🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 273 — Vape Cod

I thought he just made a mistake and meant to say Michelangelo.

D'Angelo is an R&B singer, does he look like a turtle?

Yeah, I also thought it was just a mistaken conflation of Donatello and Michelangelo; if not, I don't really get what the 'joke' is other than just a silly reference.

Anyway, O'Heir is not someone I would have thought of in a list of most-wanted guests, but as soon as I saw the episode listing, I figured he'd be great (improv background, works with multiple frequent guests, always seems like an all-around great guy) and he totally delivered. Definitely agree with the comment that Scott should get Retta on the show, both because she's awesome and because it will get CBB one closer to completing the P&R cast set.

Yeah, I also thought it was just a mistaken conflation of Donatello and Michelangelo; if not, I don't really get what the 'joke' is other than just a silly reference.

I am not sure, but I took it as a Raphael Saadiq (of tony toni tone fame--and another R&B singer who is associated with D'Angelo) reference.

That'd be a deep cut for sure, but I wouldn't put it past scott given his wealth of music knowledge

Now this is the CBB I love: a CBB veteran going down the darkest and most twisted rabbit holes, the newby just rolling with it and having a great time, and Scott acting as the glue to keep it together.

Please do more of these and less episodes revolving around recurring musical numbers and acronym games.

And Jim O'Heir was just fantastic. Would love to get him on with Don Dimelo.

Now this is the CBB I love: a CBB veteran going down the darkest and most twisted rabbit holes, the newby just rolling with it and having a great time, and Scott acting as the glue to keep it together.

Please do more of these and less episodes revolving around recurring musical numbers and acronym games.

And Jim O'Heir was just fantastic. Would love to get him on with Don Dimelo.

keep your stinking monkey paws off my recurring musical numbers!

So, they mentioned MIchael Jackson in that one episode and he ended up dying. Now they mention Harold Ramis and he's dead. What's going on here? I mean, the pattern is clearly that they're both male, white, and masters of their respective fields. Who's next? Bill Gates?

Horatio is such a great slow burn guest. It almost takes few appearances to get a feel for his rytham and once that hook sets you learn to catch the nuances that make him so excellent. He has gradually crept into the very top rank of CBB guests, and I love how Scott hold his feet to the fire on inconsistent details and forces him to get more absurd and abstract as things progress.

Jim was seamless as a first timer, relaxed and cooperative and funny with a nice edge. You can really tell his listen to the podcast.

I really enjoyed this.

"Can I shoot the Gorillas?" How can something that grim be that charming. I want to send Horatio presents in the mail.

• Like 1

For anyone who watched tonight's Parks & Rec(reation), I like to think that during their day together, Ben and Larry bonded over how much fun they had doing podcasts with Scott this week.

Always love Horatio, but I was almost more impressed with Jim O'Heir. Maybe it was because I did not know what to expect, but I thought he was game for anything and really pleasant. I hope CBB brings him back.

Did anyone notice them gently poking fun at Pardo? O'Heir and Sanz are both Chicago guys who have no problem saying Earwolf. Jimmy Pardo is a Chicago guy that pronounces it Airwolf.

I was laughing my butt off, wishing I could the look on Pardo's face when he hears that portion of the episode.

I was enjoying this episode during a late afternoon jog on my quiet suburban circle, laughing at the concept of killing all movie animals, when I was charged and bit by a giant black dog. Ear bud karma, thanks a fuckin lot, Horatio. I'm sending you my medical bills. (But the episode was worth it!)

Sign in to follow this