And given that the series was only 4 issues shows how barebones the screenplay had to have been.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this