🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
jeffullrich

Announcing Earwolf's New CEO

As someone that's grown up on/with the internet I've been around many different forums/websites/general communities. I must also confess to having listened to podcasts elsewhere and gotten involved on their forums. There are a lot of ego maniacs online and in the podcasting game, which is why I appreciate what you've done so much. I don't know your (former) day to day operations, but I can say that you leave yourself open to criticism and don't adhere to the "my way or the highway" policy. From what I've seen you've done a great job of fielding questions and addressing concerns. It's easy to support something when you feel as though you're also being supported as a listener and consumer.

Long story short, thanks for everything that you've done. I've spent countless hours (that tend to go by far too quickly) listening to EarWolf shows. They've made good days great and awful days tolerable. I thank you for everything you've done to deliver that experience to me. Good luck in whatever venture you choose to pursue next.

You are very generous with your words. Thank you so much.

Jeff, thank you for everything. Earwolf has been a fixture in my life for the past few years, and it's because of amazingly hardworking people like you that ventures like Earwolf can become what it is today. On a personal note, the Earwolf programs have taken me through a lot of tough times. They have given me so much joy even when other things weren't going so well. For that there are no words to thank you enough. Your judgment in leaving I trust without hesitation, because you've done everything else right so far. Best of luck to you in the future and (once again) THANK YOU.

I hope times are better these days. And that you for the trust, that's the most anyone can ask for!

Jeff,

I'm not sure I have any business writing in here because I don't really know you and there's something inherently odd about thanking someone you don't know, especially over the internet. Perhaps I'm a bad millennial, but in my mind thank yous should either be delivered in person with a hug or hand-written and delivered by a professional postman (or woman).

Either way, I have to assume that you've had a hand in ensuring that my two favorite shows, The Reality SHOW Show (may she forever rest in peace!) and Hollywood Handjobs were as amazing as they are/were and that is something I am truly thankful for. In fact, I've never been a member of an online forum until I started listening to RsS, and now that forum has become my life (you know, in a healthy way).

Best of luck on your future endeavors and I hope you come back on Hollywood Handjobs to discuss your future success.

So thanks, and an internet hug,

Chanson

• Like 1

I've been looking for the right thing to say since I got the email on Monday morning, and I still haven't found the eloquent words I was hoping to have.

So I'll just say thank you so much Jeff for everything you've done for me. Thank you for the most fun "job" I've ever had and for all the friends I've made here and laughs I've had.

I know you're going to be great at anything and everything you do next :)

I'll miss you lots,

Shannon

• Like 2

In a world in dire need of more laughter, along came Earwolf and made things a whole lot better.

Thanks, Jeff, for that. And good luck with whatever comes next.

• Like 1

hi jeff!

thank you for creating a thing that has brought so much happiness to so many people, including myself. i never knew i could care so much about podcasts until i found earwolf. i've made some life-long friendships and i've learned so much. it's truly an honor to be even a small part of it and i wish you good luck with whatever you plan on doing in the future. thanks for everything.

• Like 1

Thank you for all you've put in at Earwolf, Jeff. You've helped me through some really hard times. Earwolf was part of why I decided to start podcasting myself, which has grown into a larger part of my life than I anticipated, and I'll continue growing it as much as I can. It keeps me busy, it keeps me distracted, which keeps me happy. As well as so many shows on Earwolf that do the same. I'm pretty drunk, so I'm not sure I'm expressing myself properly, but truly, Earwolf has changed my life in a significant way. Because of the inspiration I drew from the shows on this network, I've decided I want to go into audio engineering as a career. Or voice acting. I dunno. Something with audio, something that I'm learning with my podcasts.

Just, thank you. I look forward to seeing what else you start up in the future, and I'll support you all the way. You've done great things here at Earwolf, and it's incredibly admirable that you're able to recognize when it's your time to pass the torch. I love this network, and everyone involved, and I don't know where I'd be without it. I know it would be worse than where I am now, and for that, I thank you. I can only dream that someday the things I'm associated with can have this big of an affect on somebody else's life.

• Like 1

Jeff,

I sincerely want to thank you for giving me a chance to be a part of a place that has given me & countless others endless hours of joy. Thanks for making me feel welcome from the very beginning, for all the great chats, and for the opportunity to meet the best of friends through Earwolf. The best of luck to you!

See you around,

July

• Like 1

Jeff,

I'm not sure I have any business writing in here because I don't really know you and there's something inherently odd about thanking someone you don't know, especially over the internet. Perhaps I'm a bad millennial, but in my mind thank yous should either be delivered in person with a hug or hand-written and delivered by a professional postman (or woman).

Either way, I have to assume that you've had a hand in ensuring that my two favorite shows, The Reality SHOW Show (may she forever rest in peace!) and Hollywood Handjobs were as amazing as they are/were and that is something I am truly thankful for. In fact, I've never been a member of an online forum until I started listening to RsS, and now that forum has become my life (you know, in a healthy way).

Best of luck on your future endeavors and I hope you come back on Hollywood Handjobs to discuss your future success.

So thanks, and an internet hug,

Chanson

Thanks Chanson! Sorry for the delayed response.

The only credit I can take for those two wonderful shows is supporting them. Sean and Hayes, as you know, are a couple of power brokers in this town who need little from me. I'm just thrilled to be famous adjacent to them.

I've been looking for the right thing to say since I got the email on Monday morning, and I still haven't found the eloquent words I was hoping to have.

So I'll just say thank you so much Jeff for everything you've done for me. Thank you for the most fun "job" I've ever had and for all the friends I've made here and laughs I've had.

I know you're going to be great at anything and everything you do next :)

I'll miss you lots,

Shannon

Shannon! Thank you for the kind words and sorry it took me so long to respond. You have been such a wonderful addition to the team and I'll never forget the horrible time on the forums after your computer broke down. Your contributions are very much appreciated by all of us here and all of the forum participants. Thanks for doing what you do and doing it so well!

I hope you make it out to LA sometime.

Best,

Jeff

In a world in dire need of more laughter, along came Earwolf and made things a whole lot better.

Thanks, Jeff, for that. And good luck with whatever comes next.

Thank you!

hi jeff!

thank you for creating a thing that has brought so much happiness to so many people, including myself. i never knew i could care so much about podcasts until i found earwolf. i've made some life-long friendships and i've learned so much. it's truly an honor to be even a small part of it and i wish you good luck with whatever you plan on doing in the future. thanks for everything.

Thank you Agata! I'm so glad that the team gets along so well and that you are a part of it. We really are fortunate. I hope to see you before I go!

• Like 1

Jeff,

I sincerely want to thank you for giving me a chance to be a part of a place that has given me & countless others endless hours of joy. Thanks for making me feel welcome from the very beginning, for all the great chats, and for the opportunity to meet the best of friends through Earwolf. The best of luck to you!

See you around,

July

July! Can you believe how long it's been? Over 2 years, right? I miss our chats, hopefully we can do that again sometime soon. You have contributed a great deal to what we do and I'd like to thank you for that. I hope you continue to have fun and grow!

Best,

Jeff

• Like 1

Thank you for all you've put in at Earwolf, Jeff. You've helped me through some really hard times. Earwolf was part of why I decided to start podcasting myself, which has grown into a larger part of my life than I anticipated, and I'll continue growing it as much as I can. It keeps me busy, it keeps me distracted, which keeps me happy. As well as so many shows on Earwolf that do the same. I'm pretty drunk, so I'm not sure I'm expressing myself properly, but truly, Earwolf has changed my life in a significant way. Because of the inspiration I drew from the shows on this network, I've decided I want to go into audio engineering as a career. Or voice acting. I dunno. Something with audio, something that I'm learning with my podcasts.

Just, thank you. I look forward to seeing what else you start up in the future, and I'll support you all the way. You've done great things here at Earwolf, and it's incredibly admirable that you're able to recognize when it's your time to pass the torch. I love this network, and everyone involved, and I don't know where I'd be without it. I know it would be worse than where I am now, and for that, I thank you. I can only dream that someday the things I'm associated with can have this big of an affect on somebody else's life.

Connor! Thank you so much for the kind words! And sorry for the delayed response.

I'm thrilled that Earwolf has inspired you to pursue a career in audio. Podcasting needs all the help we can get. Good luck in your career!

Earwolf's been really great to me, I remember turning into Comedy Death Ray at the very beginning on a lark and never looked back. Good luck with your next project dude

• Like 1