🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Sorry_Bubastis

Other Celebrity Players?

Hey Guys,

Now that we know Vin Diesel is into D+D, is there any other avowed celebrity players you'd want to see on the show? I remember during his NERDIST interview, Joseph Gordon-Levitt said he was a former D+D player, and if he's game to go on Nerdist, why not throw a good word to be on Nerd Poker?

Do you guys have any other suggestions?

• Like 3

You might be able to get Will Wheaton to play, maybe Matt Groening. Dan Harmon isn't doing much these days :huh: and in an avclub interview he said, "I played D&D when I was a kid, and I’m more familiar with it than most people are with poker." Perfect.

Dan Harmon plays D&D 3.5 every Monday night for the Harmontown podcast. Spencer @thesixler is his DM.

And as far as not doing much, Dan is writing like three TV shows right now. He may have already sold as couple pilots.

• Like 1

Since the group has history with Patton Oswald & Chris Hardwick I'd hope they could convince them to join in at least as guest spots.

This is a fun idea but DMing a group larger than 5 could be a pain in the ass for Sark. Not to mention the wel known space issues they have in the studio.

Josh "The Warmaster" Barnett, MMA fighter and former UFC heavyweight champion is an old school gamer, He seems down for a game. Who do we contact here to get Josh in the game? His nerd cred is on display @joshlbarnett on twitter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oN1Em3GDXfo highlight video

Another

I've been hoping for other comedian cameos as well. Paul F. Tompkins as a city guard that sounds a lot like Iced-T, please. Or James Adomian as a wizard that sounds like Huell Howser.

Then again the room they're in looks hella crowded as it is.

Robin Williams has been a gamer forever. He still shops at he FLGS down he street from me ( I used to be the general manager as well). Patton also shopped there, when he lived here in SF. Not sure if he still does. Oh, and Kirk Hammett from Metallica was a big MTG player as well.

Uriel

Dan Harmon isn't doing much these days :huh:

Aside from playing D&D in his own podcast, playing D&D another upcoming video podcast, and writing season 5 of Community and 1-2 other shows, you mean?

Robin Williams has been a gamer forever.

He hangs out at Meltdown and did an impromptu cameo on Harmontown-- they tried to get him to play D&D with them, but he wasn't up for it (at least on that particular day.)

I've been hoping for other comedian cameos as well. Paul F. Tompkins as a city guard that sounds a lot like Iced-T, please. Or James Adomian as a wizard that sounds like Huell Howser.

Then again the room they're in looks hella crowded as it is.

Steve Agee and Kumail Nanjiani have both been hilarious on the Harmontown D&D (without totally derailing it the way some of the other comedy guests do.)

Aside from playing D&D in his own podcast, playing D&D another upcoming video podcast, and writing season 5 of Community and 1-2 other shows, you mean?

Dan Harmon is in an upcoming D&D video podcast?

Dan Harmon is in an upcoming D&D video podcast?

It's called HarmonQuest; Harmon, Spencer, et al. did a live recording of a different D&D campaign that will eventually be stop-motion animated by Starburns Industries. I may be wrong about the podcast thing-- I'm not sure how it's going to be distributed.

Link: http://www.cinefamily.org/films/dungeons-dragons-the-movies/

• Like 1

Will Weldon on Sklarbro County said Tim Duncan, the basketball player, is a massive player.

On the newest Harmontown Dan says he started listening to nerd poker.

Here's an idea. Brian goes on Nerdist, promotes "Hollywood said No "for ten minutes, and then spends an hour haranguing Hardwick until he agrees to join the party permanently.

Just a suggestion...

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this