🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 122 — Me Neither

Brilliant comic book artist David W. Mack joins Ku-Ku and Wie-Wie in this extra delightful edition of WHO CHARTED! Kulap geeks out over David's comic catalogue as they chat about comics, making your pecs dance, and using push ups as a medicine for anxiousness. They also discuss non-linear storytelling, summer movies that make your brain work too hard, and the cubist structure of WC. David talks about the negative reinforcement he got when he played with fire or made potato guns and he also lets out some juicy details about a possible Kabuki movie. He also talks about sewing, whooping butt at karate, and breaking down media saturation… he's amazing. They countdown the top 5 albums on iTunes and the top 5 action movie heroines of the last thirty years. Then it's time for a rousing game of Chart Roulette. Enjoy Chartists!

A little issue with our feed generator overnight. It should be there now.

Sorry guys, still ironing out the kinks...

• Like 1

I shit my pants when the episode didn't download this morning. Thank god I went to bonobos.com and used offer code Henderson to buy some new orange chinos.

• Like 1

Just started listening, is this ep really 2 hours long? That's what the player is showing.

Just started listening, is this ep really 2 hours long? That's what the player is showing.

It is.

BOOM. Whooch dropping long-casts. Reminds me of the PFT VPN that went almost that long as well.

Very nice episode.

I was very entertained by Howard's belief that Kanye West was 'in' Daft Punk.

Christopher Priest, who wrote the novel THE PRESTIGE (adapted for the film) actually made up the term "the prestige"...not actually in use beforehand. Or so he reports, and I have no reason to doubt him.

I haven't looked at KABUKI since early on in its run (third or fourth issue...)...I remember the utter visual panache, certainly...good show.

Howard doesn't understand that humans get energy from food.

• Like 2

I shit my pants when the episode didn't download this morning. Thank god I went to bonobos.com and used offer code Henderson to buy some new orange chinos.

Flatulator, virtually every comment you've posted on the Earwolf forums has been obnoxious and/or trolling BS. This, as it happens, one of the milder examples.

I strongly urge you to reconsider this behavior.

• Like 2

This was obviously a change of pace from the typical episode, but I really liked how it skewed toward a more in-depth interview style (with plenty of room for the usual monkeyshines), and David picked up on the format/vibe really well despite seemingly not being familiar with the show. It was also really cool that Kulap got to do a show with someone she's such a big fan of.

• Like 1

Oh, Kulap. Positive energy from Twooch still. It's painful.

But please, learn more about Shoegazing (Ask Scotty since he's old). Nowhere by Ride. Ferment by Catherine Wheel. Loveless by My Bloody Valentine. Souvlaki by Slowdive. Split by Lush.

NOT Fall Out Boy.

I love you and Wie Wie and Cody and Frank and Brett still (so much).

Howard doesn't understand that humans get energy from food.

au contraire, I think Howard understands that humans get energy from MORE than just food.

Shit, Howard is in my head now.

Seeing as David Mack has worked with mc chris, I strongly suggest that Ku and Wie seek out mc to be a guest on an episode. He and Howard would get along disgustingly famously, and I feel like hearing Kulap's voice and mc's voice in the same sphere could possibly bring about world peace.

Thanks for having David Mack on Whooch!

It's nice seeing a variety of guest on this podcast, and having someone in the comic community is always good. I've been a fan of Mack's since I met him down in San Diego in the 90s. Such a nice gentleman. And as always, Howard was in beastmode with ramblings that didn't go anywhere and making me smile and laugh for a whopping TWO HOURS! Awwww Yeah.. we need more of these Whoochs!

Chai Tea Mornings to everyone!

- R