🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 282 — Wompster's University

Don't forget the lady who's been married for 40 years.

YEAH?!

And of course while not technically characters, her impressions of a bike horn, spring, and pull cord curtains are top notch foley work. ^_^

• Like 2

It's not dumb to think that, it's just a poor assumption to make. Tig is more well-known than Lennon and has a very dead-pan delivery, so I can see why someone would hear a person playing a character with a similar voice on a show that they know Tig has been on before and assume that it is Tig; never realizing that Jessica St. Clair and Lennon Parham are longtime writing partners with origins at the UCB which is why Listler and Wompler work so well together.

And it's not just about tone of voice either, it's also about style of comedy. In general, Tig doesn't DO characters (other than the Good One Robot and the Little Suitcase Kid, and both of those consist of one to two sentences, tops; listen to Professor Blastoff for the latter). She is a pretty straight-forward stand-up comedian and sometimes actor, not an improvisor. Even when she is on shows, she plays herself. Tig is a huge personality.

I understand your surprise at discovering a low-voiced woman was not the low-voiced woman you thought it was, but it does feel like a huge level of credulity was required for someone to-- having done zero research-- accept an assumption as fact only to then express such disbelief at the revelation that said assumption was completely wrong upon doing the research.

I cannot grasp how someone listening to CBB does not check out who are the guests in order to put names to the comedy being enjoyed. I can't relate.

I'm glad you've discovered Lennon Parham. She is hilarious!

I usually do look into who is playing the characters but I was just so sure it was Tig, I'd already looked into her wiki page. All my CBB podcast titles have every guest's full name right there but I was never a big fan of Tig on the show, so after assuming Miss Listler was Tig I never noticed until catching up on the current eps and seeing no credit for her.

I was listening to nearly 300 episodes of Comedy Bang Bang in the space of 3 or 4 months, not always having time to research every single character. Now I'm up to the weekly episodes I can do that. I was just looking to see if anyone else made this mistake and now there are worms all over the floor.

I'm sorry :'(

Anyone else made similar mistakes?

p.s. When will Patton Oswalt be back doing Traci Rearden, she is hot! (J/K Rowling)

YEAH?!

And of course while not technically characters, her impressions of a bike horn, spring, and pull cord curtains are top notch foley work. ^_^/>

Oh my God, Tig is hilarious. Forgot about these.

Anyways, this episode was great and I enjoyed it more than last year's Springtime womp session.

I agree very strongly that the time for the CBBTVverse Marissa Wompler has come. Followed by several CBB multiple universe crossovers, folowed by the Crisis on Infinite Comedy Bang Bangs, followed by the Death and Return of Cake Boss.

I'd love to see them on but my concern is how do you translate her to the screen? I just might prefer for her to exist solely in my imagination.

So Lennon actually had some winger on her phone teed up? She is amazing.

Yes. It seemed to me like she was merging some of of DJ Forsythia's traits with Listler and I am not against that.

Tonight is like Christmas Eve, waiting for the 5th anniversary show.

Seems like Wompler, Listler and Reardon will be there. Who else? Maybe Gino? Maybe the Stallones? Don Dimello? Cake Boss (cake boss)? Jesse the mind body and soul Ventura? The Pepper Men? The Bachelor Brothers? Bjork?

Dr Bronner? Okay, that was probably one step too far.

Is that... Earwolf studios? Looking at the pictures and am very much wondering if they did either a huge makeover with it... Or just recorded somewhere else.

Really feel like I'm missing something here.

Is that... Earwolf studios? Looking at the pictures and am very much wondering if they did either a huge makeover with it... Or just recorded somewhere else.

They moved to a new studio within the past couple of months

if you go back and listen to the Two Charted's from i think like 2 and 3 weeks ago, Howard and Brett do a pretty interesting walkthrough segment for the old studio and the new one. but yeah i don't blame you for missing it, it seemed like Howard was the only one making an reference to the move, it was kinda weird because if i remember correctly when they moved to the 2nd studio there was alot of buildup and talking about it.

• Like 1

i love that too, i also love when jessica st.clair's new jersey upbringing sometimes leaks into marissa like when she said she was going to rent out six flags great adventure and scott subtly called her out on it.

The kind of deep cut fucked up part about the great adventure haunted house birthday is this http://www.nytimes.com/1985/06/14/nyregion/patrons-entered-haunted-house-as-fire-burned.html

Using the Wompler fan art that I'm guessing originated on here, I couldn't resist putting together a spin on the True Detective 'time is a flat circle' image meme that went around a few months ago...

AeAAYJ4l.jpg

• Like 5

Using the Wompler fan art that I'm guessing originated on here, I couldn't resist putting together a spin on the True Detective 'time is a flat circle' image meme that went around a few months ago...

AeAAYJ4l.jpg

This is amazing. I love their friendship on screen and off screen and on podcast and etc.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this