🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 34 — Total Math Wiz

Unfortunately, due to my capricious nature and arbitrary standards of nerddom, I've decided you're not a big enough comedy nerd to continue posting here.

(Take your "white knight" bullshit back to 4chan, son.)

Unfortunately, due to my capricious nature and arbitrary standards of nerddom, I've decided you're not a big enough comedy nerd to continue posting here.

(Take your "white knight" bullshit back to 4chan, son.)

Not trying to be confrontational here or to take sides in any way shape or form. However, that seems a bit unfair to me. I really hope you're just kidding because that ain't right. You seem like a rational and reasonable person (you're from Seattle after all), so I won't waste any more of your time explaining why.

This, although I would be remiss if I didn't point out that fake geek girl shaming is absolutely a "legitimate social issue worthy of concern".

Thanks for clearing that up, although I'm not sure why you used quotes here, were you using my words to strengthen your argument, or be condescending or something? I'm not trying to be confrontational or aggressive toward you at all, I was just trying to figure out your point of view. I read your links and I'll say that this still does not fall into my definition of a social issue worthy of concern, at least not outside of the one encompassing the overt sexism or racism that tends to cultivate through the anonymity of the internet.

I’d actually seen the damsel and distress videos and the ones that counter them. I thought that they both gave fine points and I’ll acknowledge that an unfortunate difference between the two is that the guy probably didn’t get many emails of dicks photoshopped onto his face for doing so. I find those responses deplorable, but I don’t think they represent an oppression specific to nerd girls. They’re just representations of the lazy, morally boundary-less reactions and insults found all over the internet, of which you can find examples directed at basically everybody. They’re the finger-shits of countless assholes affirming their own points of view by insulting people anonymously. Anybody who presents themselves for judgment on the internet, unfortunately, opens themselves to the subjection of these kinds of insults. The reactions are so common that things like Youtube Reacts To are considered funny rather than disconcerting, which is something I would say is worthy of concern(if I wasn't so busy laughing my socks off ;) ). I truly do wish that people on the internet would treat others like they would in real life.

I don’t really see what TheNarnold’s gamer score has to do with anything, outside of attempting to establish an imaginary metric of what quantifies nerdness. That seems totally subjective and the sort thing that creates the resentment and insecurities you see at both ends of this nerd girl debate. I guess I’m being confrontational here, because I really don’t see how this supports your point or what reason you’d have for posting it other than embarrassing him. I think I made it clear in my last post that I don’t agree with what he said, but I have to say that I don’t agree with this either.

If you feel anonymity negates opinions, my name is Adam Steckler and the girl I referenced as reacting negatively to the Portlandia sketch is Whitney Moore.

• Like 2

Not trying to be confrontational here or to take sides in any way shape or form. However, that seems a bit unfair to me. I really hope you're just kidding because that ain't right. You seem like a rational and reasonable person (you're from Seattle after all), so I won't waste any more of your time explaining why.

What do you propose is the correct course of action when someone calls a woman a "gold digger" (that is, a woman who has sex with men for material gain) and, presented with evidence to the contrary by an unaffiliated third party, accuses said third party of being a "white knight" (that is, a man who defends a woman with the belief that doing so will allow him to have sex with her)?

This is neither rational nor reasonable behavior, and not the sort of community I want to foster.

Hey, guys, can we get John Gemberling on to discuss bestiality? Let's see what this forum can really do.

• Like 8

I guess I’m being confrontational here, because I really don’t see how this supports your point or what reason you’d have for posting it other than embarrassing him.

All of TheNarnold's assertions about this woman's fake nerddom are wholly unsupported by the available facts. While Gamerscore as a metric is pretty useless, you don't accrue tens of thousands of points unless you are actively playing and enjoying games. What criteria, then, can be used to discount a person as a gamer? Are they not playing the "right" kinds of games? Or is it simply the fact that they have a vagina?

All of TheNarnold's assertions about this woman's fake nerddom are wholly unsupported by the available facts. While Gamerscore as a metric is pretty useless, you don't accrue tens of thousands of points unless you are actively playing and enjoying games. What criteria, then, can be used to discount a person as a gamer? Are they not playing the "right" kinds of games? Or is it simply the fact that they have a vagina?

I didn't say anything about what quantified somebody as a gamer and after re-reading the other comments, unless I missed something, neither does anybody else. It was the general, and completely subjective title of "nerd" that I could find no useful gain in definition by your post. I just wrote that, look at what you just made me write.

What I'm going to say, I convey with all due respect: I took issue with that part of your comment because, I believe, your job is to moderate and extinguish inflammatory and insulting commentary on these boards, not contribute to them. IF you had believed he was in the wrong (and I agree, he was) for calling this girl, that he did not know, a gold-digger, you could have told him he was crossing a line and that was not the kind of discussion supported here. If you did not like the suicide post he made, you could have done the same, or sent a private message warning him not to do so in the future.

Instead, you insulted him. Then, when he replied, you brought up a completely unrelated set of information, the kind that leads to the sort of caustic language represented in the very conflict we're debating. "What makes a nerd a "nerd". I just wrote that too. In my opinion you did the opposite of moderating. You instigated, inflamed and then 'won' by banning. I'm not saying that what TheNarnold said was defensible, but there are certainly times when I get all heated and don't have anybody to stop me from getting to the keyboard and typing things that I'll regret. The meltdown I had a while ago on the I4H forums is fine, embarrassing proof of that.

• Like 1

Ignoring 99% of what happened before this....

So how awesome was the Challenge?! I'm serious. I think this is my favorite episode of the Challenge to date. The game "Frenemy" was absolutely hilarious and was a brilliant move on production's part. Also, I am loving Sarah and Emily's winning streak. I really hope they take it all the way for the win.

The Jungle was hilarious as well. Surprise! Jasmine fucked up during a physical/athletic challenge. So glad Theresa and Jasmine are gone. They might be the ones getting stabbed in the butts by a bunch of scrumbags, but they are super annoying.

Did anyone else get a rock-hard boner when Cara Maria flexed her guns for the camera? O_O

• Like 3

Ok ok ok, wait, I see whats going on here. You are all a little bit confused about this whole forum. Like many of the personalities in the forums and on the podcasts, "TheNarnold" isn't a real person and he's more of a human-type online brand entity. This is exactly what the "Hayes TM®" and "Sean TM®" mobile podshow personas were talking about.

His comments weren't personal opinions but carefully researched and filtered adsense content, that just appeared to be actual comments. Even our own moderator was tricked by this!

• Like 5

Ignoring 99% of what happened before this....

So how awesome was the Challenge?! I'm serious. I think this is my favorite episode of the Challenge to date. The game "Frenemy" was absolutely hilarious and was a brilliant move on production's part. Also, I am loving Sarah and Emily's winning streak. I really hope they take it all the way for the win.

The Jungle was hilarious as well. Surprise! Jasmine fucked up during a physical/athletic challenge. So glad Theresa and Jasmine are gone. They might be the ones getting stabbed in the butts by a bunch of scrumbags, but they are super annoying.

Did anyone else get a rock-hard boner when Cara Maria flexed her guns for the camera? O_O

I'm loving the creative ways the production team is stirring up drama. You can tell that the lack of ratings in the early part of The RW:PDX had a huge effect on how they produced The Challenge. The Frenemies challenge was so bitchy, probably the bitchiest in the history of The Challenge, but I loved every second of it. In the teaser for this week's episode it looks like the sleeping dragon that is Frank may be awoken!

Meh, Cara Maria doesn't do it for me. I'm sure she's great and all, but she has this whine to her voice that really just angers me and I don't think I could look past that. She also tends to play the victim a lot. It seems like every season she wonders why everyone is against her all the time, which may be a valid question because everyone does seem to gang up on her super quickly, but she doesn't seem to want to rectify the situation either, so that annoys me. Also, didn't she say she has shocking nipple clamps on the fake electric death jungle? That worries me.

Hey guys not really interested in this nerd battle, and i'm pretty sure you missed the most important part of this episode, the part where I felt extreme excitement over the fact that a REAL Hollywood #bigwig like Jarrad Paul was going to tell me i'm doing a great job on the forums but decided to skip over it.

To be honest, I don't come on these forums for shout outs I do it because I really like the show and want to be a contributing member of the fan base. However, I have not and will not forgive Jarrad.

Sorry Jarrad, mess with the bull, uhh yeah, you're gonna get the horns.

• Like 4

I'm watching The Great British Bake Off (spin off to the barnstorming Paul Hollywood's American Baking Competition we're all talking about). they've dumbed it down and sexed it up but it's still got that cosy charm all us ABC-heads love. They had to sack the most entertaining of all possible bakers due to him being shit at baking though. I feel they should have turned their head the other way, at least for a few weeks.

Good luck defending your seed from fake gamer girls everyone, it's a warzone out there.

• Like 4

Sorry guys, my cat got on my computer last night while I was in the other room taking notes on America’s got Talent. She has a little problem with walking away from conflict, even when she has no stakes in the argument or knows it will ruin the tone and light-hearted feeling of whatever setting she’s in. I think she just likes feeling “right”. Anyway, she seems to be acting pretty guilty and I don’t think she’ll do it again.

• Like 5

Sorry guys, my cat got on my computer last night while I was in the other room taking notes on America’s got Talent. She has a little problem with walking away from conflict, even when she has no stakes in the argument or knows it will ruin the tone and light-hearted feeling of whatever setting she’s in. I think she just likes feeling “right”. Anyway, she seems to be acting pretty guilty and I don’t think she’ll do it again.

I think your cat was being rather reasonable and if anything deserves a pat on the back and a scratch behind the ears. Maybe someone could even get her some catnip... Because every cat likes to get a little high now and then, am I right?

• Like 3

I tried to give her a light hearted scratch behind her ears, but, after I made an offhanded comment about comedy, we ended up getting into a long, pointless debate over whether Louie is our generation's Seinfeld. :unsure:

• Like 3

Trust me, until that moment, there was nothing about Cara Maria that I found attractive, and I'm including personality and decision-making skills in that as well. But as soon as she flexed those guns, it was like the siren's call and my dick was Odysseus's ship, sailing for certain doom. But luckily she put her guns away and I was capable of rational thought again and steered my ship away.

• Like 1

So I just watched this week's Challenge and it did not disappoint.

Frank went nuts and is really adamant that he wasn't trying to get Jordan and Marlon into the Jungle despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary. This evidence angers him further. Everyone gets shocked by shock collars. Cara Maria couldn't handle it.

I was gonna talk about it more but I got bored and distracted half way through writing this. I might edit it and add more later.

Overall though: Pretty Great!

Too bad we didn't hear more about Whodunnit and it's batshit bonkers bananacakes nonsense season finale!

Here's the full episode on youtube:

https://www.youtube....h?v=PESjD9UA9q8

I know I tried getting this started up earlier, but I'm circling back around to point out a few nonsense things

17:00 - Zombies are so hot on tv right now, that'll score some ratings!

36:00 - Struggling to find the right moment to start speaking in riddles to a non-actor in the reality show.

39:00 - Batshittiest "oops! we wrote ourselves into a corner" arrest of a serial killer

39:45 - Schlubby Cops

41:05 - Let's hug it out

I loved hating this show. They never read the killer their Miranda Rights, either, so I guess I'm looking forward to season 2!!

• Like 1

i am super best fake nerd girl number one :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I bet I am so much more number one faker super bester nerd girl than you. :wub::ph34r::P:D;):angry:

I'm gonna give every last one of you dinguses a fuckin' swirly

Toby Keith Sweat! Where have you been?

Also, does anyone know what the hell happened to Jerkface? I miss him too.

PS - I'd like to take a moment to recognize our fearless leaders, Sean and Hayes, who are not, in any way, to be construed as our friends or comrades, for their improved participation this week on the forums. I think they and their respective brand management teams have really put in a good effort, so props to Earwolf for increasing the resources allocated to the brand-to-forum communication portion of their cross-platform PR strategy. Great implementation guys, I think this week's numbers will show a strong improvement on brand equity and begin a healthy growth period as we head into the middle of the third quarter with especially strong growth among millenials, who are ever so sensitive to "authentic" brand "experiences." It looks like the Reality SHOW Show management and PR teams have put in some real work and clearly conducted exhaustive research to gauge listener preferences vis-a-vis brand-to-listener communications strategies and brand engagement. Those extra new media courses you guys took in business school that all your colleagues (friends?) made fun of you for might actually have payed off in the end! Congrats!

• Like 3

just listened to RSS and you guys forgot to say my name again this week #whatgives

shout out to clem, best poster

• Like 3