๐Ÿ”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ร—
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 379 โ€” Realies and Fictionals

I see now that you've laid all your cards on the table, which is not always advisable in that it allows your opponent to see what you have in your hand, but is also sometimes required for that express purpose, and I respect that, but respectfully, I would say that since we've already decided to be honest, you're not required to ask if you can lay all of your cards on the table. I appreciate you asking, but let's not get bogged down in pleasantries, as I feel like it distracts from the issue at hand.

ย 

Luke HENDERSON! and earpanther I cherish you two being frank and real in the forum and I seriously wish to someday be as honest as you two combined, sooner rather than later, that being said at this point I feel must interject and give you my 2 cents about the issue at hand... Yesterday I saw "The Final Girls" and enjoyed it a lot... I felt it shared elements from 2 movies that also fall on the Comedy/Horror genre "Detention" and "The Cabin In The Woods" ( My two other favourite movies of that genre )

ย 

The plot is great but I was also totally captivated by the camera work in "The Final Girls" found it to be pretty inventive and awesome (That bottle sequence killed me) and also even though the movie is PG-13 It never felt watered down regarding violence. IMHO this could be a worthy addition to the best of the Comedy/Horror genre and marathons for years to come

ย 

In closing... I feel that Alia was simply defending her work ( and rightly so given the quality of it witch was verified by me ) and even though Gino is covered by freedom of comedy speech when he commented that "nobody gives a fuck" he personally stated that people should see this movie legally moments after. That is all :D

ย 

P.S. : My hyper mind kept trying to find "Arrested Development" connections / references / 6 degrees of separation in the episode and maybe found four of them...

ย 

1. Alia and Adam have both appeared in the show ( But Adam was only in episode 1 of season 4 )

ย 

2. Alia is not an animal person and in Arrested Development's fourth season there's a violent ostridge running arround (stretch)

ย 

3. Adam and Gino sing "The Final Girls Countdown" an obvious parody cover of Europe's "The Final Countdown" witch is Gob's theme in "Arrested Development"

ย 

4. Judy Greer is Kitty Sanchez in the show

ย 

bye

here's a great story. the whole time listening i was like "i know who Adam Devine is but I can't remember where and I can't picture him" and he sounded exactly like Andy Richter to me until he mentioned workaholics at the end and then he didn't sound like Andy Richter at all.

ย 

Alia Shawkat, who I had an AGE APPROPRIATE crush on in the Arrested Development days, asking if she can smoke was great. I saw her on Getting Doug With High, perhaps she assumed that's what happens on all podcasts?

Sign in to follow this