🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 118 - Furious 7: LIVE

People have commented that the characters in the Fast and Furious movies have effectively become super heroes, which is probably best exemplified by Jason Statham and Vin Diesel being able to walk away from a head on collision with little more than a neck crack and a shoulder rub, respectively.

However, based upon by the fact that Fast 5 opens with Perd Haply, the news anchor from Parks and Rec reporting from the scene of a bus crash, and later in Furious 7, the Rock being taken to Sacred Heart Hospital from Scrubs, I would posit the alternative theory that the Fast and Furious movies exist in the consequence free, crossover facilitating, rubber band reality of NBC sitcoms. Now you might respond by pointing out that they say “shit” a lot in these movies, Furious 7 in particular. I would in turn have to speculate that the franchise exists in some kind of after 10 pm NBC sitcom universe, allowing characters to not only say “shit” but also show tasteful side boob and the occasional less than 1/3 of an asscrack, which they did in spades in the Race Wars scene.

I would also be remiss if I failed like to comment on the Vin Diesel impressions done by members of the audience at the live show. Though many were quite good, clearly none of you people went to finishing school, where one is taught that before one does a Vin Diesel impression, one always doubles one’s chin first.

I’m simply saying that when I attend a live show at a venue across the street from a strip club, I expect a classier audience.

Ooh, great idea, I have one too. Fast Nein. The Family races in Germany, thinking that none of the autobahns has speed limits. They are wrong.

Fast Nein would be amazing.

Just a note from the questions from the audience section of the show;

They were discussing Shaw Family antagonists at one point and who could play someone from this British family in Fast 8 when the Australian lady from the audience asked her question Paul was VERY quick to vilify her as a potential Shaw.

Do we all sound the same to you Paul?! Racist!

That was me. Having Jason scream at me was a dream come true.

I think what Paul forgot to say was in the next movie (which Paul, June, Jason & Adam will write) the Shaw's sister character is a much younger half sister who is actually Australian.

• Like 6

I found this online and had to share it... Now that the universes have collided this could be used as concept art for parts 8, 9 and 10 right?

12004896_10153483707237559_8896504974898108871_n.jpg?oh=d1010f55e5b87dcd1a28c6b05cb0f06c&oe=56AB4B18

• Like 1

When Jason is hypothesizing F+F 10 will reveal the series to be simply a figment of Dom's twisted mind, Paul interjects "like that documentary ________. Where no. 10 will be like a Rain Man-esque type documentary."

What was the name of that documentary?

Sounds like Marin Call but I know that's not it.

The documentary might be "Marwencol".

so i JUST got around to watching and listening to this ep, and sorry if this was already brought up, but I'm 95% positive that Dwayne Johnson is watching old highlights of himself playing football at the University of Miami in the hospital room when it cuts to the breaking news. I could be wrong, but the number of the player making the sack lines up as does the jersey color scheme.

Well this is surprising that James Wan is not going to be back as director for the next movie in the series, especially considering how well the last one did at the box office. Apparently F. Gary Gray, Louis Leterrier, and Adam Wingard are the final three choices for the spot, but what was most shocking was one of the names past up for the job was Vin Diesel! I can only image what the hell the next movie would have been like with him in the director's chair, I assume nonstop talks about familia and a car that runs on Corona.

http://www.joblo.com/movie-news/and-the-furious-8-directorial-search-is-down-to-three-242