🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 85.5 — Bonus Cut: Yo, Is "Yo, Is This Racist?" Racist?

And where are you from Shariq? Do you ever stop shariqing? Would you be willing to host your own show called "Yo, Am I Righteous?"

• Like 10

Matt, as a fellow southerner I enjoyed this ep

But that's probably b/c I'm automatically racist being from the south

Fuck all you southerners. Your intolerance is giving our whole country a bad name. Your kind should be genocided out of existence to make the world a less hateful place.

Look Shariq, I think you missed the point. We can all agree that everyone from Mississippi is racist. There are maybe five to ten people who aren't but they have plans to move soon. Can't we all just sing a long?

• Like 6

That's why I said this is a debate between white people. It is a debate that centers on white people convincing other white people that X place is "hip and progressive." What really matters in a debate like this are the opinions of other white people, not the actual minorities living in X place. And there is a sort of classism going on as well, but I feel, in the end, shitting on minorities is something that white folks of all political and socio-economic strips can get behind.

Me and my fellow white people have dedicated ourselves to helping to gentrify urban areas that get a little too "ethnic." It's a rough and thankless task, but I know that one day our sacrifices will pay off when I can live in a "Girls" universe, one where I can safely walk down the streets of Brooklyn without having to worry about encountering a POC. They're just so foreign to me, I wouldn't know how to handle interacting with one!

• Like 2

Me and my fellow white people have dedicated ourselves to helping to gentrify urban areas that get a little too "ethnic." It's a rough and thankless task, but I know that one day our sacrifices will pay off when I can live in a "Girls" universe, one where I can safely walk down the streets of Brooklyn without having to worry about encountering a POC. They're just so foreign to me, I wouldn't know how to handle interacting with one!

One day you'll live the dream, brother!

• Like 1

Matt, as a fellow southerner I enjoyed this ep

But that's probably b/c I'm automatically racist being from the south

Probably.

[note to Shannon: I didn't "call" this person a racist; I just agreed with their self-assessment]

Squarespace!!!

Should I use your promo code or HDTGM's? I kinda like their show better, but you gave me the idea. I'm torn.

What other words can I never say? Or is it just that one word? Seriously.

You can say whatever you want to say, man. Just don't dictate to anyone how to take it.

• Like 2

I'm really happy Matt Walsh said that whole piece about the midwest and rural people vs. city people. It's nice to hear people saying nice things about Detroit for once and defending it instead of bashing it.

It's nice to hear people saying nice things about Detroit for once and defending it instead of bashing it.

You should check out Shinola. They are open in the D and doing cool things.

oh there's an argument going on, ignore my positive post please

• Like 2

I'd like to hear Besser, Andrew Ti, Shariq and Jocelyn Hughes discussing this on a segment called Yo is 'Yo is "Yo is this racist?" Racist?' Racist?

• Like 4

Anyone can say any word they want, but if it is a word that originates from a place of racism, then people MIGHT think you are racist. "Why can't I say that word?!" You can, you totally can say it. I don't know why you want to, but go right ahead and talk about slopes, or wops, or whatever you'd like. I have no idea why you want to say those words, person I am talking to in this open letter comment. They will somehow help you better express your feelings of what exactly is it again you are trying to say? Why do you wish to incorporate those words into whatever you are expressing again? You want to dehumanize people you interacted with in a story from your life or something like that?

Seriously, why do people want to say those words? This is what I don't get. You can make sounds with your mouth into saying anything you wish. No one will stop you (in the U.S., at least). Some words come charged with stuff. Others don't. Use at your own discretion.

• Like 6

Andrew Ti is racist towards white people. Just listen to any episode of it all of them, they are all exactly the same. I wish Earwolf would dump YIIR but I gave up that fight a long time ago. Thank god all Matt, Matt, Paul and John understand things a little more than Andrew.

• Like 1

Andrew Ti is racist towards white people. Just listen to any episode of it all of them, they are all exactly the same. I wish Earwolf would dump YIIR but I gave up that fight a long time ago. Thank god all Matt, Matt, Paul and John understand things a little more than Andrew.

Won't someone please stand up for the white people?

• Like 6

What other words can I never say? Or is it just that one word? Seriously.

you can also never say "wheelhouse"

• Like 1

Wow, apparently 90% of the population of Detroit left overnight and there's only one black person here now. I'm going to search the whole city to find him/her. This might take a while but wish me luck!

I sense a Case Closed coming but unfortunately you can't use stupid memes and gifs when you're actually talking to someone.

• Like 2

I am shocked, shocked that this episode has so many comments.

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this